Darrell's 996 Bichara Blvd, Lady Lake, FL 32159

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2019, 07:17 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
Regardless of all the comments stating pro or con thoughts, there is NO excuse for the way in which the CUSTOMER was treated.
You can't say that because u don't know the other side of the story. I do because I spoke to the server and I can say after hearing both sides the sever acted in accordance to the way the customer treated him.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:32 PM

People watch?
Old 04-26-2019, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

i have never been seated at a Darrell’s, always told sit where I wanted.....at 3 different locations. Has their policy changed?
Old 04-26-2019, 08:12 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

My favorite breakfast place.. i always sit at the counter .. in a clean space
Old 04-27-2019, 02:06 AM
Cool So What's the REAL Story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
You can't say that because u don't know the other side of the story. I do because I spoke to the server and I can say after hearing both sides the sever acted in accordance to the way the customer treated him.

In case you didn't understand my previous comment, I reiterate . . . I responded to exactly what the OP said -- nothing more and nothing less. I had and have no knowledge of anything else.

Now -- were you there or is it hearsay on your part? Are you simply believing what the server said and is that "server" the manager? If the server you spoke to isn' the manager, it amazes me that server was able to stand there not attending to her customers' needs, while the entire episode took place.

It's a puzzlement, isn't it??!?
Old 04-27-2019, 05:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

In general most of us follow the rules.
And as in this case when one does not, it represents either an isolated case but for sure a minority representation of residents here.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
No, I wasn't there and you weren't either, but you seem to not believe the OP. Why not?

I can only respond to what I've read -- to what the OP posted.

If what the OP has posted is exactly what happened, the manager had no right to talk and treat the customer in the way which was described. To be spoken to and then ignored? Sorry. The manager should be fired. You don't speak to or treat customers that way.
I don't. Because anyone who is hanging on to anger long enough to carry it home, sit in front of a computer, log in, and type up a complaint is likely going to slant the story. Lots of stories tell the tale of "he was so rude to me", when really the story teller is trying to justify his emotions after not getting what he wanted.

In this case, the OP was told he would not get service at the table, but he wants us to believe that he is somehow entitled to service there. He chose to stay and got what he was told he would get.

So, I ask you - where did the rudeness actually lie?
Old 04-27-2019, 10:00 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I don't. Because anyone who is hanging on to anger long enough to carry it home, sit in front of a computer, log in, and type up a complaint is likely going to slant the story. Lots of stories tell the tale of "he was so rude to me", when really the story teller is trying to justify his emotions after not getting what he wanted.

In this case, the OP was told he would not get service at the table, but he wants us to believe that he is somehow entitled to service there. He chose to stay and got what he was told he would get.

Amen 😊
Old 04-27-2019, 11:15 PM
Question We'll Never Know

Quote:

I guess we will really never know who was ruder or who colored the story more or who did what and to whom. Whatever.

Regardless -- it sure has made for some interesing comments and opinions, hasn't it??!?
Old 04-28-2019, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:

Closed Thread

Tags
table, told, sat, friend, door

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.