Disappointed at Bonifay

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Disappointed at Bonifay

I was told that Bonifay had the best breakfast buffet in The Villages. You couldn't tell my my visit there this morning.

Service was typical Villages slow and the food was mediocre at best.

We went to get in line and there were two guys who told us to go ahead because they were waiting for pancakes? Really? Waiting for pancakes? I would think that a place that is supposed to be one of the better restaurants would take measures to ensure that the trays are always full. So we went ahead and I noticed that they had what looked like powered scrambled eggs. Again, this is supposed to be a top shelf place. When I got to the bacon there were three people waiting for bacon. It came out right after I arrived so I let the three people go ahead. The bacon was basically one big lump with all of the pieces stuck together.
I went back later and got pancakes. They were about 1/32 of an inch thick and about three inches around. I piled four of them on top of each other to make a real pancake.
I also got an omelette and I am amazed at how many places don't know how to make omelettes. It was the typical over cooked liquid eggs with all of the fillings just mixed in. That is not an omelette. It was not very good.
Hacienda Hills is much better. They have a carving station and all of the food was better.
The only good thing about Bonifay was the price which I was surprised to find was only $8.99 each. They do charge $2.25 for some hot water and one tea bag which I find absolutely ludicrous. But they all do the same thing. They have to make it up somewhere.
Anyroad, we won't be going back.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:08 AM

could never figure out why they charge you for coffee or tea…isn't that included in the buffet price???? sort of a rip off hu ??? bonifay has changed a lot….don't know what happen…but not the same….ever since they did the customer rewards card…things have gone down hill…. now they cancelled the card….guess it didn't work out so well of them...
Old 05-13-2016, 06:25 AM

We've never been to breakfast there but go there quite often after 5pm. We eat at the bar and receive great service and food. We also have the loyalty card and love it, for the savings.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:02 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Never been to Bonifay CC. Hacienda has the best breakfast buffet with Orange Blossom running a close second.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:18 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

TOP SHELF????? In The Villages????? Any restaurant?????
Old 05-13-2016, 01:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I was told that Bonifay had the best breakfast buffet in The Villages....
That's an old joke....somebody was just pulling your leg. If you are going to serve breakfast, you have to be committed. It's not the throw away meal most places treat it as. For the most part, I think you need to go outside the bubble for breakfast.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Never been to Bonifay CC. Hacienda has the best breakfast buffet with Orange Blossom running a close second.
What's the price at Haci??
Old 05-13-2016, 03:50 PM
Post Cane Garden - The Best

Cane Garden beats them all for daily breakfast. Sit down. Order from excellent menu with specials.

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 05-13-2016, 05:46 PM

Best by far, Evans Prairie. Cooked to order eggs and omlettes. Belgium waffles. Fresh fruit and great service!! $7.99. Less with coupon
Old 05-13-2016, 06:32 PM
Sage

We did Bonifay 3 times and didn't like the breakfast buffet.(2 years ago) Evans Prairie seemed much better.
Our number 1 place for breakfast in TV is Sunrise Cafe. We have breakfast out about 4 times a week since it is our favorite meal and the Cafe is the best for friendly servers, food, and prices.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
That's an old joke....somebody was just pulling your leg. If you are going to serve breakfast, you have to be committed. It's not the throw away meal most places treat it as. For the most part, I think you need to go outside the bubble for breakfast.
Specifically, where would you recommend for breakfast?
Old 05-14-2016, 08:42 AM

I agree with Shimpy. Sunrise is the place to go if you want to stay in the villages, good food and excellent service.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbill70 View Post
I agree with Shimpy. Sunrise is the place to go if you want to stay in the villages, good food and excellent service.
Where is this restaurant.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Specifically, where would you recommend for breakfast?
Rae Rae's
Old 05-14-2016, 11:21 AM
Sage

Cane Garden
Closed Thread

Tags
bonifay, ahead, bacon, pancakes, waiting, make, top, supposed, told, place, people, eggs, thing, good, find, back, omelette, typical, villages, food, liquid, real, cooked, fillings, places

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.