Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill (on Lake Weir)

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2014, 10:22 PM
Sage

I agree, Eaton's has the best shrimp and grits. Excellent food there! Great entertainment as well.
I will be there tomorrow night playing with Vinyl Recall on the lower level.

We're going to early to have dinner. Great food. I;ve never had a bad meal there.

See you downstairs from 5pm-9pm. Look for the TOTV table and we can all sit together!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I agree, Eaton's has the best shrimp and grits. Excellent food there! Great entertainment as well.
I will be there tomorrow night playing with Vinyl Recall on the lower level.

We're going to early to have dinner. Great food. I;ve never had a bad meal there.

See you downstairs from 5pm-9pm. Look for the TOTV table and we can all sit together!
What a co inky dink.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
If you like Shrimp and Grits, try them at Hemingway's. Best ever.
I fully agree.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:22 AM

Eaton's Beach is located at
15790 SE 134th Ave
Weirsdale Florida 32195
352-259-2444
Every Monday in the month of August, if you spend $30 Eaton's Beach will give you $5.00 off your check.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:38 AM

Food is jus ok, not worth the wait.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Default Not Again!

We were there on 10/25 and after a short wait were seated inside. We ordered and my brother in law girl friend found a long hair in her salad. She mentioned it to the waiter and he said should I get you another one and she said no. She ate the entre. When the bill came she asked if anything was taken off the bill. He said he would check with the head waitress and found out since the salad was included free with the meal there was no discount. I'm not making this up. So make sure if you find a hair or bug in your meal save it for the entre. I can't believe they bus people in to here, never again.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Never is such a long time...............................
Old 11-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Sage
Default A bugs life

We have been to Eaton's Beach about 4 times now. We ate outside twice and the last time it was duck and the bugs were terrible. So, went again about 3 weeks ago and were seated inside. It was dark out. The lights had attracted the bugs prior to the doors being closed so there were just swarms of bugs around the lights. As we sat at the table getting our drinks, we noticed the bugs kept flying down on our table. We were killing them the best we could as they landed. Then our meals came, and the bugs were literally falling from the lights onto our plates. It got so bad that the bugs overpowered our plates and we could not eat our meals. The bugs were the worst for two of us....must be we were seated directly under the lights. There were 6 in our party. I called the manager over to explain that the bugs had overtaken our meals and she apologized and took my meal off the bill. My friend who was sitting next to me didn't have her meal taken off. I encouraged her to speak up and she declined. The manager said they were getting screens for the large doors to help with the bugs. Service was very poor as well. Server didn't check back with us but once a while after we got our meals. We haven't been back since. Probably won't return.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobstr View Post
We were there on 10/25 and after a short wait were seated inside. We ordered and my brother in law girl friend found a long hair in her salad. She mentioned it to the waiter and he said should I get you another one and she said no. She ate the entre. When the bill came she asked if anything was taken off the bill. He said he would check with the head waitress and found out since the salad was included free with the meal there was no discount. I'm not making this up. So make sure if you find a hair or bug in your meal save it for the entre. I can't believe they bus people in to here, never again.
You should have gotten the manager over to talk to you. Things like that can happen at any restaurant.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
You should have gotten the manager over to talk to you. Things like that can happen at any restaurant.
The manager did come over to talk to us. That's who took my meal off of our bill. This isn't the first time we've had poor service there. Don't want to have to play the poor service game any longer.. I just feel that there are so many great restaurants to dine at so we choose to patronize those restraunts.

Last edited by Happinow; 11-18-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Mixed reviews on the Internet. Glad you enjoyed it. We will try it soon.
Isn't that the case for all restaurants?
Old 11-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Gold member

I've said this before to all the haters, PLEASE stay away fro Eaton Beach Bar and Grille. The more of you that take this advice will make it more enjoyable for the rest of us....and for god\sakes, don't tell the snowbirds.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 11-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
I've said this before to all the haters, PLEASE stay away fro Eaton Beach Bar and Grille. The more of you that take this advice will make it more enjoyable for the rest of us....and for god\sakes, don't tell the snowbirds.
I agree, keep up the negative comments about Eaton's Beach
That will make more room for those of us who love it there.
But it's too late to prevent the Birds from finding out!
Our first visit was in December 2013.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:13 AM

Have eaten there several times. Food and service were good each time. No bug problems during our visits. Have sat indoors and on deck. If you don't want to wait in line, get there before the peak lunch and dinner hours. Otherwise, enjoy your favorite beverage over looking the lake before you get your table!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:46 AM

Eaton beach food just average, not worth the wait, no better than any place within the villages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.