Comfort food?

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2009, 11:39 PM

Cracker Barrel for me.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DugCave View Post
Are there many restaurants or diners that serve good old comfort food in or around the villages? I eat at a few mom and pop eateries where I live and find them to have better food at more reasonable prices than chain restaurants. I do like TGIF, Ruby Tuesdays, and others, But like my comfort food also. Any help will be appreciated as this will weigh on a decision to move to TV.
I suggest the Farmhouse Restaurant in Belleview. Off the main road, but very good meat and vegetables. Real comfort food.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:52 PM

Thanks Lizbel and all who gave thier input. Will check them out later this year when I visit TV. By the way, I consider comfort food something that is cooked, baked, fried, steamed, roasted, or otherwise prepared with fresh produce, meats, etc., like my relatives used to make. No preservatives, low sodium, just good old down home cooking. You know when you have eaten it because it leaves you feeling real good.
Dug
Old 04-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Sage

I gotta stop reading this thread...

I read it, I feel hungry.
I feel hungry, I eat.
I eat, I gain weight.

I gotta stop reading this thread.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM

It doesn'e get any better than The Speckled Butterbean, as already posted. Well worth the drive.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Clawsalot
Default Comfort Food

One of the hidden gems in Summerfield is Sunset Harbor Marina on Sunset Harbor Road. On Thursday and Saturday they have all you can eat baby back ribs....Melt in your mouth. Everything is homemade by someone's Granny. Friday night is all you can eat fried fish. Family owned and operated, not the most beautiful place....but it's clean and the food is fresh and hot. Also, Goodfella's in Belleview has really good Italian comfort food. Who doesn't feel happy and loved eating a giant bowl of spaghetti and meatballs? Pizza is also divine. It's right off of 441 in the plaza with the theater. If you're up for a real drive...Junior's in Gainesville is a soul food buffet with everything you could possibly imagine....baked macaroni and cheese, fried pork chops, collard greens, blackeyed peas. Just go north and it's in the Publix Plaza on Main Street. Worth the drive.
Happy eating,
a chunky connoisseur of comfort food
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.