Disappointed with service and meal at Kattie Bells last Wednesday

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2019, 11:25 PM
Default Disappointed with service and meal at Kattie Bells last Wednesday

Our neighborhood group of 20 went to dinner last Wednesday. Our reservation was at 5:30. Our waitress’s were a mother daughter team. The mother was more interested in being a comedian than getting our dinner orders and drinks correct and timely. She was a braggart who claimed to has received 100% tips for her service.We ordered our meals and they were delivered in reverse order. Our meal arrived Lukewarm after 1:30 hours. My fish was mushy and not properly cooked. We spoke to the manager and she was unconcerned . She thought our wait time was normal. We will never again grace our presence to Kattie Bell’s. My tip to the waitress reflected my appreciation 🤬
Old 02-27-2019, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,652 Times in 959 Posts

I'm no expert from the service side of the equation, but I can tell you that as a consumer, going into a restaurant with 20 folks, ordering off the menu, has never worked out well for me.

Hitting the kitchen with 20 orders all at once that are supposed to be delivered at the same time, all at the appropriate temperatures and level of doneness is a recipe for disaster. Fish is especially time sensitive...5 minutes may be undercooked, 7 minutes may be dry...and trying to get that all to the table from the grill....with 19 other orders? Good luck with that.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Not to mention having to be lucky enough to dine in the area beside a group of 20, all trying to talk to one another and having to shout. No thanks.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,583 Times in 5,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Not to mention having to be lucky enough to dine in the area beside a group of 20, all trying to talk to one another and having to shout. No thanks.
I agree. I especially hate it when you are already seated, and a large group shows up and the wait staff starts moving tables together to accomodate them. Restaurants should never do that.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:07 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Default Katie bells

You are not getting much symphony. I had one of the best prime rib dinners ever a few weeks ago at Katie Bells. Perhaps you should try again with a smaller group. Stiffing the wait staff because you had to wait for your food is not acceptable. Like the previous poster said it is much harder for the kitchen to get 20 meals out in a timely manner.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:29 AM
Gold member

Had a similar experience last week as well. Just the 2 of us, absent waitress for most of the evening and complaint to the "manager" fell on deaf ears and a "there's nothing I can about it attitude". Will not be back anytime soon.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 02-27-2019, 09:33 AM

Never had a problem before w/20 +/- at any other places. We've eaten there plenty of times w/no problems. But apparently that night 20 people at once was something they couldn't manage. Bad enough the food and service was very poor and disappointing, but the mother seemed to have an attitude, and the manager was even worse. Shame on Kattie Bells. Not only lost all these people, but word gets around. Too many other places to go.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,500 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
You are not getting much symphony. I had one of the best prime rib dinners ever a few weeks ago at Katie Bells. Perhaps you should try again with a smaller group. Stiffing the wait staff because you had to wait for your food is not acceptable. Like the previous poster said it is much harder for the kitchen to get 20 meals out in a timely manner.
Fred. I always enjoy a good Prime Rib but never get much Symphony at Katie Belles.

I am confused. I am also kidding you a little bit because I think you were kidding us with the Symphony, or spell check won again.

The ONLY reason I go to eat with a big group is that I ……….after I think about it, I don't know why I do. Not a recipe for good food and good time. I can't hear people on a good day.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:16 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Default Katie bells

Damn spell check
Old 02-28-2019, 08:56 PM

We go as a group routinely w/o problems at many restaurants in the villages without problems. I think Kattie Bells is missing some management and has gone downhill
Old 03-01-2019, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Going to a restaurant with 20 people is hard on the kitchen, staff and other customers. I will not sit near a table that large because of the noise. Twenty entree's coming out of the kitchen at the same time is almost impossible to serve everything hot. Stiffing a waitress because of the manager is inexcusable.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:28 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Going to a restaurant with 20 people is hard on the kitchen, staff and other customers. I will not sit near a table that large because of the noise. Twenty entree's coming out of the kitchen at the same time is almost impossible to serve everything hot. Stiffing a waitress because of the manager is inexcusable.
Poor waitress. Low pay, hard work, all at the mercy of the kitchen and patron.
Closed Thread

Tags
kattie, mother, dinner, wednesday, meal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.