Dining In a Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2020, 12:54 PM
Default Dining In a Restaurant

Who tried it today? Where did you go? How long was the wait? How was the overall experience?
Old 05-04-2020, 01:45 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Might want to ask tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

ask again in 14 days
Old 05-04-2020, 02:32 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,084 Times in 367 Posts

Might be interesting to see comments from the startup. Walked by an out door eatery this AM and saw a ketchup bottle that looked to be 2/3 full. Not likely used only today. The first customers can clear out the month old condiments and supplies. Realize that these items may not require refrigeration but hopefully they start with a clean slate after a month.

Also, note that many people want to avoid money due to potential contamination. What about the little things, such as salt shakers, condiment bottles etc. on tables? Are these sanitized prior to next use.

I realize that at some time we must face reality, but my feeling is that when I see people riding bikes, and golf carts and even their own cars with face masks on, it will be a hard sell to get them into restaurants.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:51 PM

I'm sticking with takeout or delivery. I don't want to stand in line 4 times as long because they are only at 25% capacity. And for that fine dining indoors you'll get plastic utensils, disposable placemats, foam plates and a 22 year od server who will need to take her mask off because you can't hear her thru the muffled mask
Old 05-04-2020, 03:55 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

drove past the restaurant at Tierra Del Sol and they are slammed.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 05-04-2020, 04:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

Ok I will start went to Chop House for lunch, there are no condiments on table, including salt and pepper. Waitstaff wore gloves, and masks. Very happy to be there. Menus are paper, which was torn in half as he walked away. Drinks came quickly. Lunch was cooked properly, boxed up my own food.

No folder for check, just paper.

Tables inside where I was spaced more than 6 feet apart.

Only one other table with a couple at other end of room. Outside had 3 tables with couple at each. Tables more than 6 feet.

Beats the crap out of going to the grocery for safety
Old 05-04-2020, 05:20 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Ok I will start went to Chop House for lunch, there are no condiments on table, including salt and pepper. Waitstaff wore gloves, and masks. Very happy to be there. Menus are paper, which was torn in half as he walked away. Drinks came quickly. Lunch was cooked properly, boxed up my own food.

No folder for check, just paper.

Tables inside where I was spaced more than 6 feet apart.

Only one other table with a couple at other end of room. Outside had 3 tables with couple at each. Tables more than 6 feet.

Beats the crap out of going to the grocery for safety

Good experience day-one.............

Were there people waiting to get in and they were regulating......or just not much demand yet??
Old 05-04-2020, 05:47 PM
Veteran member

Keep those reports coming, folks! I'm soooo sick of cooking and cleaning up after. I'm ready to sit in a restaurant and be waited on! Plus, I want to support our local restaurants so they don't go out of business.

kathy
Old 05-04-2020, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Just took a ride around Lake Sumter Landing.
The establishments open that has outdoor seating was full.
Any establishments open that had an outside bar was packed.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Good experience day-one.............

Were there people waiting to get in and they were regulating......or just not much demand yet??
No one waiting while there or when I left. You have many that won’t come out of their house for months. As some have said you WILL get Covid if you go out, and give to everyone.

Then there are those if guidelines are in place, they will try to help boost the economy, because let’s face it 90% of TV doesn’t depend on a job to put food on their table.

So many have no healthcare, no job, no way to feed their children. Even Hospitals have laid off mass amounts of employees, leaving them with health insurance cost in the thousands per month.

Do I think I will die if I go out, NO, there are many issues that will kill me, but I am not in fear of playing golf, swimming, walking, running, or biking, or dining out. Everyone has to decide on what’s best for them. But no one should decide what others should do, or chastising them for it.

As I have said there are those who are disappointed our numbers were not higher, and if they do not climb after we start this new endeavor of phase one, will be even a greater disappointment that people didn’t add to the death toll.

Last edited by thelegges; 05-04-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:00 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I can't wait to go to restaurants again!! I may need a new dishwasher if I keep cooking at home...
Old 05-04-2020, 08:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
No one waiting while there or when I left. You have many that won’t come out of their house for months. As some have said you WILL get Covid if you go out, and give to everyone.

Then there are those if guidelines are in place, they will try to help boost the economy, because let’s face it 90% of TV doesn’t depend on a job to put food on their table.

So many have no healthcare, no job, no way to feed their children. Even Hospitals have laid off mass amounts of employees, leaving them with health insurance cost in the thousands per month.

Do I think I will die if I go out, NO, there are many issues that will kill me, but I am not in fear of playing golf, swimming, walking, running, or biking, or dining out. Everyone has to decide on what’s best for them. But no one should decide what others should do, or chastising them for it.

As I have said there are those who are disappointed our numbers were not higher, and if they do not climb after we start this new endeavor of phase one, will be even a greater disappointment that people didn’t add to the death toll.
Couldn't agree more
Old 05-05-2020, 01:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
You have said it before and it still comes off as extremely cynical and divisive. You actually believe some people would prefer that thousands die just to prove themselves right? Wow.

It seems to me that some individuals -- and countries -- operate under the Vulcan theory that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. They feel that a higher (but still relatively low, mind you) death rate is a tragic but necessary consequence in order to forestall an even more catastrophic economic collapse.

The other side believes that saving as many lives as possible should be the highest priority.

So here we sit. The smooth vs chunky peanut butter factions aren't going to change each other's minds, either.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Might be interesting to see comments from the startup. Walked by an out door eatery this AM and saw a ketchup bottle that looked to be 2/3 full. Not likely used only today. The first customers can clear out the month old condiments and supplies. Realize that these items may not require refrigeration but hopefully they start with a clean slate after a month.

Also, note that many people want to avoid money due to potential contamination. What about the little things, such as salt shakers, condiment bottles etc. on tables? Are these sanitized prior to next use.

I realize that at some time we must face reality, but my feeling is that when I see people riding bikes, and golf carts and even their own cars with face masks on, it will be a hard sell to get them into restaurants.
Good! Those people are for the most part paranoid idiots. You don't want to be sitting near them when they finally blow their tops.
Closed Thread

Tags
dining, wait, long, today, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.