Denny's on 441 in TV

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2020, 11:05 AM

My debit and main cc are through SunTrust. When I use either card I receive a text (usually immediately) when a charge occurs. If you had this service you would’ve known immediately and you could’ve rectified it on the spot.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,616 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
They did not give me a receipt for the debit card charge that they said did not go through, as they said it was rejected. I have a receipt for the credit card. I ask to speak to the manager, they would not come out of the back and the woman said the manager said they will not issue credits.

Then I called Citizens Bank here in the Villages and explained what had happened and they told me Denny's has to issue a credit because of it being a debit. I told them they would not issue a credit, Citizens Bank said they would call Denny's as it is their mistake they have to issue a credit. The person at Citizens Bank said he would take care of it and I sent them a copy of the credit card receipt and they have the record on my account were they charged it the same amount. We will see if Citizens Bank gets anywhere with them.

One thing that came to my mind was the woman did this so she could pocket the money from one of the charges. Normally I would not have checked my account but I was wondering why the bank had refused the charge, then I found they had not refused it but it had gone through.
Your original post was not clear that the second card you used was a credit card. If it was a credit card, then you can just dispute the credit card charge with the bank, and they must immediately credit your account. That should solve your problem. There is no need to do anything about the debit card transaction.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
YEP!

In addition, because of all the scanners being found at gas pumps (even those that aren't low-lit, in the boonies)...I'll only use my CC to fill up.

excellent point~some cop on the news said if we have to pay for gas with a debit, put it through as credit & it prevents the scanner from reading the numbers. idk if thats true or not, but all it will ask you for is your zip code.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:37 AM

We also never ever use debit cards, put mostly everything on cc with good rewards, always pay the full balance every month so no interest charges, and use a backup cc for restaurants. Sometimes tip in cash, sometimes on cc, depends on situation. I always pay my hairdresser in cash which she greatly appreciates. Haven't used an ATM in years. This system has worked for us for many years.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 02-28-2020, 12:17 PM
theruizs

Probably goes without saying, but keep an eye on your accounts for while in case they try anything else. Like others have said, we only use our debit card for the ATM.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
True for a credit card, but not true for a debit card. Apparently, the OP used debit cards.
But if they used a debit card without a pin it’s the same as using a credit card and the bank will follow the rules as if it was a true credit card. At least that’s what Creditcards.com says. I know everything you read on the Internet isn’t necessarily true but I believe that is.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
We had breakfast at Denny's this morning, which was good. When I went to pay with my debit card the lady told me it had been rejected and i had to use another card, which I then gave her another card which was fine. When I got home I checked my account and found out that they had lied to me and my debit card had cleared and was charged. I returned to Denny's and ask for a debit to my account which they would NOT give me. Now I have paid for my meal 2 times and they won't credit my account back for the one they said did not clear. I called the bank and they told me I had to get a credit from Denny's, which Denny's refuses to do. These people are crooks and are lying to people in order to charge two times for the same bill. I will never go back to Denny's and recommend people watch them and how they charge you.
My thought is why anyone is using a debit card where the risks of losing your money making a transaction are against you. You can always dispute a credit card charge and have it removed, unlike the debit card.

If you use the right credit card, you get the extra time to actually pay for your purchase and also receive cash rebates.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:12 PM

Google corporate headquarters Write a letter telling them.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
We had breakfast at Denny's this morning, which was good. When I went to pay with my debit card the lady told me it had been rejected and i had to use another card, which I then gave her another card which was fine. When I got home I checked my account and found out that they had lied to me and my debit card had cleared and was charged. I returned to Denny's and ask for a debit to my account which they would NOT give me. Now I have paid for my meal 2 times and they won't credit my account back for the one they said did not clear. I called the bank and they told me I had to get a credit from Denny's, which Denny's refuses to do. These people are crooks and are lying to people in order to charge two times for the same bill. I will never go back to Denny's and recommend people watch them and how they charge you.
That is a great heads up. Thank you.
Kathe
Old 02-29-2020, 06:28 AM
Sage

We always have cash on hand just in case ,for emergencies if power goes down, etc., we have all our cc's, utilities, insurance and all other recurring payments on auto pay--no balances ever kept--another thing we do is we buy gas cards when ever we are traveling out of the area--we use a cc that gives use 5% cash back for gas + another gas card that gives us 5Cents off per gal--no chance of getting skimmed, which are very prevalent off of an interstate
Old 02-29-2020, 07:52 AM

Just call your creditcard company and dispute the charge as it is redundant.

I would never pay for anything with a debit card. Use cash or credit.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:09 AM

Call your credit card company. The number should be on the back of your card.
Closed Thread

Tags
dennys, card, account, people, debit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.