Donuts in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2019, 07:36 PM
Gold member

I lived for a long time in NC, the birthplace of Krispy Kreme. When my son played Pop Warner football they used to sell dozens of doughnuts for fundraisers. I have even gone to one of their stores when the light is on in the window and they pull them right off the production line and hand them to you still hot.

For the life of me, I don't know how anyone eats those things on a consistent basis. It is like biting into hot mushy sugar. Maybe I had been scolded by the dentist too many times when I was a kid for having cavities that he claimed were caused by eating sugary foods or reminded often enough of the very high incidence of pre diabetes and diabetes in NC.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Skip the Dunkin Donuts on 441. They have hardly any of the good donuts in stock after 10 AM.

Sort of like a Florist without Flowers.

You wanna try some Donuts that will knock your eyes out? Donut King 208 S Hwy 27, Minneola, FL 34715. Down near Claremont. I know its a ride but you won't be disappointed. Ask for A Bear Claw. They have a Website for you to check out.
Just heard Donut King expanding to the old Oscars in Leesburg . FABULOUS
Old 02-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerry View Post
Someone was selling "home made" donuts in a roadside stand on Microracetrack Rd on Sunday morning, try that.
Tried them. They are way to dry for me we were surprised how bad they were.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:39 PM

DONUT KING is as close to up north as you'll get. Excellent.
Closed Thread

Tags
donuts, high, school, bakery, truck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.