Culvers- No Help

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2021, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Most have no choice, they can’t cook 👨*🍳. Some won’t cook.
You can put almost anything (short of an old sock) into a crockpot or pressure cooker and " WA-LA in several hours you have a masterpiece of culinary perfection - equal to or better than most restaurants when you factor in the wasted hours of your precious lifetime.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:35 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arickis View Post
You are extremely naïve or just plain stupid, if you don't understand the implications of extended and increased unemployment benefits. The people can stay on unemployment if they feel unsafe to go back to work, and on top of that, they received a bonus that might come close to doubling their pay! No it is not a local issue, it is a federal government mandate so Florida just can't end it. Yes it is political because we have morons running the system. This is here until 2024 and maybe longer.
Retired person I know with great ssi and pension is enjoying being laid off from a pt job and now collecting unemployment even tho doesn't need it they say. Grrrrrr
Old 04-18-2021, 07:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeinFL View Post
Just wondering. How many people on here are bitching about people collecting unemployment, received a stimulus check?
Can you say “double standard “?
Can you say “poor analogy”? We didn’t get a stimulus check every week or two weeks nor did we receive a stimulus check in addition to an unemployment check. So your bitching remark doesn’t add up.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Can you say “poor analogy”? We didn’t get a stimulus check every week or two weeks nor did we receive a stimulus check in addition to an unemployment check. So your bitching remark doesn’t add up.

If you read through the entire thread. It would add up. Perhaps you did and just can’t add?
Btw, I haven’t received any stimulus checks. And never had the need for unemployment payments.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:45 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,302 Times in 560 Posts

After 12 pages of words of wisdom and many days later, the lobby is still closed, the cars idle in line for the overrated butterburger, and still no definitive answer on Culver-nomics in The Villages!
Old 04-19-2021, 05:23 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafw1 View Post
I was told by an employee that many of the employees have Covid and therefore they have a lot of employees not working and therefore can only keep the drive thru open.
That sounds like a serious case of BS.
Old 04-19-2021, 05:34 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
/////
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGirl View Post
Well you missed a great meal! Why are you in rush? Aren’t you retired ? There is short help all over. We are lucky to have all these great restaurants here at The Villages but sometimes you just got to be patient.
Well, we gotta wait until the money runs out and possibly 2022/2024 before we go back to an environment where people work and get paid, rather than procreate and get paid...
Old 04-19-2021, 05:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeinFL View Post
Just wondering. How many people on here are bitching about people collecting unemployment, received a stimulus check?
Can you say “double standard “?
If you file 2020 taxes, and are under the threshold, you are getting the stimulus check whether you want it or not. There is no way to 'OPT-OUT'....
Old 04-19-2021, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
They all have really nasty cold winters (including Maryland, which is nasty and cold, but not as long as the other states). Northern residents retiring to southern climates is kind of a thing. There are actually entire retirement communities in the southern states. Like Florida, for example! And - they've been around since before YOU were old enough to forget that little slice of data!
Well that cold, nasty weather certainly explains why folks are bailing out of California for Texas.

Whatever gets you through the night...

It is however, due greatly to taxes, cost of living, poorly run states going bankrupt, crime, opportunity, it goes on.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsteoStrongVillages2 View Post
I think that Culvers is doing the public a service by saying, "Hey, we don't have enough help but we will serve you the best we can". Rather than let you order, pay and sit forever waiting on your food.
I agree, But I have to add that I still work. I enjoy going to Culver's, with my laptop, placing my order and waiting even an hour for my food. I continue to work, etc. Something I cannot do comfortably in the parking lot in my vehicle.

So, I have to find other places to go to.

Yesterday, while going through South Carolina ( I do every other week in TV) I TRIED to do a walk-in for breakfast. I got off at 3 different exits and everywhere were horrible long lines for drive throughs. Nobody had any dining rooms open, everyone had HELP WANTED banners in the windows (thanks,,,uh,, you know, we gotta print money because of 'the thing''.. uh uh ).

The only place with sit downs were Cracker Barrel and Waffle House, both of which has 20 or more standing outside waiting.

Is it no wonder that only places where TIPPING is allowed has waiters and waitresses?
Old 04-19-2021, 11:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Well said. We used to be a very self reliant society but the govt decided it knows best how to spend our money.
Now, if I could figure out some way to liquidate accounts without getting killed on taxes I'd be fortunate.

Because I can see the tax hikes coming. Someone has to pay for all this stuff. I'm so tempted .....
Closed Thread

Tags
culvers-, closed, week, staff, pleasant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.