Denny's on 441 in TV

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
We had breakfast at Denny's this morning, which was good. When I went to pay with my debit card the lady told me it had been rejected and i had to use another card, which I then gave her another card which was fine. When I got home I checked my account and found out that they had lied to me and my debit card had cleared and was charged. I returned to Denny's and ask for a debit to my account which they would NOT give me. Now I have paid for my meal 2 times and they won't credit my account back for the one they said did not clear. I called the bank and they told me I had to get a credit from Denny's, which Denny's refuses to do. These people are crooks and are lying to people in order to charge two times for the same bill. I will never go back to Denny's and recommend people watch them and how they charge you.
That’s terrible, I would demand to speak with the manager, and show proof that you were charged2x
Old 02-28-2020, 08:29 AM
Sage

Chase offers an ATM card,
Old 02-28-2020, 08:41 AM

Call corporate..or go back to denny's with receipts of payment and talk to the manager.. dont be angry..stuff happens.. internet could've been interupted..
Old 02-28-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

My husband got cash on our Visa once by mistake. I didn't know this. Visa started charging interest on that $ from the moment he got the $. I kept seeing a .$50 interest charge on our bills every month and couldn't figure out why, because we always paid the balance. Finally I called Visa. It turns out the cash retrieved does not show up on the regular bill, and I was missing seeing it because I didn't know DH had done this.

So I had to overpay by guessing an amount on the next bill to cover the charge and interest. I would never retrieve cash from a cc. Debit card only. We probably only use $50-$100 cash a month here in the US, but overseas cash is required much more. I keep a close eye on the debit charges recorded by our bank. Been doing this for ten years with no problems. But we use cc whenever possible.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:08 AM

Have your debit card issuing bank change your account from debit to ATM only. Carrying a debit card is risking your entire account balance to crooks.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:14 AM
Default Denny’s reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
We had breakfast at Denny's this morning, which was good. When I went to pay with my debit card the lady told me it had been rejected and i had to use another card, which I then gave her another card which was fine. When I got home I checked my account and found out that they had lied to me and my debit card had cleared and was charged. I returned to Denny's and ask for a debit to my account which they would NOT give me. Now I have paid for my meal 2 times and they won't credit my account back for the one they said did not clear. I called the bank and they told me I had to get a credit from Denny's, which Denny's refuses to do. These people are crooks and are lying to people in order to charge two times for the same bill. I will never go back to Denny's and recommend people watch them and how they charge you.
Perhaps you should contact Denny’s corporate.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:26 AM

Call the credit card company for the second charge and cancel the charge. They should do it when you tell them your story and their refusal to credit the card.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasetti82 View Post
You usually need a Debit card to receive cash at the ATM or even at the Teller.
When I need money I get it at the grocery store when I check out.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,063 Times in 532 Posts

A word of advice to all of you. Go online to your bank, check the box to get a text every time you use your debit or credit card. That way you can immediately see if you have been charged the correct amount, and if someone else is using your card. NEVER ever use a debit card anywhere it will go out of your hands. That's debit card 101. I actually have a second credit card, with a low credit on it, just for restaurants and gas stations. That way, if someone gets it, I won't have to change everything online. Just use your debit card when you need cash, like at Publix when they ask if you want cash back, and at the bank. Never hand your debit card to anyone else.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,663 Times in 1,501 Posts

Sounds like a BBB report needs to be made. Perhaps also a police report for credit card fraud.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:02 AM

Tell Dennys you are using the debit card as a form of payment and will have the credit card company reject the second fraudulent charge. I assume you have a debit and credit within the same card or if you have two cards they are with the same credit card company. Mention the word fraud.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:18 AM

They did not give me a receipt for the debit card charge that they said did not go through, as they said it was rejected. I have a receipt for the credit card. I ask to speak to the manager, they would not come out of the back and the woman said the manager said they will not issue credits.

Then I called Citizens Bank here in the Villages and explained what had happened and they told me Denny's has to issue a credit because of it being a debit. I told them they would not issue a credit, Citizens Bank said they would call Denny's as it is their mistake they have to issue a credit. The person at Citizens Bank said he would take care of it and I sent them a copy of the credit card receipt and they have the record on my account were they charged it the same amount. We will see if Citizens Bank gets anywhere with them.

One thing that came to my mind was the woman did this so she could pocket the money from one of the charges. Normally I would not have checked my account but I was wondering why the bank had refused the charge, then I found they had not refused it but it had gone through.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,670 Times in 5,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligas View Post
Have your debit card issuing bank change your account from debit to ATM only. Carrying a debit card is risking your entire account balance to crooks.
BB&T won't do it.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:25 AM

You can dispute a charge made on a credit telling them that you were charged twice. You can call the credit card company and dispute it or do it on line
Old 02-28-2020, 10:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
My bank provides me with an ATM card & in this world what do you need cash for? You are literally p--ing thousands of $$ a year by paying cash-if you pay your credit car on auto pay nothing to work about--5% back for groceries, 3% back dining out , 1.65% on all other purchases and other variable cash back when using your car ,5% back for streaming & cell services --believe me cash in this day & age is dumb
Cash works great with local contractors. Just got a $100 discount off my paint job. Instant "cash back".
Closed Thread

Tags
dennys, card, account, people, debit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.