Culver's

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2018, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post
Don't worry about your waistline. Eat drink and be merry. If it's good, eat it! Life's too short to stay skinny. By the way, I'm fat and happy.
In that case, I'm ecstatic.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If NYC is so good? why are there gobs of NY'er down here? Tax evasion???
The Villages is truly wonderful in many ways - which is why my wife and I bought here (we are from NJ). However, New York is one of the most incredible places in the world - art, music, museums, restaurants, and so much more. All of this is just in the city of New York! Yes, the cost of living - including taxes - is very high. There are many negatives as well (crowds, dirt, noise, crime). But NYC is a very special place as described in this piece talking about tourists from other countries coming to visit the U.S.

"Of the top 10 states that foreign travelers visited the most in 2013, New York accounts for 30.5% of all those visitors. Even though the state doesn’t have the advantage of warm weather all year around, it does provide a cultural experience, history and entertainment that is unmatched by any other place in America. If you’re a big fan of theatrical productions, you can see the world’s best shows on Broadway. If you want to see historic monuments, the Statue of Liberty is one of the most famous of all time.

Big time sports fan? How about the mecca of basketball; Madison Square Garden. Big fan of music? The most famous bands in the world have played in the same arena before. Heck, it’s dubbed as the world’s most famous arena. Even aside from New York City, if you somehow get bored from being in the city that doesn’t sleep, eating at some of the world’s finest restaurants and hanging out at Times Square, you could always visit one of the neighboring states adjacent to New York, one of the most densely populated areas in the world. With so many reasons to visit New York it’s no wonder people come in droves from all over the world and will continue to do so again and again."

But since this is about restaurants, here is a list of the top 50 in the U.S. Just over half of them are in New York. Best restaurants in America - Business Insider

Last edited by EnglishJW; 04-22-2018 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 04-22-2018, 03:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJW View Post
The Villages is truly wonderful in many ways - which is why my wife and I bought here (we are from NJ). However, New York is one of the most incredible places in the world - art, music, museums, restaurants, and so much more. All of this is just in the city of New York! Yes, the cost of living - including taxes - is very high. There are many negatives as well (crowds, dirt, noise, crime). But NYC is a very special place as described in this piece talking about tourists from other countries coming to visit the U.S.

"Of the top 10 states that foreign travelers visited the most in 2013, New York accounts for 30.5% of all those visitors. Even though the state doesn’t have the advantage of warm weather all year around, it does provide a cultural experience, history and entertainment that is unmatched by any other place in America. If you’re a big fan of theatrical productions, you can see the world’s best shows on Broadway. If you want to see historic monuments, the Statue of Liberty is one of the most famous of all time.

Big time sports fan? How about the mecca of basketball; Madison Square Garden. Big fan of music? The most famous bands in the world have played in the same arena before. Heck, it’s dubbed as the world’s most famous arena. Even aside from New York City, if you somehow get bored from being in the city that doesn’t sleep, eating at some of the world’s finest restaurants and hanging out at Times Square, you could always visit one of the neighboring states adjacent to New York, one of the most densely populated areas in the world. With so many reasons to visit New York it’s no wonder people come in droves from all over the world and will continue to do so again and again."

But since this is about restaurants, here is a list of the top 50 in the U.S. Just over half of them are in New York. Best restaurants in America - Business Insider
Sounds great....! But in looking at those plates then looking around at the general population, I doubt they'd go over very quickly in these here parts.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:

You have given an accurate description of why NYC is so great. And i agree with your assessment. But it doesn't answer topspinmo's question of why are there so many New Yorkers down here. So I'm guessing it is the weather.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:13 PM
fw102807

Quote:

We love NY and have been there very many times but I still would not want to live there.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default NY in TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
You have given an accurate description of why NYC is so great. And i agree with your assessment. But it doesn't answer topspinmo's question of why are there so many New Yorkers down here. So I'm guessing it is the weather.
Weather and the property taxes are 75 to 80% less.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:29 PM
Sage

Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Culver's Menu | Butter Burger, Frozen Custard, Curds & More

I was waiting for husband and daughter to finish shopping at Bealls recently, sitting in the chairs by the entrance. A gentlemen sat down next to me and started a conversation. He said he was from New York. He told me that New York City had the best restaurants, the best hospitals, the best art and culture. I told him that I enjoyed visiting NYC and had been there many times. I asked him if he had ever been to Cincinnati. He said "No. Why would I do that?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
If NYC is so good? why are there gobs of NY'er down here? Tax evasion???
I've wondered why when all we hear on social media sites (this thread not-with-standing) on how we don't have any "good" restaurants here etc. etc. etc. Gracie's interaction, I guess says it all I guess. Nothing is "good" here apparently...or anywhere else!! Years ago we were on a cruise and I was sitting by myself off to one side and a group that appeared to be from the N.E. made a comment about ALL the midwesterners that were on the boat and ALL they could talk about was the weather. LOL Guess we don't appear to have any "fetching up"!
Old 04-22-2018, 05:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
4 ounces?

You might want to research that a little more.
It`s a continuation of a " SATIRE " which I began a few posts prior thats all .

Last edited by Buffalo Jim; 04-22-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:14 AM
Sage

I’m jonesing for a NOTHINGburger, will Culver’s have this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2018, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
I’m jonesing for a NOTHINGburger, will Culver’s have this ?

What is a NOTHING burger?

I will have to try their custard soon.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
What is a NOTHING burger?

I will have to try their custard soon.

Hey Tal, check into NOTHING every once in a while. We’re holding a seat for you there. But, don’t attempt to sit in it. After all, it’s NOTHING and you’d only get hurt.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Hey Tal, check into NOTHING every once in a while. We’re holding a seat for you there. But, don’t attempt to sit in it. After all, it’s NOTHING and you’d only get hurt.

He was just kidding Tal. Nothing Burger is a pun.
Old 04-24-2018, 11:28 AM
Sage

Grandpa Muenster Burger
Old 04-25-2018, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

Agree - first time in one and custard is outstanding!!!!
Old 04-25-2018, 10:46 PM
Sage

Culver’s will be my go to place the next time I jones for custard.

Closed Thread

Tags
culvers, good, service, neat, food

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.