Dickey’s Barbque

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2019, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
It's a chain. Several have closed in Green Bay and Sheboygan, Wisconsin (where I live part-time).

I am not a fan of chain restaurants. Hard to compete with Oakwood around here...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Oakwood is a chain. Have you tried I Barbecue in Fruitland Park.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Oakwood is a chain. Have you tried I Barbecue in Fruitland Park.
I don't think of Oakwood as a chain. They have four locations and the new take out place.

I think it is the best ribs and sides ever. I love the lima beans, and slaw, and corn salad, and slow cooked green beans with ham and baked apples. The excellent servers have been there for years. We go to the one on 441/27 YUMMY!
Locations – OakWood Smokehouse & Grill

I know this is about the new Dickey's Barbecue place, but Y'all should try Oakwood. Half rib, falling off the bone tender and wonderful sauces. I like the Southern Sweet one.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't think of Oakwood as a chain. They have four locations and the new take out place.

I think it is the best ribs and sides ever. I love the lima beans, and slaw, and corn salad, and slow cooked green beans with ham and baked apples. The excellent servers have been there for years. We go to the one on 441/27 YUMMY!
Locations – OakWood Smokehouse & Grill

I know this is about the new Dickey's Barbecue place, but Y'all should try Oakwood. Half rib, falling off the bone tender and wonderful sauces. I like the Southern Sweet one.
Thanks Gracie, I'm gonna give this place a try next time in Leesburg.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
... Have you tried I Barbecue in Fruitland Park.
Bingo.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Default Ribs

Most tender ribs and brisket I ever had. M&M.44th&I-75 behind Macdonald’s. Better than oakwood.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benj View Post
Most tender ribs and brisket I ever had. M&M.44th&I-75 behind Macdonald’s. Better than oakwood.
Yeah M&M is great, but it's 10 miles away.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Sage

On rte 44 you're looking @ 10 t0 12 minutes--M&M Smokehouse is hands down the best barbecue in a 50 mile radius--don't count on dining, its a super take out place--Blows away Dickey's ,Sonny's, and the Oakwood--well worth the ride unreal barbecue--look at the reviews--feeds truckers off of I-75, must agree truckers know good barbecue and they flock to this place
Old 05-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
On rte 44 you're looking @ 10 t0 12 minutes--M&M Smokehouse is hands down the best barbecue in a 50 mile radius--don't count on dining, its a super take out place--Blows away Dickey's ,Sonny's, and the Oakwood--well worth the ride unreal barbecue--look at the reviews--feeds truckers off of I-75, must agree truckers know good barbecue and they flock to this place
Sure. I stopped there today for takeout, on the way back from Inverness. I just would not make the whole round trip.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Sure. I stopped there today for takeout, on the way back from Inverness. I just would not make the whole round trip.
Well, you could stop at Russell Stovers for dessert!
Old 05-17-2019, 03:03 PM
Sage

Got to M&M Old Hickory Smokehouse, today, brought back 2 rib dinners , with collard greens, beans & coleslaw--cost was $30.00--round trip from our house was 18 miles-IMHO--the best ribs we've had in the state of FL--not baby back-, St. Louis style fab
Old 05-17-2019, 05:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Today I drove 86 miles to shop container store, marshals, Best Buy, and joes. 10 miles is a drop in the bucket when I am up north. I am in a burb and closest grocery or gas is 8 miles one way. But I am still comfortable driving multiple miles. But that might be due to younger age, and a comfy car, that stops on its own, won’t let me change lanes if there is someone next to me and let’s me know I am parking too close to a pole. Besides if you aren’t out exploring, there is always sitting in front of the tv or just watching life go by. I am enjoying a chocolate cupcake and a really good almond sparkling wine from joes for my efforts today

Last edited by asianthree; 05-17-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
barbque, dickey’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.