Down to 3

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2018, 06:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If people can't find food to eat at the local Restaurants it's time to stay home or move. People come on here and bash places that some are then afraid to try and others just understand don't understand why you can't find something to eat out. We eat out when we want, my wife is a great cook but we still find places we like some are better then others I'll agree. All places have good days and bad depending on the cook and what he or she is given to cook.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

The problem is the American physci.
Food establishement will only cater for the tastes that customers will pay for, and show them a profit.
Americans will pay for piled up plates, served one minute after sitting down, faster if possible.
You have to show patience and wait whilst food is prepped and cooked properly, or put up with the stuff most establishments sell in TV.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
///
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post View Post
What does this mean?
It usually means one of two things.

1. The poster does it to intimate that they don't trust themselves to post, without taking a chance of breaking the rules...or having their post deleted.

2. They already posted something, decided they wanted to change it, but because you can't delete an entire post once posted...came back and just put some symbols in the edited post.

Think of it as a...middle finger salute.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

1. The poster does it to intimate that they don't trust themselves to post, without taking a chance of breaking the rules...or having their post deleted.

2. They already posted something, decided they wanted to change it, but because you can't delete an entire post once posted...came back and just put some symbols in the edited post.

You COULD think of it like that. Most of us understand that it means that someone had thought better of what they typed; felt it was too direct, too harsh, not polite, or would probably be deleted.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:51 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

I had meatloaf at Cane Garden yesterday. Excellent!
Old 03-24-2018, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

"Publish and be damned."

Duke of Wellington
Old 03-24-2018, 07:57 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Go to any populated area nowadays and you will find people rating restaurants on sites like Yelp, Google, Trip Advisor, etc..It's the way things are now. Look at the Villages Gourmet site. Ratings for restaurants in TV and surrounding areas. I know the general consensus is that everybody here is on a fixed income but the amount of that income I believe is higher than we give credit for. How else do you explain spending $10,000 to $30,000 just for landscaping?

Bottom line, is when you go out to eat you should EXPECT a clean establishment, good service, and hot food cooked to preference. If a restaurant fails to deliver that, they deserve every negative comment they get.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:10 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
It is excellent. Nice portions too.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Cane and Mallory both have great meatloaf. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying that meal, but like I said earlier, I am easily pleased - and happy that I am.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Cane and Mallory both have great meatloaf. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying that meal, but like I said earlier, I am easily pleased - and happy that I am.
The meatloaf at Tierra Del Sol is excellent as well. I tried it last week. The burgers, onion rings and chilli are good too.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Go to any populated area nowadays and you will find people rating restaurants on sites like Yelp, Google, Trip Advisor, etc..It's the way things are now. Look at the Villages Gourmet site. Ratings for restaurants in TV and surrounding areas. I know the general consensus is that everybody here is on a fixed income but the amount of that income I believe is higher than we give credit for. How else do you explain spending $10,000 to $30,000 just for landscaping?

Bottom line, is when you go out to eat you should EXPECT a clean establishment, good service, and hot food cooked to preference. If a restaurant fails to deliver that, they deserve every negative comment they get.
some have said average income is $80,000. We don’t have a pleather of million dollar homes, but half million and up are plentiful. One must have that kind of cash to buy here. And then get that expensive landscape
Old 03-24-2018, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I think you mean plethora. That darn auto fill. I don't think $80,000/year buys one a half-million-dollar house, but I think there are income levels all over the place in TV... and few got here by not being frugal. As long as people want a lot of food for a little money, we aren't going to get many high-end restaurants.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post View Post
What does this mean?
It's a means of moving the topic to the top of the list without actually posting anything.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Sage

If you came from NJ or NY suburbs-when you sold your house--getting a half million dollar house in TV is a no brainer-unless you want to pay capital gains-very simple
Old 03-24-2018, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

In the previous post, it meant that my wife needed me and I had decided to use /// after erasing my post.

In this post, it means the last sentence you used in your post. ///. Nice to see you back.
Closed Thread

Tags
bar, tv--arnold, palmer, garden, cane

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.