Culvers

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2022, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I’m not much for fast food but I tried Culver’s twice ,once burger with just lettuce and tomato nothing else on it same with chicken sandwich I found both of them a little dry and not much flavor , I’ll stick to the $14 and $15 burgers at some of the restaurants around here when it comes to Culver’s you get what you pay for , the same goes for the more expensive one , every one likes what they like so I don’t need to be jumped on for not loving Culver’s I know it’s probably a sin to criticize an institution lol
Actually I'm glad you posted this. I thought I was the only one who wasn't impressed. When I worked at Publix in Southern Trace I went to Culvers after work a couple of times. Got a burger with cheese and mushrooms. The bread was soggy and basically inedible, the meat was - ground meat. Nothing exciting, nothing bad. The mushrooms were swimming in whatever grease they sauteed them in, which was probably why the bread was barely fit for consumption.

The fries were garden variety frozen crinkle-cuts - no better or worse than the Ore-Ida you get in the supermarket. The second time I went I tried the onion rings. What insanity drove them to SALT their onion rings?

In all, I was unenthused, unimpressed, and will likely not return unless they have a "buy a small fry, get the entire rest of your meal free" sale.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
A triple mushroom and Swiss burger cannot be deemed "dry" by any means. If you have someone that has a Gluten allergy, Culvers will sell you a cellophane wrapped/sealed hamburger roll so that you can put your burger on an uncontaminated roll. They also honor our veterans with a nice discount. The Villages is the first place where I have heard of Culvers and I am glad I did. Steak and Shake used to be my favorite.
I’m sure it’s not dry when it’s loaded up with cheese and special sauces ie grease , but I prefer a hamburger with fresh lettuce and tomato where I can taste the meat , and where the roll doesn’t get stuck on the roof of my mouth but.can’t argue with a man whose best burger before Culver’s was steak and shake .
Old 10-05-2022, 11:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,783 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
I’m sure it’s not dry when it’s loaded up with cheese and special sauces ie grease , but I prefer a hamburger with fresh lettuce and tomato where I can taste the meat , and where the roll doesn’t get stuck on the roof of my mouth but.can’t argue with a man whose best burger before Culver’s was steak and shake .
I like Culvers hamburgers but then again, I hate the taste of meat.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Culver's seems to have a thriving business, regardless of those with "discerning?" taste. I guess that is why such condiments as mustard and ketchup, pickles and onions, as well as being cooked with butter, gives the masses options to please the palate. Personally, I feel that mushrooms are better enhancements to bring out the taste of "meat" than lettuce and tomato.....but everyone has their preference. I do not know what part of the cow that Culver's uses for their hamburger, but Steak N' Shake does advertise a burger with ground chuck and brisket. Culver's does have other items on their menu besides burgers and they do brag of a decent ice cream or frozen custard. Personally, I prefer a greasy/buttery, juicy burger when my stomach can handle it, along with their french fries that seem to be cooked in fresh oil daily. That is another thing great about Culver's is their very "clean" appearing fries that do not seem to be cooked in OLD oil.
But, we all have our preferences and these are just my observations. Some folks prefer thick burgers and some of us prefer thin, smash burgers. Some prefer a plain roll and some like sesame seeded rolls or pretzel rolls. Some enjoy a salad on their burger and some of us just like mustard, ketchup and pickle on our burger, or plain old mushrooms and Swiss cheese. Ain't it great that we are different and not just cattle grazing in a field?
Old 10-06-2022, 08:22 AM
Sage

Discerning taste , well I don’t think so but I do know when something is stuck in my throat , but as I said in first post everyone likes what they like . It’s nice to know they give a military discount ,but I wouldn’t know because I don’t go into every business and ask ,I’ve seen people ask and told no I think that would be embarrassing.I wouldn’t mind asking in businesses ,if there was someway I could give the discount to some mom with kids or students in the line but there isn’t so I’m not going to ask if they give a discount
Old 10-06-2022, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Discerning taste , well I don’t think so but I do know when something is stuck in my throat , but as I said in first post everyone likes what they like . It’s nice to know they give a military discount ,but I wouldn’t know because I don’t go into every business and ask ,I’ve seen people ask and told no I think that would be embarrassing.I wouldn’t mind asking in businesses ,if there was someway I could give the discount to some mom with kids or students in the line but there isn’t so I’m not going to ask if they give a discount
So is the bun stuck on the roof of your mouth and your throat at the same time?
Old 10-06-2022, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Old 10-06-2022, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I fell off the wagon after two days and have been to Culvers every night since Ian eve. I never ate much Ice Cream my entire life but their Concrete Mixers are like Crack!

I think it's custard but I don't ask I just Crush, Kill, Destroy a Vanilla Mixer with Cookie Dough. I don't even have to give the order anymore. They just say come on up!!!!
Old 10-06-2022, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I fell off the wagon after two days and have been to Culvers every night since Ian eve. I never ate much Ice Cream my entire life but their Concrete Mixers are like Crack!

I think it's custard but I don't ask I just Crush, Kill, Destroy a Vanilla Mixer with Cookie Dough. I don't even have to give the order anymore. They just say come on up!!!!
You use crack!
Old 10-06-2022, 01:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
yes and I think half the bun went down sink drain when I used my water pick !!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2022, 05:39 PM

Haters will hate, and you are welcome to stay away from Culver's. Fewer people in line means I can get my fish sammich that much quicker.
Old 10-06-2022, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
You use crack!
Just a saying I reckon. I gave it up for Lent several years ago!!
Old 10-06-2022, 07:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,783 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
yes and I think half the bun went down sink drain when I used my water pick !!!!!!!!
You may want to be checked out for a health condition, Sjögren’s syndrome, which can cause dry mouth and may impede proper chewing and swallowing.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob the Newbie View Post
Culver's also will give a discount to seniors. All you have to do is ask them for it!
Ask for it? We got the senior discount without asking. Should we feel offended, or pleased?
We have been twice now. Still "satisfied" customers. But, when we head north to Bellevue, I like Checkers' Big Buford hamburger, fries and Coke. That is our favorite fast-food choice. 🍔 🍟🍺

Last edited by fdpaq0580; 10-06-2022 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
You may want to be checked out for a health condition, Sjögren’s syndrome, which can cause dry mouth and may impede proper chewing and swallowing.
That's me. Mine caused by radiation and chemo. Lots of trouble eating dry foods. That is why I choose mashed potatoes with gravy over baked every time now. Some like, and even need, their foods juicy, but not necessarily greasy.
Closed Thread

Tags
culvers, time, diet, pleased, bring

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.