Is Coney Island Drive-Inn coming to Wildwood?

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2021, 08:55 PM
Veteran member

We stopped by to try them out, hoping for something close to a Detroit- or Flint-style Coney Island experience. We circled the parking lot twice along with a couple of other cars, trying to find a parking spot. No such luck. The place looks to small to comfortably seat the number of people associated with the cars in the lot. We'll try again some day but the comments about the hot dog being boiled (it should really be grilled), made of "not beef" (it should really be ALL beef) are putting me off a bit. I'm spoiled by Coney Islands that served properly grilled, all-beef Koegel's hot dogs back in Michigan.

Since the Koegel's On The Road service cancelled their Florida fall trip this year, I am seriously jonesing for a good hot dog. Hopefully they will be back in the spring and I can cook myself (and my friends) real hot dogs.
Old 12-09-2021, 09:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Some people never have fun! To each his own…
I absolutely don’t know what your talking about go Steelers
Old 12-09-2021, 09:25 PM
Veteran member

I went there last weekend and liked it. Had a coney island and onions dog, and enjoyed it. The coney sauce was totally different that what I'm use to, but I liked it. If your familiar with Rhode Island and Southern Mass, it's not like NY system's mostly fine ground beef sauce. They made a mistake and gave me a New Yorker, which was a foot long with relish, mustard, sauerkraut, and another condiment, but they didn't charge me. I brought it back and gave to a friend who loved it. I like the dogs at Home depot too, but don't like the Detroit coney...different stokes for different folks. Just because it's not like home doesn't make it bad for me. If anyone goes to Costco in Altamonte Springs, there's a Chicago Dog on Rt 441 not far from it. I had a Chicago dog there (first one ever) and thought it was very good, but can't say if it was as good as one from Chicago.
Chicago Dog & Co
Old 12-10-2021, 01:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
The former coffee shop at 301 & 466A used to have signs indicating that Coney Island Drive-Inn was "Coming Soon." It was obvious that renovations were underway.

I drove by the location today. There isn't a single sign showing anything. The signs I saw previously are gone. The parking lot is completely empty of anything. It looks to be entirely dormant.

Does anyone have any current information?
Went by it tonight on 301 when I was arriving and it was open with plenty of signage.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Do they have a drive through?
no drive-thru, sadly. not enough room, it's a tight place
Old 12-10-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
sorry pug mom you could never ride with me no eating or drinking except water in my car and I mean never and for years I drove from Florida or Arizona to Boston / no food moving or sitting ever lol
so let me get this straight: you don't like sticky steering wheels or door handles, leaky soda from the improperly place lid, & crumbs on the floor? what if i spring for the ice cream? i'll bring my own tarp to protect against the gooey butterscotch topping!
Old 12-10-2021, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
so let me get this straight: you don't like sticky steering wheels or door handles, leaky soda from the improperly place lid, & crumbs on the floor? what if i spring for the ice cream? i'll bring my own tarp to protect against the gooey butterscotch topping!
sorry PugMum not even if you were Angelica Huston , Well maybe for her
Closed Thread

Tags
coney, signs, island, drive-inn, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.