Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2019, 09:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Dickey’s Barbque

Has anyone tried it yet?
Old 05-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Veteran member
Default Dickey's

Had the pulled pork sliders, which was actually chopped pork. Enjoyed it, but I've had better. Tasty Cole slaw. Overall, perhaps a little over-priced. Don't go there lunchtime. It's a small place and gets mobbed with people from the construction site, car dealership and medical offices.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:29 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Has anyone tried it yet?
It's a chain. Several have closed in Green Bay and Sheboygan, Wisconsin (where I live part-time).

I am not a fan of chain restaurants. Hard to compete with Oakwood around here...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Agree, it's ok, not great, not bad and works for a quick meal. Haven't tried their ribs which I will next time but I'm also a fan Oakwood. We also like Artman Country Smokehouse for Briskets and Pulled Pork.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-04-2019, 02:10 PM

What JoMar said above......
Old 05-04-2019, 02:48 PM
Platinum member

I tried them back home. One visit and I had to rename the potato salad "mustard pudding". Nuff said.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:11 PM
Veteran member

Tried Dickey’s. Good Ribs, Pulled pork and Brisket so far

Old 05-05-2019, 05:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
It's a chain. Several have closed in Green Bay and Sheboygan, Wisconsin (where I live part-time).

I am not a fan of chain restaurants. Hard to compete with Oakwood around here...

So what did you think about the meal you had at Dickey’s down here?
Old 05-05-2019, 07:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
So what did you think about the meal you had at Dickey’s down here?
I have no reason to go based on my previous experiences at Dickey's.

Chain restaurants are that way. The food tastes the same at each location. It's designed that way.

Like I said I am not a fan of chain restaurants...

Old 05-05-2019, 08:02 AM

I went to Dickey's recently. The place is very very small. You walk in and there were a few tables on each side very close together. That was it for the tables. The line to order goes in between the tables and out the door. They had a few tables set up outside. I thought maybe there was more seating in the back and when I asked was told no. Then the sides of sauce, utensils, napkins and drinks are literally right behind the chairs people are sitting in so it is very difficult to move around to get your drinks, etc. It was very hot outside and I did not want to sit outside but had no choice due the few seats inside that were occupied. When I lived in GA, there was a Dickey's and it had ample seating and the line was against the wall so you were not right on top of people sitting and eating their food. They were out of pork ribs, the ice tea container was empty and counter for getting condiments was messy. They were very busy. I felt bad for the owners who maybe are first time franchise owners? They were trying as hard as they could. My food was very good though. I think the owners will regret occupying such a small space. When the snowbirds come down and it gets even more busy, people will literally have no where to sit. Out of curiosity, I peeked in next door to Flippers (never been there yet) and they had ample seating, large and you weren't right on top of people when ordering your food. I actually saw people who walked into Dickey's, saw the chaos at the condiment counter and the line almost out the door and decided to go to Flippers instead.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

You may want to try Artman’s Smokehouse Rt 42 in the Mulberry Grove area. They are open limited days and hours.

6900 SE Highway 42
Summerfield

352-307-6240
Old 05-05-2019, 09:13 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Based on one visit, I think these owners are going to struggle.

The counter help yesterday didn't have a clue. The brisket was cut in a large, fatty slab WITH the grain. That makes for very tough brisket. They need to cut thin AGAINST the grain. I told the owner and while he offered a replacement, he seemed surprised when I told him how to slice. The meat didn't remotely look like the pictures on their menu. He was so pre-occupied playing with his baby on the patio. When we left, he said, "how was everything"? Didn't even remember our discussion from 10 minutes earlier. The mom was in and out numerous times to play with the baby.

They need to get a babysitter and focus on the restaurant.

The kid on the serving line looked like a thug with his caps on sideways. He was training a girl and both were deer in headlights.

A customer asked for a menu and the only adult on the line said "they are over by the register. Help yourself". Required the customer to snake through the line when he could have taken 2 steps and grabbed it for her.

I really hope they succeed because I have been in other Dickey's and they are not bad. Not great but definitely acceptable. I think these kids pushed all-in before they were ready.

We'll give them another shot in a few weeks to see if they make any progress.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:06 PM
Sage

Tried Dickey's, IMHO doesn't hold a candle when compared to M&M Smokehouse- rte 44 behind McDonalds @ I-75--FOOD WISE
Old 05-11-2019, 10:55 AM

Not great. The sauce is not good and the free ice cream even worse. I went the second day it was open and the line out the door was so bad that I left. I returned two weeks later, no line and few people.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Gold member

It's just a chain franchise restaurant. Don't expect much

Tags
barbque, dickey’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.