Dinner at Prima Italian Steakhouse last night

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2022, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
The fake vests are all over the internet. I owned a dog business and 2 of my trainers trained service dogs. It takes over a year to train them properly. One of trainers did have a disability and had trained a service dog to help her. The dog never ever wore a vest. I have flown with legitimate service ogs on the plane. They never wear vests.
Vests, fake or real are not the problem. True service animals should, imho, have a way to be identified and have proof that they aren't phonies, like most seem to be. There seems to be no way to know if someone is in need of help or is just running the "I want my doggie" scam. Laws should require proof of training, type of service and the ability or requirement to provide proof on request by an establishment so that the scammers can't expose those with "anti-animal" problems (weakened immune systems, allergies, anxiety, ) to fake service pets.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:20 PM
Default Suleiman restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
My wife and I and another couple made reservations for 4 last night at 6:30pm. The restaurant was crowded, but our reservation was honored on time. I did not like the table they had for us, but instead of making excuses, one of the Suleiman Family members who runs the restaurant overheard and immediately showed us another table that was great.

The Suleiman Family , who own several restaurants in TV, certainly know their business. The entire staff was efficient and friendly. I recognized a few staff from other restaurants and they come over and greeted us and made us feel very welcomed. Our wait staff was great- friendly, knowledgeable and happy to be there.

The menu is terrific. There are so many good choices and the ones I saw looked delicious.. The four of us ordered different dishes and everyone enjoyed their food.

We have not gone out to eat as much as we used to, and usually bring home food from one of the TV restaurants. When we do go out, we want a good experience. Last night was great!

I am not a food critic. This review is only written because there are so many negative reviews about restaurants that I thought it would be nice to hear a positive, when deserved.

We have not had a bad experience at any of the Suleiman run restaurants. They are well run and the food, from our experience is always consistent.
Agree
Old 08-03-2022, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Vests, fake or real are not the problem. True service animals should, imho, have a way to be identified and have proof that they aren't phonies, like most seem to be. There seems to be no way to know if someone is in need of help or is just running the "I want my doggie" scam. Laws should require proof of training, type of service and the ability or requirement to provide proof on request by an establishment so that the scammers can't expose those with "anti-animal" problems (weakened immune systems, allergies, anxiety, ) to fake service pets.
I agree, but the problem is the Federal disability law. Write your Congressperson.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Always some guy that thinks he's a Keller or a Voltaggio.
As someone who’s eaten at French Laundry, Per Se and Ink. I can personally say, The Villages restaurants do not meet the needs of my taste buds.

I use the word mediocrity a lot here. Having said that, I appreciate the positive review and will happily check out the place. I’m excited for the Jersey Mikes sub shop coming south of 44 personally.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
As someone who’s eaten at French Laundry, Per Se and Ink. I can personally say, The Villages restaurants do not meet the needs of my taste buds.

I use the word mediocrity a lot here. Having said that, I appreciate the positive review and will happily check out the place. I’m excited for the Jersey Mikes sub shop coming south of 44 personally.
I am from Jersey and IMO Publix subs are for superior to Jersy Mikes.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I don’t disagree. I love Publix bread. There’s something about those diced onions though….lol or could be that it’s something new south of 44. We’re very limited down here.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don’t disagree. I love Publix bread. There’s something about those diced onions though….lol or could be that it’s something new south of 44. We’re very limited down here.
I dfon't order onions. I slice red onion at home and place on the sandwich. I think Boars Head meat and cheese are better quality then Mikes meat and cheese.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
New Publix across from Everglades Rec Ctr has long Sub line. They have ready to warm home-made dishes that are great! Join the Tri-County Optimists, 1st Thurs 7-8:30PM; then visit Publix.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:

A guy whose taste buds finds the restaurants in villages don’t meet his needs, but is looking forward to a new Jersey mikes south of 44, is a very funny guy, it just has to be a joke.he couldn’t be serious??
Old 11-09-2022, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
While I will disagree with your review, I will say that the reason there are more negative reviews is due to the younger crowd moving in, and this is a fact, they still have tastebuds that fully work. Remember the older you get the less you taste which is why at a certain point in life the elderly eat a lot of sweets because it's all that is left they can taste.

With that said, I am anticipating the restaurants will have to get better to survive with the younger crowd moving in. The standard level of drab needs to elevate itself.

Sorry but that's my culinary viewpoint on this area in and out of the "bubble"
I’m in Prima, Blue Fin and Harvest quite regular and quite a few of the people in there are younger and from the new section , and sweets that’s all us older people eat , hmmm I’m 83 5ft.6 135 rarely do I eat sweets and most of my friends are the same way ,maybe because we don’t have much time for sweets when we are 2 busy going to gym , biking and shopping for new clothes to wear to all the so called mediocre places in the villages , Ocala and Orlando
Old 11-09-2022, 05:10 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
TRUE Service dogs are required to wear a vest while in service/on duty. The minute the vest is off it becomes a pet…this information is from a person that trains Service animals.

Do service animals always wear vests?

No, according to the ADA your Service Dog is not required to be outfitted with a vest or any type of identifying gear.

Do Service Dogs Have To Wear Vests
Old 11-09-2022, 05:17 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I’m in Prima, Blue Fin and Harvest quite regular and quite a few of the people in there are younger and from the new section , and sweets that’s all us older people eat , hmmm I’m 83 5ft.6 135 rarely do I eat sweets and most of my friends are the same way ,maybe because we don’t have much time for sweets when we are 2 busy going to gym , biking and shopping for new clothes to wear to all the so called mediocre places in the villages , Ocala and Orlando
Old 11-10-2022, 09:50 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I love the Suileman Restaurants because they really know what they are doing in terms of running a restaurant. For those of us who have been around for awhile, the intention they had when they took over Lopez, was to provide a high dining experience in The Villages. They spent around a million dollars renovating the place and were closed over 6 months while they did that. They kept everybody employed by overstaffing their other restaurants for the entire time. Then, they opened and the uproar that followed by Villages was baffling but certainly should have been predicted. The uproar was because they dared to put a 42 dollar steak dinner on the menu. was So, they had to "dumb down" their menu to get customers and make it the same as everybody else. Villagers want cheap food with big portions and if you can provide that, with no regard to quality, you will get top reviews.

I also would not throw Orlando or Ocala in the mix of having mediocre restaurants. I am not as familiar with the dining options in Orlando as I am Ocala but I have been to several very good restaurants there, In Ocala, for fine dining options with great food go to La Cuisine, Mark's Prime, Morevino's, Katya, The Braised Onion or Stirrup's at the new World Equestrian Center to name some of them. None of them are cheap nor do they give portions big enough for 2 meals but if you are looking for fine dining it is a short drive away.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:

Our sense of taste changes or diminishes with time, women begins about age 40 and men age 50. Our tastebuds begin to shrink, atrophy and some disappear. Our sense of smell becomes less acute also which also allows for this loss of taste.

Just sayin…. There ain’t no accountin for taste.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I love the Suileman Restaurants because they really know what they are doing in terms of running a restaurant. For those of us who have been around for awhile, the intention they had when they took over Lopez, was to provide a high dining experience in The Villages. They spent around a million dollars renovating the place and were closed over 6 months while they did that. They kept everybody employed by overstaffing their other restaurants for the entire time. Then, they opened and the uproar that followed by Villages was baffling but certainly should have been predicted. The uproar was because they dared to put a 42 dollar steak dinner on the menu. was So, they had to "dumb down" their menu to get customers and make it the same as everybody else. Villagers want cheap food with big portions and if you can provide that, with no regard to quality, you will get top reviews.

I also would not throw Orlando or Ocala in the mix of having mediocre restaurants. I am not as familiar with the dining options in Orlando as I am Ocala but I have been to several very good restaurants there, In Ocala, for fine dining options with great food go to La Cuisine, Mark's Prime, Morevino's, Katya, The Braised Onion or Stirrup's at the new World Equestrian Center to name some of them. None of them are cheap nor do they give portions big enough for 2 meals but if you are looking for fine dining it is a short drive away.
The only fine dinng is Angler's over Red Sauce. The food and service were excellent. To dine tere you must be a member or a guest of a member.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, food, night, staff, suleiman

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.