Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill (on Lake Weir)

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapple View Post
Went Sunday night, got there about 4:30 and had about a 30 min wait. Started off with the fried green tomatoes which were excellent! I had the shrimp and grits...delicious but would have preferred some more texture to it, got kind of boring. Hubby had shrimp creole which he liked, added some hot sauce. Staff was very attentive and worked well together. Can't wait to go back!
was there live music playing,, how was it,, were you able to set outdoors without the smokers bothering you (i am non-smoker) and do they allow dogs on the outside area? (i hope not) at least not the 4 legged ones that is
Old 05-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
was there live music playing,, how was it,, were you able to set outdoors without the smokers bothering you (i am non-smoker) and do they allow dogs on the outside area? (i hope not) at least not the 4 legged ones that is
We went Memorial Day for lunch and sat in the lower level where the music was played. It was a single musician with guitar and vocals backed with a band in the box. He was playing when we got there and when we left two hours later, he never took a break. He was good and not too loud. The only smokers I saw was a couple with a small child smoking on the steps to the beach and a waiter went over to them and told them there was no smoking allowed. I didn't see any dogs, the only negative was a lot of flies. It made you want to eat faster, as soon as we finished and threw away out baskets the flies stopped. My neighbor went on Saturday and sat upstairs and said, even with the A/C on, they have the windows open and have flies in the upstairs dining area as well.

They had a BBQ going on, so I got the pulled porch sandwich and my wife got grilled chicken breast sandwich. They have a small tabletop menu in the lower area and that's all you can order downstairs. The sandwich was good, about as good as a similar sandwich at Sonnys.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

We went there Monday afternoon. Duo called "Diamonds and Spurs" played late afternoon in to the evening. They were very good. Had dinner upstairs and really enjoyed it. There were 12 of us and each ordered a different entree so we got to sample quite a few things. I had the shrimp and grits and liked it. Spouse had Spanish catfish which was delicious. Best thing on the menu, in my opinion, was my appetizer, Crawfish Pie. Absolutely great! Chef is not afraid of spices. Best that I have ever had. Was enough for a meal but I begrudgingly shared it! I have to add that the service was excellent in spite of the size of our group. Can't wait to go back.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:19 PM

I got a chance to have lunch there today and when we arrived at 1:00 pm I was surprised there w there was a 20 min wait. It did not take that long to get our table but the inside had a nice crowd of smiling people. We had grab a drink downstairs as we waited so Josh ,our server, was ready to take our order. Nice big menu with many choices with alot of cajun and low country dishes. I had read that the chef had worked in Ybor city and was Spainish.
My guest is gulten-free and this was easy for them to offer several choices with a smile. Their Bronze chicken with beans and rice was a winner. I had the shrimp poor boy that had a nice remoulade sauce but the fries were under cooked and cold. I told our server and in a few mins. I had a very hot portion in front of me. I think this is a great place and will be back, but I think this place fills up fast so get there early.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:25 PM

A popular place and with good reason......food is great, view is fantastic, service is excellent !
Old 06-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Default Eaton Beach

I happened to be there yesterday with my find and friends. To 0me, it is a beach bar nothing more, nothing less. The fact that it costs $10.00 for a hamburger and fries to me is expensive.

I ordered a Tanqueray and tonic and the gal asked me if I wanted it on the rocks. I told her that I did want ice. When the bill came, I was I SHOCK. The T a d T was $10.00 and then they charged me another $3.00 for "rocks".

It will be a cold day in hell before I will go back there
Old 06-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAC2371 View Post
I got a chance to have lunch there today and when we arrived at 1:00 pm I was surprised there w there was a 20 min wait. It did not take that long to get our table but the inside had a nice crowd of smiling people. We had grab a drink downstairs as we waited so Josh ,our server, was ready to take our order. Nice big menu with many choices with alot of cajun and low country dishes. I had read that the chef had worked in Ybor city and was Spainish.
My guest is gulten-free and this was easy for them to offer several choices with a smile. Their Bronze chicken with beans and rice was a winner. I had the shrimp poor boy that had a nice remoulade sauce but the fries were under cooked and cold. I told our server and in a few mins. I had a very hot portion in front of me. I think this is a great place and will be back, but I think this place fills up fast so get there early.
Your timing was really good! During the snowbird invasion, the wait was often 2 hours. However, we always enjoyed a couple of drinks and people watching.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Veteran member

Johnny Matanzas and the Hombres an EXCELLENT band will be playing downstairs from 6-10 this Saturday 6/7
Old 06-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Gold member

Four of us went there on Saturday and we all had a different meal in the upstairs restaurant. None of us were very impressed with our food, it was just OK. We all had meals, no sandwiches. We felt for the food prices that we should have gotten a salad and bread. The prices were OK too if we had received an entire meal. The best thing was that they have Yuengling on draft.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Veteran member
Default Fried fare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Your timing was really good! During the snowbird invasion, the wait was often 2 hours. However, we always enjoyed a couple of drinks and people watching.
I'm not impressed with the food.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkendrigan View Post
I happened to be there yesterday with my find and friends. To 0me, it is a beach bar nothing more, nothing less. The fact that it costs $10.00 for a hamburger and fries to me is expensive.

I ordered a Tanqueray and tonic and the gal asked me if I wanted it on the rocks. I told her that I did want ice. When the bill came, I was I SHOCK. The T a d T was $10.00 and then they charged me another $3.00 for "rocks".

It will be a cold day in hell before I will go back there
I think you may have made a mistake somewhere . . .

My husband and I were at Eaton's for dinner this evening. We sat in the bar area having a drink, while waiting for about 45 minutes to be called for a table.

I had a well gin and tonic that had no shortage of ice. I've never heard of a gin and tonic that wasn't served with ice, so something is wrong there. That well drink was $5.00. My husband ordered Chivas and was asked how he wanted it and he replied on the rocks. Because that was a call drink, that was $8.00. Again -- no charge for ice.

On neither drink was there a charge for ice. If you were in fact, charged $3.00 for ice, which sounds pretty incredible, the onus was on you to ask for clarification.

I've never heard of anything so ridiculous as being charged for ice at a bar.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Tanqueray is not a well drink. It is premium so you pay more. Not everywhere in the world has TV drink prices.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Gold member

To all the haters.....please DO NOT go back to Eaton Beach. That will help cut down the wait time for the rest of us....

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 06-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Veteran member

I have been charged an additional charge ($5) for ordering a premium liquor neat at the Parasol Down lounge at Wynn Las Vegas. When I questioned the charge the manager came over and explained that when ordering a premium neat or on the rocks there is a up charge because the pour is larger than in a mixed drink, 3 ounces as compared to 2 ounces in the mixed drink. That is the only place I ever encountered the up charge and I felt it was explained to my satisfaction.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
Tanqueray is not a well drink. It is premium so you pay more. Not everywhere in the world has TV drink prices.
The point I was trying to make was regarding "ice."

I mentioned the other details to give the complete picture.
I know that Tanqueray, like Chivas, are both "call" drinks.
I mentioned the price we paid for a call drink and a well drink
to show that there was no up charge for ice,
particularly when the server asked my husband
how he wanted his Chivas -- up, on ice, with water, etc.

Anyone who is charged for ice at a bar should question the charge!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.