Disappointed with Metro Diner

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2018, 10:36 AM
Default Disappointed with Metro Diner

Let’s Talk about poor kitchen management, I am not one to complain but when you need to send 2 milks and orange juice back for the same problem which was something floating in the glass, From not being properly cleaned or silverware that looks unclean. Asking for a spoon for your coffee and being told they may not have one available due to being very busy.
it was Sunday morning and I understand things happen when your dealing with a packed dining room, I owned and operated a restaurant but cleanliness of utensils plates or glasses should never be an issue it makes me wonder what was the plate like before they put my breakfast on it. So shame on the kitchen manager for not overseeing what’s leaving the kitchen. Normally I wouldn’t post a comment but dirty silverware and a floater on my last 2 visits I just felt I had to share this.

Last edited by Kerry Azz; 01-01-2018 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We ate there once about a month ago in the afternoon. The place was packed and with the design of the room, sound was captured and amplified to the level that would be right up there with any high school cafeteria. A headache is guaranteed with every meal. My wife and I agreed we would never go back. Also, the beef stew I had wasn't as good as Bob Evans Beef Stew, it just wasn't a pleasant experience unless you like watching people run around while you eat.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

My wife and I and another couple had early dinner there about a month ago, must have been a different Metro Diner on 466 near 301, because we had great meals, great service, and no complaints from anyone in the party. I hope the OP spoke to the manager about the problems that day.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

We ate lunch 3 times, 2 times very busy, but waite staff busy, but hustled. Food was what a chain restaurant should be. Third time, not busy, fried chicken sandwich was soggy and breakfast sandwich looked nuked, unlike last visit which was very good. Mentioned to waitress sandwiches not eatable. She acted annoyed and said that’s they way they are served. So fried chicken isn’t crispy? no she said sometimes when busy have to microwave it. Yuck.

Yes asked for manager. She had a loud conversation with him that we could hear across the room ( that’s not easy considering the volume of noise). Manager said waitress was correct that was how their fried chicken was, might want to order something else. Will try again in April when bugs are worked out.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Normally I wouldn’t post a comment but dirty silverware and a floater on my last 2 visits, I just felt I had to share this.
We haven't visited the Metro Diner yet, and we're in no hurry to eat there.
We base this on the above post, and the post about noise levels.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
My wife and I and another couple had early dinner there about a month ago, must have been a different Metro Diner on 466 near 301, because we had great meals, great service, and no complaints from anyone in the party. I hope the OP spoke to the manager about the problems that day.
Took six people to Metro today. Our first. Food good , wait service , very good; noise level about normal for diners. Will definitely go back.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:35 PM

We were there for breakfast early a week ago. We went back 2 days ago for breakfast not so early and again, the food was good, utensils were clean, noise level ok. I have heard about lunch and dinner being iffy but breakfast they are doing a good job.

Jean
Old 01-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Gold member

I've been there around 5 times for breakfast and usually order the hamburger steak with eggs and potatoes. The eggs were always over easy and the hamburger steak was always medium rare. Much consistency over all those visits. Never noticed any dirty silverware. One of my favorite breakfast places.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 01-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

No problems when we went either. 7 of us seated quickly even pulled the tables together so we could all chat bduring and afterwards. Food was very good had enough left over to bring some home. We'll be back also !
Old 01-01-2018, 07:36 PM

Went for the first time just before Christmas. Dinner was good, table & utensils clean, and server was a bit harried but very polite and nice. Will surely go back !
Old 01-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

Here is a slightly different take: being part of a group of five couples we were told that it would take a while to seat the 10 of us together, but immediate seating if we sat 5 and 5. So the 5 women were seated in one spot and we 5 men were seated in another part of the restaurant. None of the women liked their food and all five of us men were very satisfied. We decided it was simply the "luck of the draw". I really liked the place. In order to be fair, to both you as well as the restaurant, you must try anyplace at least 3 or 4 times.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:01 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Went several times. Not gourmet food. But will go back.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Gold member

We love it. If people don’t that’s OK. It will make the wait time less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
We love it. If people don’t that’s OK. It will make the wait time less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Glad to see that someone enjoys this very mediocre restaurant. Won't find me in the wait line ahead of you!
Old 01-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Gold member

Most eateries in TV are mediocre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
kitchen, silverware, issue, dirty, makes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.