Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill (on Lake Weir) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/eatons-beach-sandbar-grill-lake-weir-93332/)

Barefoot 11-19-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djembe dude (Post 970252)
Eaton beach food just average, not worth the wait, no better than any place within the villages.

Eaton's Beach only works for people who enjoy the view and the laid-back ambiance.

rubicon 11-19-2014 04:17 PM

Every time I click on to one of these restaurants threads I realize how much money and misery I have saved myself

jbdlfan 11-20-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djembe dude (Post 970252)
Eaton beach food just average, not worth the wait, no better than any place within the villages.

That may very well be your taste, but I have yet to eat ANYWHERE in The Villages I'd wait an hour to be seated. I'll take Lake Weir view any day to sit, relax and enjoy an adult beverage while I wait.

DougB 11-20-2014 07:44 PM

Think the only place I can think of where I would wait an hour to be seated and enjoy the view would be a Hooters!

Chi-Town 11-21-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 970945)
Think the only place I can think of where I would wait an hour to be seated and enjoy the view would be a Hooters!

They're on my wish list every year in the survey. Excellent wings.[emoji6]

Indydealmaker 11-21-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 971106)
They're on my wish list every year in the survey. Excellent wings.[emoji6]

OMG! Hooters has food too??!!

thepilgrim 11-21-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by railroadman (Post 841205)
Do you have an address, for this new restaurant?

Thank You - Randy

Randy: I'm from New Orleans to, have you been to the Louisiana club?
Jim Ross e-mail jross347@hotmail.com

Jullie 11-23-2014 10:31 AM

Love Eaton Beach! We usually go for lunch and have the pulled pork. I

PammyJ 11-23-2014 08:14 PM

Yes, we like it too! The shrimp and grits, fried green tomatoes, and they have a really yummy Cesear Salad! The view can't be beat for this area.

annoakley 04-22-2015 08:53 AM

Eatons doesn't care about repeat customers

After 6 of us going to Eaton's EVERY Sunday after polo and dropping approx. $300 per visit,this polo season we went 1 week early, called ahead approx 1 hour before anticipated seating, checked in upon arrival...and waited. Ok, we expected an hour, which is what we were told on phone and in person. After 1 hour we checked (it WAS very busy that day). We were told about 10 minutes. OK. After 1 hour and 15 minutes we checked again--were told next 6 top was ours. Watched another group get seated there. Why not us? Because they were a 7 group. Next one-ours. This happened 3 more times--each time because "they were 7.) FINALLY a 6 top-told we could not have it because a group of 8 had arrived. THEN shown to a table for 4 with 2 added at end. It was SOOO tight, we couldn't even sit down at it. This was after 1 hour and 40 minutes. We were furious and left--vowed NEVER to be treated that way again. AND we were told all these people were ahead of us--but not when we arrived. I saw the list. Sooooo we called to Francescos; they set up a table, ready when we arrived and now THEY get our every Sunday business of $300. This was NOT wise on Eaton's part--but they had all young girls running the seating--no manager in sight.

Barefoot 04-22-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbdlfan (Post 970832)
.... I have yet to eat ANYWHERE in The Villages I'd wait an hour to be seated.
I'll take Lake Weir view any day to sit, relax and enjoy an adult beverage while I wait.

We are big fans of Eatons Beach. We go for the view and the ambiance. We expect to wait.
As jbdlfan said - "I'll take Lake Weir view any day" :highfive: to relax and have a glass of wine while we wait.

dbussone 04-22-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barefoot (Post 1049399)
We are big fans of Eatons Beach. We go for the view and the ambiance. We expect to wait.
As jbdlfan said - "I'll take Lake Weir view any day" :highfive: to relax and have a glass of wine while we wait.

The only thing that bothers me about Eaton Beach are the hordes of flies that surround the place at certain times of the year.

Indydealmaker 04-22-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annoakley (Post 1049337)
After 6 of us going to Eaton's EVERY Sunday after polo and dropping approx. $300 per visit,this polo season we went 1 week early, called ahead approx 1 hour before anticipated seating, checked in upon arrival...and waited. Ok, we expected an hour, which is what we were told on phone and in person. After 1 hour we checked (it WAS very busy that day). We were told about 10 minutes. OK. After 1 hour and 15 minutes we checked again--were told next 6 top was ours. Watched another group get seated there. Why not us? Because they were a 7 group. Next one-ours. This happened 3 more times--each time because "they were 7.) FINALLY a 6 top-told we could not have it because a group of 8 had arrived. THEN shown to a table for 4 with 2 added at end. It was SOOO tight, we couldn't even sit down at it. This was after 1 hour and 40 minutes. We were furious and left--vowed NEVER to be treated that way again. AND we were told all these people were ahead of us--but not when we arrived. I saw the list. Sooooo we called to Francescos; they set up a table, ready when we arrived and now THEY get our every Sunday business of $300. This was NOT wise on Eaton's part--but they had all young girls running the seating--no manager in sight.

After you went to the website and gave your review at the following link, what kind of response from management did you receive?
Reviews | Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill

Ooper 04-22-2015 05:22 PM

We stopped going to EB because of the service. We had half cooked chicken wings, complained, asked to speak to a manger... nothing. Our server should have been fired IMO. We left and vowed never to return! Yes, it is a beautiful place but good service and good food is more important to me!

Johnd 05-10-2015 01:31 PM

Nothing special

Been there twice. Very average food, indifferent service. Nice location but nothing very special. Worth an occasional visit.

People are not haters because they have an opinion different from yours.