Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill (on Lake Weir)

Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill (on Lake Weir)

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Location: Phila., Atlantic City, New York City, Puerto Rico, Pittsburgh, So. Fla., Bahamas, Louisiana, Vegas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
I have been charged an additional charge ($5) for ordering a premium liquor neat at the Parasol Down lounge at Wynn Las Vegas. When I questioned the charge the manager came over and explained that when ordering a premium neat or on the rocks there is a up charge because the pour is larger than in a mixed drink, 3 ounces as compared to 2 ounces in the mixed drink. That is the only place I ever encountered the up charge and I felt it was explained to my satisfaction.
Now that makes sense to me, particularly with the explanation you were given.

The Wynn is such a classy place!

Old 06-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Eternal Member

12 of us went for drinks and dinner yesterday. No wait really for dinner because we wanted to have drinks first. By the time we were done with our drinks and ready, our table was ready. Had a good time. Everyone enjoyed their meals. A few got appetizers that several of us tried. Service was great and nice seeing some good friends that work there.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:13 PM

Love the place nice dinning experience.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Veteran member

Neither my wife (shrimp & grits) nor I (shrimp creole) were impressed with the food upstairs. Conversely, the bar downstairs was jumping. All the hostile signs posted by the neighbors weren't a very pleasant sight though.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Just as a thought given the overview of villagers experience with restaurants in the area it doesn't take much to please....meaning its all relative.

I was told the drinks are priced quite high. My friend owned three restaurants and once told me he made his money at the bar and not the dinner tables.
Since that discussion I seldom ever order drinks out.

It still baffles me that with such an increasing population here and from all over the world this area has scant acceptable eating places? Perhaps we should petition Guy Fieri to generate some diners drive-ins and dives
Old 07-03-2014, 07:43 PM

never had a good meal there. twice and out.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:21 AM

Hubby and I have had some great meals at this very unique restaurant! I like the fact that you can have a great meal upstairs or you can go to the snack bar downstairs and have pizza or pulled pork Sammys! There is great entertainment to enjoy as you look out to beautiful Lake Weir! BTW.... This Friday, one of Villages own bands, Vinyl Recall will be there. This is an awesome place to try if you haven't already.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Gold member

Mixed reviews on the Internet. Glad you enjoyed it. We will try it soon.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:24 PM

We spend July 4th there....AWESOME...view, food and service....we WILL return again & again (about 12 firework displays over the lake)...
Old 07-31-2014, 05:34 PM

Yes, they do have great food. AND sorry to let a secret out of the bag, but I called during "season" when there was an 85-minute wait. They did take call-ahead reservations. If you call same day close to when you will be arriving, they put your name on the list. That time when I did that, we waited 3 minutes!!! No matter how good the food, I won't wait more than half an hour.