Culvers- No Help

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2021, 06:24 AM

I say suck it up buttercup and get back to work and get off the dole.Too bad you lazy loafers have to wear a mask while working. It is what it is.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
McDonalds in Colony was drive thru only last week when we stopped by. No reason they should be closed to indoor service. Long line at drive thru, no thanks.
A lot of places can't open the inside - Culvers, McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King plus regular businesses are understaffed. People are getting paid by the Federal Government to stay home. They are not going to work. The teachers have already had one full year of pay and have not returned to work. Many of the schools are still closed. There are hiring signs in cities and town all over the US. Thankfully our tax dollars are paying for this and are increasing soon to fund this. /s
Old 04-17-2021, 06:37 AM

No workers
Florida is a non union state
Wages are so low it’s better to stay on unemployment or welfare
Nursing Homes on the villages only pay 10 dollars an hour unless ur a professional can’t live on that
Old 04-17-2021, 06:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

So sad that the government pays so well. My assistant golf pro said his sister, who is unemployed, makes more money than him from the government. She just lays around everyday, heads to the beach, even took a vacation. Something is definitely wrong in this country.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:39 AM

You have a bad case of entitlement. And I will assume you're one of the people who believe that food workers don't deserve $15 an hour in pay, right? Go home and make yourself a hamburger and stop complaining.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:03 AM

Possibly covid issues. Dont give up on the. The food is good.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:05 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
So sad that the government pays so well. My assistant golf pro said his sister, who is unemployed, makes more money than him from the government. She just lays around everyday, heads to the beach, even took a vacation. Something is definitely wrong in this country.
Goes to show who’s the smarter sibling not the assistant golf pro!
Old 04-17-2021, 07:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
The sign on the door said, short staffed use drive-thru ! My choice was Drive-off rather than get in a line that wraps around the building! What happened to this restaurant? The indoor seating has been closed all week! The staff was so pleasant and always so eager to make us happy! Do others feel the same? It will be along time before I return to Culvers!
Don't take it out on Culvers. There are all kinds of businesses looking for help. With the extra unemployment benefits passed by Congress, tons of people are just sitting at home rather than work.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:18 AM

The line between unemployment and welfare is blurring. Unemployment office sends a notice to employer “so and so has filed for unemployment”. The employer used to be asked if they were eligible, no longer, that side of the form is now blank! Fast food employees are not seasonal, how many 20 something snowbirds so you know?
As for Culver’s, I’d sit in a line around the building 3 times for a concrete mixer and a Culver’s burger!
Old 04-17-2021, 07:25 AM
Sage

We go to Culver's...went through the drive-through a week ago and the parking lot was full with outside dining that way too. Their inside is "socially-distanced" so that area is smaller. I suspect Covid as well as the lack of workers being the factor of what's happening there now. A couple of weeks ago we met friends at one of the country clubs for dinner. We had reservations so got right in. It seemed busy, at least outside, so we opted for inside. Our dining-room wasn't full at all...maybe 3 or 4 tables/booths. BUT our server really was running her tail off and it appeared to me that they might have been short staffed. Even back then I was hearing or reading similar comments as on here about local places---not just fast-food. Many of our workers drive here from surrounding areas for their jobs. Maybe it's the trickle down effect---higher gas, less hours etc. Also reading of food and products prices increasing. Think what's happening in our country (won't make this political) is affecting ALL areas of what we once took so much for granted.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
I know this first hand up north in northern NE. Folks have been verbal about making more staying home than working. It causes shortages in staff and repercussions in services.

I'm not making this up. I know. Seasonal folks are laid off not fired. They collect. No need to go back to work.

Free money! Woo Whoo!

The best one is retired people getting checks because due to covid they can't go to work.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:44 AM

Re unemployment insurance, the people criticizing stimulus money for Americans are the same ones saying more help should be given to Americans than to foreign governments.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:44 AM

Totally disagree. Restaurants and other businesses are short of help all over only because of the unemployment benefits being paid. Do you really think that a bloated federal government run by free spending politicians is going to check up on those receiving benefits to make sure they are "out looking for a job"? Of course not. Many of them will not be happy until everyone in this country is on welfare.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:48 AM

I've been reading up on this after St. John's Seafood stopped opening for lunch - they are dinner only now. They stated this is because they cannot find enough workers. In the same center Pho Village had one worker taking orders who told me he was exhausted and asked to me if I knew anyone who wanted a job. It is sad. Also, the two sit down restaurants I have visited recently had what I think was service by non-citizens (I feel for those seeking a better life, despite thinking immigration should be for those who are legal, so this is not meant to be a mean comment - and yes, I know some got recent stimulus, but they do not get unemployment so need to work to live.)

Anyway...WSJ reported two things (1) Some people still will not return to jobs out of Covid-fear (2) Many restaurant workers found different jobs when they were laid off during the pandemic.

It rather surprised me that WSJ failed to mention how lucrative unemployment insurance is. According to my understanding, all one must do is state they were "looking for work" and state places they say they sought jobs to continue on it. So, I think high unemployment benefits, even as the nation re-opens, is a reason.

I have begun calling to confirm restaurants are open before going.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

Complain complain complain is that all your seniors ever do, you're retired take a few minutes and relax while waiting for your ice cream. Don't you know people don't want to work if they're making an extra $300 a week by not working. We've seen two Burger King's, two little caesars, and a Wendy's close up so far because nobody wants to work and management has been so frustrated they just closed the places simply because there're not making any money anyway
Closed Thread

Tags
culvers-, closed, week, staff, pleasant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.