Darrell's Diner on 441

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2017, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I'm just glad for those of you won't be back. More room for the rest of the world who doesn't find something to complain about everything.

Cheers.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

///
Old 10-31-2017, 09:58 AM

DD and Wolfy's have been our go to spots for the past couple of years. Nothing but great service and any time we had an issue they were happy to resolve. I am not one to measure satisfaction by portion size but that is just my better half and I.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:35 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

We haven’t tried Darrell’s on 441 but Darrell’s on 466A is okay the times we been there. Choice would be Bob Evans consistency over Darrell’s.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
I agree with Dr. Boogie 100%.
There is another thread somewhere regarding Darrell's.

When I went there the first (and only) time, I thought to myself, "What nerve calling this place a diner!"
Anyone who ever went to a real diner in the south Jersey or Philadelphia area knows what I mean.

Not only did I find the two-egg-anything small, but I swear they came out of a pullet, not a grown chicken.
The potatoes are obviously from frozen and looked and tasted like that.
The toast is the cheapest bread you can buy, regardless of the type; whole wheat, white -- they all taste the same.

Darrell's wins the prize for portion control.
No, we don't need gigundo portions, but one can at least get what one is paying for.

You can read a book, newspaper, etc. at McDonald's, too -- sit there as long as you like, and no one will bother you.
McDonalds? Really? I'm from PA and of course the diners there are different, just as they are in Chicago, San Diego and any place anyone is from that isn't from here. Getting what one pays for is a matter of personal expectations which is why there are competitive places to eat. I agree that if DD doesn't meet your expectations then you need to go find someplace that does. But to offer judgement on others expectations.well, wait, yeah NJ...never mind.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-31-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I've been to Wolfy's. It's Ok, nothing spectacular. About the same as IHOP and Perkins. I prefer Bob Evans.
BOB Evans gets most food shipped in and reheats. Verified by an employee
Old 10-31-2017, 12:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtorc View Post
BOB Evans gets most food shipped in and reheats. Verified by an employee
I would imagine all restaurants have most food shipped in....unless they are located on a farm or wharf.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:45 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

I do like SonRise Cafe.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

Had early lunch few weeks ago @Darrells at Pinellas Plaza...3 of us ordered hamburgers 2 of the others ordered pancakes here are the results.

The 3 Hamburger orders all were exactly alike yes the Hamburgers were all the same exact size 100%,Shape, and consistency.

The Pancakes ? Yes indeed each order, 3 Pancakes each all the same size, color, etc.

When we questioned how in the world can this possibly happen..we got a polite smile.

Needless to say we won't be back.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:07 PM
Platinum member

'whinge-o-rama'

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 10-31-2017, 03:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
want a great meal,go to Wolfy's!!!!! GREAT food,service and$$$$
You talkin about Wolfies in Miami? It's gone.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

I've always been satisfied with the service, price, and the portions at Darrell's. Its a comfort food place. They are always busy. I don't complain on Social Media about restaurants because if they are really that bad they go out of existence on heir own. If I'm not happy with my meal I call the manager over and talk to them. To me complaining on Social Media is a waste of time. It can also get you to end up in court. I know originally there were only a few Darrell's around but they seem to be popping up everywhere. Sometimes successful businesses over reach and then get into trouble. But I have not seen the food or service here on 441 go down hill from the day it opened.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

We've always liked going to DD; I say liked because the missus has us on a diet and the comfort food there is a no-no. The food has always been good and the right portions. As soon as we get to that desired weight, we'll reward ourselves with a shared meal from there.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Had early lunch few weeks ago @Darrells at Pinellas Plaza...3 of us ordered hamburgers 2 of the others ordered pancakes here are the results.

The 3 Hamburger orders all were exactly alike yes the Hamburgers were all the same exact size 100%,Shape, and consistency.

The Pancakes ? Yes indeed each order, 3 Pancakes each all the same size, color, etc.

When we questioned how in the world can this possibly happen..we got a polite smile.

Needless to say we won't be back.
Once again I'm confused on TOTV....you judge your food by it's size, shape, & color? What about quality, flavor, temperature and stuff like that? You never talked about that. And as far as consistency that you mentioned.... I like consistency in food.

If you change your mind and go back - tell them you want 3 burgers.... make one round , one square, and one a triangle.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
McDonalds? Really? I'm from PA and of course the diners there are different, just as they are in Chicago, San Diego and any place anyone is from that isn't from here. Getting what one pays for is a matter of personal expectations which is why there are competitive places to eat. I agree that if DD doesn't meet your expectations then you need to go find someplace that does. But to offer judgement on others expectations.well, wait, yeah NJ...never mind.
"McDonalds? Really?" What's that supposed to mean?
I said you can sit there as long as you want, etc., and mentioned nothing about their food.
That was in response to being able to sit, eat something and not be bothered about how long you sit there. Get it?

Most cities do not have diners; it's mostly a northeast thing.
So pray tell -- what is the difference in diners in Chicago or San Diego, since you brought it up???

I never had any expectation of what Darrell's food was going to be like, but went there thinking, "Ahhhh, a diner . . . ."
The truth of the matter is, regardless of what Darrell chooses to call his place, it is not a diner!

And by the way, I didn't offer judgement on anyone else's expectations.
Yeah, I agree. Never mind.

Tags
cheese, omelets, onions, blueberries, hot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.