Eatons Beach

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2021, 11:17 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
Was not impressed, not worth the drive and wait. Food is ok, service is ok, not worth the hassle.
That was exactly our summary, but have to admit we don't go every month like some devotees. It's a nice alternative to driving all the way to the coast, kind of gives that ocean side dining feel, but yes, very average to low average quality food, a lot of variations in the staff's (training ?) behaviors, friendliness, etc, a real "hit and miss" place, you never know, but being realistic, they do a brisk business, always have, and it works for them !
Old 03-26-2021, 01:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmith216 View Post
Went to Eatons Beach for dinner with out of town friends.
Was told the wait time would be 40 minutes. After noticing
other parties being seated ahead of us, we ask where we were on the list. Was told 15 more minutes. Other parties were still being seated ahead of us. Was told those people had called in for a table! Left after 1 and a half hour wait, and realized call in parties had priority over guests waiting in person. Even the bartender, if you could call her a bartender, was extremely rude and inattentive.

I'm not trying to be rude, but it's called peak season. You have to plan ahead until the snowbirds leave. They should start to take flight shortly after Easter.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 03-26-2021, 02:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I've only eaten there once and it was the casual downstairs area. That was Memorial Day weekend about three years ago. They had 3 piece band playing, and they were really good. It's all open, kind of like being at a beach bar since there is really a white sandy beach to look down at while dining. They had jets skis, about 20 young guys and girls were playing volleyball, which was fun to watch. They would come up every now and then and get a drink, so they were all over 21, or at least in the bartenders mind. There was the Cessna aircraft with the skis landing and taking off not far away on the lake. The only negative was, of course being outside it was hot, wear beach clothes, and there was some flies. I can't remember, it was either BBQ or a hamburger with fries and it was good and only about $10.

They open all these garage doors and it's pretty nice.

The Villages Florida

This is your view, throw in a bunch of young adults, airplanes, jet skis, boats, it's quite a scene. The air conditioned main restaurant is upstairs.

The Villages Florida
I love the downstairs restaurant. One of the best places around. Nothing like it in the Villages and it’s not far at all from TV’s north end. Key is to go off peak. But if you want the band, it’ll probably be mobbed so you have to bite the bullet.

I think we’re lucky to have the place.
Old 03-26-2021, 08:49 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

I love Eaton's Beach. I realize they get busy so I either go early or I call ahead. I think their food is very good. The Washday Special and 3c's Mac and Cheese are amazing.
If it wasn't such a long drive I would go there more often. To me, it beats all the Country Clubs (except Lopez and Havana).
Old 03-28-2021, 06:46 PM
Gold member

Scott, the upstairs bartender is the best in the area!
Old 04-07-2021, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Isn't that called a "reservation"?

I've been there many times and always "called ahead". I like everything about the place
I still can not figure out the difference between a "reservation" and "call ahead seating".
Old 04-07-2021, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I still can not figure out the difference between a "reservation" and "call ahead seating".
With call ahead, they know you're coming. And it's not really a reservation; there's no guaranteed seating time. You just get a spot in line, and hopefully by the time you get there, a table will have opened up for you.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:27 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Went to Eaton’s beach restaurant 3 weeks ago, arrived about 4:30 and we were seated immediately. There were five of us. It was our first time in over a year. Food/service was good and the atmosphere great. May go again before we go north for this summer. It’s different from any place in TV.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:34 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Went to Eaton’s beach restaurant 3 weeks ago, arrived about 4:30 and we were seated immediately. There were five of us. It was our first time in over a year. Food/service was good and the atmosphere great. May go again before we go north for this summer. It’s different from any place in TV.

Open seating is going to get a lot better in the next few months.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:57 PM
Veteran member

[

With Call ahead typically that means you are put on the waiting list just as if you walked in the door.

A reservation as we all know means they intend to seat you near the time that you requested.

The OP has a legitimate complaint. They should give you an estimated wait time that is ALWAYS conservatively estimated so that actual wait time will be less. Thank you for giving others a heads up. It is already a long drive for most.

The negative responses were quite unfair and WRONG.

Last edited by ithos; 04-07-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

So downfall is long drive, how long is it? To get to a restaurant that meal doesn’t come in a bag takes us 45 minutes.
We are so used to call ahead, not only does it put you on the list as if you were there in person. It gives the restaurant a chance to move people up if the call ahead is later than expected.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
So downfall is long drive, how long is it? To get to a restaurant that meal doesn’t come in a bag takes us 45 minutes.
We are so used to call ahead, not only does it put you on the list as if you were there in person. It gives the restaurant a chance to move people up if the call ahead is later than expected.
The restaurant is a whopping 5.7 miles from Spanish Springs town square and takes 12 minutes.

We are lucky to have a sandy lakeside beach with decent restaurant so close.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:52 AM
Default Great Place! I go often, always great staff, and good food. Great atmosphere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmith216 View Post
Went to Eatons Beach for dinner with out of town friends.
Was told the wait time would be 40 minutes. After noticing
other parties being seated ahead of us, we ask where we were on the list. Was told 15 more minutes. Other parties were still being seated ahead of us. Was told those people had called in for a table! Left after 1 and a half hour wait, and realized call in parties had priority over guests waiting in person. Even the bartender, if you could call her a bartender, was extremely rude and inattentive.
Here in the States some folks get angry if they have to wait, then they say the staff was rude, probably not you, but some folks do.....but I always see where the real customer says, "nah, they were busy, but not rude"..... sometimes you wait for the good stuff.....
Old 04-08-2021, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepearson55804@gmail.com View Post
Here in the States some folks get angry if they have to wait, then they say the staff was rude, probably not you, but some folks do.....but I always see where the real customer says, "nah, they were busy, but not rude"..... sometimes you wait for the good stuff.....
So, is it different elsewhere?
Old 04-08-2021, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
So, is it different elsewhere?
Yes. Some places in France the wait is two months.

Tags
parties, told, call, ahead, beach

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.