Disappointed with Piezanos

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2022, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
First of all, we've eaten there several times and have mostly been very happy with the food and service. I've never been a big fan of their pizza, it never has enough sauce on it. But I do like many of their other dishes.

Today, my wife was out and asked if she wanted me to pick up pizza and would I call it in. I went on the website to order online.

First of all, when you click on "Order Online" you're sent to a page with three different delivery services. I clicked on each of them and saw that Door Dash was the only one where you could select "pickup" so I went with that.

I selected a pickup time of 4:40. When my wife arrived at 4:40 they couldn't find our order. She called me and I went back into their site and it was very difficult to go back and look at my order. Finally after going back and forth with her and the website and the employee she suggested that the order was lost and that I order again. Just as that happened I found the page that confirmed the order. It turns out that Door Dash orders are kept in a separate area.

I ordered a pizza for my wife with anchovies and pineapple and one for me with mushroom. I also asked for extra sauce on both.

When she arrived home with the cold pizza hers was fine but mine did not have mushrooms. There was no extra sauce but my wonderful wife asked them for some extra sauce on the side which they provided.

Rather that drive all the way back up, I just decided to eat what I had. No mushrooms, no big deal.

But then came worst part. The pizza was terrible. It was tasteless and was like trying to chew rubber. It may have been the worst pizza I've ever had.

Piezanos is always extremely busy and I think that because they are really the only game in town in this area. If another pizza place opens up they could be in trouble.

I will not get pizza again from Piezanos. Like I said I think that some of their Italian specialties are pretty good. Nothing special but good enough. I'll stick with those from now on.
I’m not a big fan of their pizza but I’ll have 2 pies please😂😂😂
Old 03-13-2022, 06:05 AM

Gave up on them months ago. Their take out location is too small, slow and way, way, way over crowded. It is upsetting even thinking of going there. So we invoke our right to avoid the place like the plague.

Quote:
First of all, we've eaten there several times and have mostly been very happy with the food and service. I've never been a big fan of their pizza, it never has enough sauce on it. But I do like many of their other dishes.

Today, my wife was out and asked if she wanted me to pick up pizza and would I call it in. I went on the website to order online.

First of all, when you click on "Order Online" you're sent to a page with three different delivery services. I clicked on each of them and saw that Door Dash was the only one where you could select "pickup" so I went with that.

I selected a pickup time of 4:40. When my wife arrived at 4:40 they couldn't find our order. She called me and I went back into their site and it was very difficult to go back and look at my order. Finally after going back and forth with her and the website and the employee she suggested that the order was lost and that I order again. Just as that happened I found the page that confirmed the order. It turns out that Door Dash orders are kept in a separate area.

I ordered a pizza for my wife with anchovies and pineapple and one for me with mushroom. I also asked for extra sauce on both.

When she arrived home with the cold pizza hers was fine but mine did not have mushrooms. There was no extra sauce but my wonderful wife asked them for some extra sauce on the side which they provided.

Rather that drive all the way back up, I just decided to eat what I had. No mushrooms, no big deal.

But then came worst part. The pizza was terrible. It was tasteless and was like trying to chew rubber. It may have been the worst pizza I've ever had.

Piezanos is always extremely busy and I think that because they are really the only game in town in this area. If another pizza place opens up they could be in trouble.

I will not get pizza again from Piezanos. Like I said I think that some of their Italian specialties are pretty good. Nothing special but good enough. I'll stick with those from now on.
Old 03-13-2022, 06:08 AM

Currently in NYC and ordered a full square last night from the local pizza shop omg the thing weighed like 5 pounds half mushroom/sausage the other half peppers/onions…..delicious
Old 03-13-2022, 06:14 AM
Veteran member

There pizza is still the best by far. NYPD, Aldi frozen, Roberto’s and the list goes on are plain bad.
Old 03-13-2022, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
I wish we had a Papa Murphy's here. Mt Dora is a long way from my house. I don't have any experience with frozen pizzas. Does anyone have recommendations?
We found ALDI has some good take and bake pizzas and a price of $5-$6. Can’t beat it.
Old 03-13-2022, 06:38 AM
Veteran member
Default Piezanos

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's to crowded." Yogi Berra
Old 03-13-2022, 06:42 AM

It always amazes me when an author says "I'll never eat there again" based on one bad experience. Good grief...servers, cooks, managers...they're all human and humans make errors. I'd be more interested in did the author call and speak with the manager? All of the hub bub about having issues even creating the order could have been avoided if the author had called the order directly to Piesano's. Sometimes we create our own difficulties. IMHO, Piesano's is good food, and over lots of times eating there we've always been happy with their product. But what is considered good pizza is very individual and one person's like isn't universal.
Old 03-13-2022, 06:54 AM

Last time we ordered from them my Calzone was burnt, BUT I called and they made good on it. WE WILL WAIT TO ORDER AGAIN UNTIL SEASONAL PEOPLE LEAVE.
Old 03-13-2022, 06:56 AM
Default Marco’s Pizza has the best pizza and delivery

Quote:

Marco’s Pizza on 466a has the best pizza and their delivery is awesome. Always arrives hot. The pizza is delicious. You can even track the delivery from the time you submit the order until it arrives at your home. They have their own drivers too. You might want to give them a try next time.
Old 03-13-2022, 06:58 AM

Marcos (next to Lowes on 466A) is the best we’ve had around here. Very reasonably priced as well. Excellent thin and regular crust options. Sign up for their emails to get notified of specials. A large 2-topping pizza for $8.99? Yes, please!
Old 03-13-2022, 07:09 AM

Regarding Aldi: if you don’t want to go out, we found both the Take-n-Bake and the frozen thin crust to be decent….get the plain cheese and doctor it yourself with your chosen toppings. You will have to go into the room with the sink and turn on that black thing that gets hot to enjoy your pizza. 😃
Old 03-13-2022, 07:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-2-56 View Post
My wife and I recently tried two different frozen Pizzas that we got from the frozen food section at Publix.
They were both very good but we both leaned toward the more traditional pizza from Newman. The California pizza was fine but it relied very heavily on a spice mixture as opposed to the flavor of the ingredients.
Both crust were also good, flavor was good, they were thin and not doughy though the Newman won this area as well because it was just a little more crispy, though this could have been from a 25 degree hotter oven (their instructions, not ours).
We have both had better pizza back home, but these were ok. They really are worth a try.
Could be your oven is not cooking as hot as it says. Ever put a thermometer in there to check it?
Old 03-13-2022, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNXGuy View Post
We should all be so lucky to have these first world problems
Is this the new thing now? Because there is a war 1/2 way across the world we aren’t allowed to discuss local issues, especially those far less important than war? I notice whenever gas prices and inflation are discussed, the usual suspects come out with a post similar to the above. The corporate media talking points appear to be working well, we are only allowed to discuss (insert current crisis here).
Old 03-13-2022, 07:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Average like most places here
Old 03-13-2022, 07:19 AM

Love Piesanos. Never had a bad meal, or experience. We go there once a week.

Tags
pizza, order, wife, sauce, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.