Dining In a Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2020, 05:04 AM
Default George Hibbs

Went to Darrell’s in Spanish Springs, wait time about 5 minutes, had to clean everything at the table after guests left. It was great to have something opened
Old 05-05-2020, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
Who tried it today? Where did you go? How long was the wait? How was the overall experience?
My wife and I along with my sister and brother in law and their friend went to the Chop House. We chose outdoor seating. We went there at about 4:30 and were seated immediately, All employees were wearing masks and gloves. I must say, that I felt sorry for them since it was very warm outside. The tables were all spaced appropriately for the current conditions. The food was excellent as usual. Inside there were also customers and they too were spaced appropriately. The entire experience was great and I look forward to returning again soon.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:35 AM

We are open at Too jays in Sumter. We had no wait yesterday. We have a designated cleaning captain. We are using new condiments but packets for salt and pepper and condiments in disposable containers. We are also masked for your protection. We have indoor and out door seating and take out seating outside. We are open 11-7
Old 05-05-2020, 05:52 AM

We ate at Havana last night with a 7:15 reservations. Ate outside and observed that all recommended guidelines were being met. Service and food was excellent. Glad to leave a 40% tip.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

I appreciate the comments, but the precautions seem like a shot in the dark. If you knew your server or the bartender had the Coronavirus, would you still eat there?
Old 05-05-2020, 06:25 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages

Three things we still need to do:
1. Wash hands frequently, maybe even ridiculously
2. Continue social distancing
3. Wear masks when indoors - I do not wear them when I am outside. But indoors is a must.

The health experts are worried about a huge spike in cases, because some states are relaxing their regulations. So everyone should be doing these three things. I am not ready to eat indoors, I don't know about outdoors either. Will continue to get takeout or curbside, which might have some risks, sure. But I will follow those three principles at all times.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:25 AM
Veteran member
Default restaurants

Quote:
Who tried it today? Where did you go? How long was the wait? How was the overall experience?
Went to Panera Bread in SS. No wait. Food was good. Indoor and outdoor seating with distance. Drove around and saw that Outback, Carrabus, Longhorn, Bonefish and many other small restaurants were open for indoor seating. Not sure about Olive Garden. Cracker Barrel is open only for take out at this time.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I appreciate the comments, but the precautions seem like a shot in the dark. If you knew your server or the bartender had the Coronavirus, would you still eat there?
If I knew I was going to have an MI tomorrow, what would I do today. Since I have no idea, what tomorrow brings, I am ok with my decision.
I may not see my family for months because they are working in Covid units. Would they love to walk in a restaurant here be normal, yes. But that’s not what their life allows them to do, today
Old 05-05-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote..........

Everyone has to decide on what’s best for them. But no one should decide what others should do, or chastising them for it.

As I have said there are those who are disappointed our numbers were not higher, and if they do not climb after we start this new endeavor of phase one, will be even a greater disappointment that people didn’t add to the death toll.

End Quote.......

So no one should chastise you for going out, but it’s ok to chastise those who chose not to, and think it’s ok to believe they are disappointed that more people have not lost their lives 😳.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:02 AM

Most restaurants are temperature checking all staff upon arrival
Old 05-05-2020, 07:10 AM

We went to Perkins it was great. The staff were so happy to see people come in and eat, they would have given us a hug if they could. We felt safe all the staff wore masks, our server put a new pair of gloves on before she took our order. There wasnt anyone close to us eating with the 25 percent capacity. Our waitress has been off work since this virus started, and she hasn't received her unemployment or government check yet.
The staff kept thanking us while we were leaving it was great.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:11 AM

Went to Beef O'Brady's in Mulberry. Got right in. They had 3 booths and 2 tables open. Had their Monday special, burger for $5.99. Was good. No problems. They brought out ketchup and mustard with your meal. All employees were in masks and gloves.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:12 AM
Default Dining out on first day phase one

Quote:
I went to the lighthouse and it was good I didn’t mind sitting in the sun so I was seated immediately. The food was great and the overall experience was great. So nice to get out of the house.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:15 AM

Glenview outdoor lunch was both delightful and delicious.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:16 AM
Location: Carmel, CA, Minneapolis, Garden City, NY, Hinsdale,IL, Chatham, Il, Duval, Tamarind Grove

Enjoyed the Lighthouse yesterday. A most pleasant meal. Not crowded at 3:30 pm.
Outside on the lake was delightful. Ambience and food so nice after the long shutdown. Jim and Bev 😎😍
Closed Thread

Tags
dining, wait, long, today, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.