DOMINIC'S

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Default DOMINIC'S

Five of our friends have had bad experiences at Dominic's. One found a (edited) in his salad. Two ordered veal and received chicken. Two asked to have their meals reheated and the chef threw them away. Needless to say ALL of our friends will not be frequenting that place.

Editors note: The administrators have edited a world from this post because it is not a first person account. Unless the poster can verify the information, we have chosen to edit it out. If you have previous knowledge of this post pre-edit, I would ask you not to repeat it.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:53 AM
Founder
Default Re: DOMINIC'S

We have been there four times. One time the experience was okay. One visit produced aluminum foil in the lasagna.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Gold member

Thanks for the imformation. I have been there twice and was not impressed with the food.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

OMG a (edited) !! I would die...No Dominics for us...Thanks for the heads up...

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Veteran member

That's a surprise. Although we've never tried Dominics, we've only heard good things about them.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Eternal Member

I went once. The sausage was tough and the marinara sauce wasn't marinara sauce. I was a watery tomato sauce with a few half chopped cold tomatoes thrown in. Never went back.

Others rave about the place.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Three Reviews From TV Gourmet Club

The following reviews were made for visits to Dominic's in 2007. Here they are (all reviews were made by members of TV Gourmet Club and were cut and pasted here from TV Gourmet Club website)...

Review 1: (from Rich C. 1/07) We stopped in for a quick dinner on a Sunday evening at 6 PM. The restaurant was only 70% of capacity so we were seated immediately. It took a while for the right server to show up but we think the hostess changed our "station" since it appeared to us they were short handed. Anthony was helpful and knowledgible. She had Chicken Florentine ($17) and I had the Combo Special of Eggplant, Pasta and Chicken Parm. ($11). The Eggplant Roll was not that enjoyable and the fried Chicken Parm. a little over done but I'd rather eat chicken overcooked than undercooked. The Penne and sauce were fine. She really enjoyed the Florentine. Our dinner salads however were mostly brown limp lettuce. Total with two wines was $43.50 plus tip. Nothing to rave about here but the décor is nice.
Quality=3 Serrvice=3 Value=3 Total=9 out of 15.

Review 2: (from Martin G. 5/07) Took my sister who was visiting, to Dominic's and had a very enjoyable dining experience. We all ordered different chicken entrees, the Pollo Alla Francese, the Chicken Florentine and the Pollo Parmigiana. All were prepared just right. The chicken was done so it melted in your mouth. The side of pasta was done al-dente and the portions were substantial enough so we even had some left over for light lunch the following day. Not including drinks, tax or tip, it came to $46 for 3. Quite reasonable and worth a return visit.
Quality=4 Service=4 Value=4 Total=12 out of 15.

Review 3: (from Dan K. 7/07) Second visit in the last two weeks. Took another couple and all ordered from the early bird menu. $9.95 each included salad or soup, entree and dessert. They started us out with garlic bread twists last time and warm rolls this visit. Great service, food was well prepared, tasty and we had a leisurely meal. We were not hurried and the music was quiet and quite enjoyable. I would recommend this. We will definitely return. Glad this was a positive experience.
Quality=5 Service=4 Value=5 Total=14 out of 15.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Eternal Member

Too many lights - feel like I am in a cafeteria

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

Dominics is a very good restaurant in our experience which is now two years. We have never had a bad meal there and the only complaint I ever could log was that the romaine lettuce in a ceasars was soggy (which was promptly corrected). Some meals have been only good but most have been very good to excellent. I've found the service to be very even despite turnover. Some weekend nights they have jazz which is very relaxing. The bar in the winter is always hopping with interesting people. I'd have to give Dominecs a very solid A- over a two year period.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 10-01-2007, 03:07 PM

We've been going there since it opened and it's one of our favorites in the TV. Have never had a bad meal and service has always been great. The outdoor noon time meals are quite a deal as are the early bird specials. Our wine club has wine outings there about once every six weeks that are phenomenal ... everyone raves about these dinners who attend. Food is always hot, delicious, and plenty of it. Service couldn't be better. Now granted these are special events, but I give Dominic's 4****!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.