Demshars Restaurant

Demshars Restaurant

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Demshars Restaurant
  #1  
Old 07-07-2019, 05:15 PM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,757
Thanks: 33
Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Default Demshars Restaurant

Can't believe it's our first time to make the scene at Demshars. Usually, the line is pretty long which is a good indication that it's good. Both of our meals were fantastic, the waitress was perfect, the Air Conditioning was exactly to Mrs. Nucky's liking. She had her North Face Gear ready.... just kidding. Couldn't have been better. The Boss Lady said they have been open for 2 1/2 years. Where does the time go?

We were going downstream to the Fin but got the George Costanza parking spot at Denshars. Like I said, Perfect.

This is Great Now we have Demshars at S.S. We have The Bluefin at Brownwood now we need a perfect spot at LSL. We've tried many of the restaurant's at LSL and don't have anything bad to say about any of them but can't wait to find the Perfect one there. Someone said there is one coming in near the Bookstore??? Can't wait, maybe that's the new hotspot. Are we lucky or what?
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 07-07-2019, 05:18 PM
BK001's Avatar
BK001 BK001 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bay Ridge Brooklyn, NY, The Village of Lynnhaven
Posts: 1,728
Thanks: 10
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default

So what did you and Mrs. N order at Demshars?
__________________
A great attitude is a choice, not a disposition
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 07-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,757
Thanks: 33
Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Lobster Bisque Soup, Shrimp, Crab Cakes, Paella as the Main Dish. Coffee was perfect. Cheese Cake for Mrs. & Bread Pudding for me, to die for it was great and I hadn't had it in years. I did see someone from the Weight Watchers Police looking thru the windows near Dunkin Donuts. Mrs. Nucky even had a Glass of Wine, I know Nussing about wine but I know it wasn't Boones Farm or Ripple or Champiple. Just great. I think the Kids will like it when they visit and plenty of Grandchildren were there so I guess our youngins are cool but bringing them, it would have to be early!

If the Boss said its good. That's that. She's tough. She loved it too.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-08-2019, 02:07 AM
Schaumburger's Avatar
Schaumburger Schaumburger is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Schaumburg, IL - Chicago suburb - TV Wannabee
Posts: 4,150
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Can't believe it's our first time to make the scene at Demshars. Usually, the line is pretty long which is a good indication that it's good. Both of our meals were fantastic, the waitress was perfect, the Air Conditioning was exactly to Mrs. Nucky's liking. She had her North Face Gear ready.... just kidding. Couldn't have been better. The Boss Lady said they have been open for 2 1/2 years. Where does the time go?

We were going downstream to the Fin but got the George Costanza parking spot at Denshars. Like I said, Perfect.

This is Great Now we have Demshars at S.S. We have The Bluefin at Brownwood now we need a perfect spot at LSL. We've tried many of the restaurant's at LSL and don't have anything bad to say about any of them but can't wait to find the Perfect one there. Someone said there is one coming in near the Bookstore??? Can't wait, maybe that's the new hotspot. Are we lucky or what?
Glad you liked Demshars! The Chop House at Lake Sumter is the new restaurant at Lake Sumter Landing, next to Barnes & Noble (Guy Fieri's American Kitchen used to be there). According to their Facebook page, the grand opening is set for Monday, July 22.
__________________
Born and raised in Dubuque, Iowa. Chicago 1979 to 1986. Northwest Suburbs of Chicago - Schaumburg since 1988.

Last edited by Schaumburger; 07-08-2019 at 02:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-08-2019, 08:50 AM
laryb's Avatar
laryb laryb is online now
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Buttonwood, formerly Dartmouth, Ma
Posts: 716
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We've been to Demshar's several times, and it has always been excellent. One of our favorite TV restaurants. Had one of the best steaks we've had down here. Anyone had the fish and chips on Fridays?
__________________
"I ain't as good as I once was,
But I'm as good once as I ever was!" Toby Keith
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-11-2019, 04:34 PM
valuemkt valuemkt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Posts: 278
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

ive had the friday fish several times.. found it moist and tasty .. The first piece is HUGE .. the second, if you;re still hungry, is half that size .. never tried thirds ..
Reply With Quote
Demshars
  #7  
Old 07-13-2019, 08:15 AM
erictarleton erictarleton is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Demshars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Lobster Bisque Soup, Shrimp, Crab Cakes, Paella as the Main Dish. Coffee was perfect. Cheese Cake for Mrs. & Bread Pudding for me, to die for it was great and I hadn't had it in years. I did see someone from the Weight Watchers Police looking thru the windows near Dunkin Donuts. Mrs. Nucky even had a Glass of Wine, I know Nussing about wine but I know it wasn't Boones Farm or Ripple or Champiple. Just great. I think the Kids will like it when they visit and plenty of Grandchildren were there so I guess our youngins are cool but bringing them, it would have to be early!

If the Boss said its good. That's that. She's tough. She loved it too.
Can't believe that anyone would recommend the paella. Went there last night and had lobster bisque which was great and paella which was awful! Rice was soggy and covered in some sort of tomato sauce! If you have ever had real paella you will be very disappointed!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-13-2019, 09:51 AM
ladylake1's Avatar
ladylake1 ladylake1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Santiago
Posts: 438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Demshars has been a favorite of mine since they opened. Chef Danny is always on the ball with a great meal. BTW, their house wine is Canyon Road. Not sold in any of the local spirit stores. It is good to have a real local restaurant owned by local people rather than some of the chains so prevalent. Their website has a calendar of all the special events they offer. the afternoon is also fun. I wish them continued success.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-13-2019, 10:38 AM
hoopsterdad hoopsterdad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

anyone tried the thursday schnitzel?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 8,757
Thanks: 33
Thanked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictarleton View Post
Can't believe that anyone would recommend the paella. Went there last night and had lobster bisque which was great and paella which was awful! Rice was soggy and covered in some sort of tomato sauce! If you have ever had real paella you will be very disappointed!
Hi erictarleton, sorry your experience wasn't the same as ours. We are qualified to make the call on that particular dish, trust me.

Maybe if you order that part of the meal in Portuguese it would make a difference. My wife did.

We both have places where we can't catch a break so I definitely believe you. Better luck next time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
perfect, demshars, wait, pray, lsl

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.