Let’s talk Coffee ☕️

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2022, 08:13 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,617 Times in 436 Posts
Default Let’s talk Coffee ☕️

Buying hopefully very soon in TV - will probably be new build in the south. Question - is their a good coffee roaster in TV? Also, I enjoy my morning coffee out at coffee place. I enjoyed the Starbucks at LSL, but is there anything south of that? Dunkin’ Donuts, Panera Bread or McDonalds don’t cut it. Does Sawgrass have a coffee place with sitting, and if so what time does it open. Thank you my future friends and neighbors for your help. Will be back for second lifestyle visit next week! 😀
Old 08-17-2022, 08:40 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Buying hopefully very soon in TV - will probably be new build in the south. Question - is their a good coffee roaster in TV? Also, I enjoy my morning coffee out at coffee place. I enjoyed the Starbucks at LSL, but is there anything south of that? Dunkin’ Donuts, Panera Bread or McDonalds don’t cut it. Does Sawgrass have a coffee place with sitting, and if so what time does it open. Thank you my future friends and neighbors for your help. Will be back for second lifestyle visit next week! 😀
Good Day. Sorry I do not have an answer for you, but I do have a question. Back in my past life in NY I had a french press and would grind either Jamaica Blue, Hawaiin Kona or a mix of Guatemala/Antigua. I'd get the burlap bags whole bean and grind it right before making a cup. With the advent of K cups, and life getting busier (not retired yet) I have switched to a K cup for my morning coffee (Cuisinart K Cup brewer). I have tried many many brands (even the types mentioned above) but have not found one that is "consistently" good. I try brand xyz and it is great. Brew the next cup of xyz and not so great. The water I use is consistent (spring). Temperature the same but the taste still varies. Do you have any suggestion of a kcup that you like? Thanks.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Any answer you get today, will be out of date in about 3 months.
And just because you do it one way at your current place, doesnt mean that will be the routine here.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:52 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,617 Times in 436 Posts

Before retiring last year, I used k cups at work for convenience, but now that I’m retired, I take my time trying to brew the perfect cup. I like French press, but also alternate using Chemex and Aeropress, as well as Mocha Pot when making Cafe Cubano. I grind my own beans in a Breville grinder. If making a latte, I have a Breville milk frother. I kinda turned in to a coffe snob - I look forward to a good cup each morning, and willing to put in a little effort now that I don’t have to hurry off to work. So many good you tube videos that show how to brew with the above methods. K cups are good in a pinch, but really doesn’t compare to a good home pour over or other method.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Sawgrass Market has a coffee roaster. Golden Hills Coffee. They open at 7:00 am.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:56 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,961 Times in 752 Posts

I’ll take my K-cup over Starbucks with the various selections available
Old 08-17-2022, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,661 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
Good Day. Sorry I do not have an answer for you, but I do have a question. Back in my past life in NY I had a french press and would grind either Jamaica Blue, Hawaiin Kona or a mix of Guatemala/Antigua. I'd get the burlap bags whole bean and grind it right before making a cup. With the advent of K cups, and life getting busier (not retired yet) I have switched to a K cup for my morning coffee (Cuisinart K Cup brewer). I have tried many many brands (even the types mentioned above) but have not found one that is "consistently" good. I try brand xyz and it is great. Brew the next cup of xyz and not so great. The water I use is consistent (spring). Temperature the same but the taste still varies. Do you have any suggestion of a kcup that you like? Thanks.
Costco used to carry a Kona blend that was pretty good but they DC'ed maybe three years ago. My wife and I are heavy coffee drinkers and do miss it.

Where can one get whole-bean Kona coffee for home use?
Old 08-17-2022, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Costco used to carry a Kona blend that was pretty good but they DC'ed maybe three years ago. My wife and I are heavy coffee drinkers and do miss it.

Amazon?
Old 08-17-2022, 10:29 AM
Smile Coffee

We found Peets Major Dickason's very reliable. Grind at home or pre ground. Really like Starbucks Italian roast too. K cups don't cut it. Can't find any Dunkin I can drink.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

There’s the place at Sawgrass Grove.
At Magnolia Plaza there is Reveille Cafe and soon to come Foxtail Coffee Co.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-17-2022, 11:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

In a previous life, I used to roast and grind my own coffee. I have since succumbed to convenience and Peet's Major Dickason's Blend K-Cups from Amazon.

Mainly, I bought green beans online from Sweet Maria's. They have a varied and constantly changing menu. My favorites came from small fincas in Guatemala. They also offer a few choices of roasted beans.

Sweet Maria's website... click here.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Try BJ's
Old 08-17-2022, 12:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Geeeez you people take your coffee seriously.

I buy any small can coffee that's the cheapest I can find and consume 4 cups a day.
I use Mr. Coffee drip coffee maker, decaf, with a little milk.

I also refuse to order coffee in any restaurant, it's overpriced and sometimes to weak.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,661 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Amazon?
Ordered coffee from Amazon once. Big mistake.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Ordered coffee from Amazon once. Big mistake.
We get the k cups and happy with them.
Closed Thread

Tags
coffee, south, place, let’s, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.