Do you have a favorite restaurant?

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Founder
Default Do you have a favorite restaurant?

There are lots of choices. Is there one that you prefer over the others. Why?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Default Re: Do you have a favorite restaurant?

We seldom eat dinner out, but lunch is often eaten out for us.
We find that we keep returning to the Tosca Italian Restaurant where we share one of the lunch specials, including a great house salad. Excellent value for money.
We keep our fingers crossed that the microbrewery there will reopen soon. It's the only source of good beer we've found in The Villages.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:09 PM

Our favorite resturant is Goodfellas in Belleview. Great Italian food, everything from antipasto salad to pizza and lasagna. ;DI'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Platinum member

I posted a comment a few days ago under What I disliked about the Villages but since Tosca's and beer is on the table, so to speak, I'll ask the question again. Besides Tosca's and Arnold Palmer, are there any other restaurants in the Villages which serve some of the craft or microbrews, like Sam Adams, Nevada, Saranac, Bass, or Guinness rather than the usual all-American collection of Bud, Coors, Miller, and Red Dog?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Veteran member

Beer? Now yer talkin! I like beer better than ice cream. I second gryoung's request for the identification of establishments hither and yon from The Villages that serve microbrewski's. Good food would add to the pleasure. Anyone up for a pub crawl?
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 04-17-2007, 05:25 PM

I love the Crab Cakes at Cane Gardens! Deeeelish! (I don't know about the beer, sorry)
Old 04-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Platinum member

Thanks for your post, JohnZ. I see that you're also a native New Yorker, so we've got two things in common. To pickup on PJ's comments, we've also had great lunches at Cane Garden both the food and the service. In fact the only disappointing (not really bad) experiences we've had in the Villages were in Mallory CC. In fact the only reason that we've eaten there more than once was the lack of a long wait to be seated.

We certainly don't want to prompt an "Imus" response from anyone, but we hope that when they finally rebuild and reopen Mallory CC, that it will be a better dining experience. Anyone else feel that Mallory CC was less than an ideal dining experience?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Been lookin for Crab Cakes, I'll have to try Cane Gardens, I'll also report on the beer since PJ couldn't, hey somebody's gotta do it.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Sage

Golfnut...Tierra Del Sol is reputed to have the best crab cakes around...authentic MD crab cakes. I haven't tried them yet but others say they are pretty darn good.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:44 PM

The Bourbon Street Restaurant in Spanish Springs is currently my all time favorite. In working my way thru their menu I have yet to find anything that I haven't enjoyed. The Orleans pasta and porkchops are equally enjoyable. Salads are not merely wilted lettuce and onions (as I have found to be much of the case in other Villages restaurants) but included several other vegetables. Plus the service and surroundings seem to enhance the Orleans atmosphere. Prices seemed very competitive with other restaurants in The Villages. It would be my first choice to celebrate any special occassion or just for an evening out!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:24 AM

My hair dresser recommended FELIX's in Ocala.. on SIlver Springs Blvd.. Good Steaks, Seafood and pasts
Old 10-09-2007, 12:07 PM

For a great old-fashioned diner - go to Duck Dam Diner (make a right at the oklawaha light and go 4 miles to the bridge and it's on your're right) Meat Loaf hanging off the plate (to die for) Steak and eggs - hash browns - corn beef hash - piles of pancakes - syrup ...you name it !! if you leave this place hungry it's your're own damn fault !!! and it won't make a hole in your're wallet !!!

Bottomless coffee pot - belly up to the counter and hang out ...it's great !!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.