Double billing

Double billing

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Platinum member

I never use a credit card in restaurants unless I can add the tip and then swipe it myself. When they take your card to the back room, the first thing they do is place a pending charge on the card for the amount less the tip. Then, you add the tip and they make another charge against the card with the tip added to it. So, there are always 2 charges against your card, and hopefully, the first one gets removed before it changes from pending to complete. This is the way almost all restaurants handle credit card charges. I think it is a bad system.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Soaring Parsley

We are set up with the credit card company to get a text each time a charge is made. It always happens immediately.

I learned about this on TOTV a while back. Thank you to whoever posted about it. The cell goes ding, on the spot.

We have never had a duplicate but I assume the cell text notification would ding twice if that happened.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Platinum member

I use the alert system and an email notification. Anytime someone charges my credit card or makes any transaction on my checking or investment accounts over 5 dollars, I get an email. That way, I don't have to hear the annoying text messages dinging all the time. I think most financial institutions have an alert option that you can set up online.

Tags
billed, double, exact, showed, amounts