Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill (on Lake Weir)

Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill (on Lake Weir)

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 03-19-2016, 09:52 AM
jleonard jleonard is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4
Default

Was there two weks ago. The biggest tourist trap I have encountered since moving to TV. Don't waste your time.
Reply With Quote

  #182  
Old 03-19-2016, 11:56 AM
kittygilchrist's Avatar
kittygilchrist kittygilchrist is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Gilchrist, from Gainesville
Posts: 5,817
Default

Grew up in Florida. Beaches are at the gulf or the atlantic. Lakes do not have beaches. My friend says Lake Erie has beaches. We are still friends.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #183  
Old 03-19-2016, 12:03 PM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Grew up in Florida. Beaches are at the gulf or the atlantic. Lakes do not have beaches. My friend says Lake Erie has beaches. We are still friends.
Kitty - I so agree.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 04-18-2016, 02:12 PM
Walter123 Walter123 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 925
Default

Went there for the first time this week. The service was great, the burger was great, the fries were great, the shrimp was great, the beer was cold and, as far as the beach goes, there is a lot of sand and families with small children were having a lot of fun. There is also a steamer bar below the restaurant that looked interesting. We went down to check it out after we ate and there is live music some nights and most of the seafood is local and fresh. They have a web site with more details about music.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 04-18-2016, 08:21 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
Was there two weks ago. The biggest tourist trap I have encountered since moving to TV. Don't waste your time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Went there for the first time this week. The service was great, the burger was great, the fries were great, the shrimp was great, the beer was cold and, as far as the beach goes, there is a lot of sand and families with small children were having a lot of fun. There is also a steamer bar below the restaurant that looked interesting. We went down to check it out after we ate and there is live music some nights and most of the seafood is local and fresh. They have a web site with more details about music.
I agree it is not a tourist trap! Have enjoyed every visit.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 04-18-2016, 08:37 PM
Chi-Town's Avatar
Chi-Town Chi-Town is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
Grew up in Florida. Beaches are at the gulf or the atlantic. Lakes do not have beaches. My friend says Lake Erie has beaches. We are still friends.
Try telling your story to beach goers on Chicago's lakefront.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 04-18-2016, 09:01 PM
HoosierPa HoosierPa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 344
Default

Sounds like great place but you won't catch me on the beach or in a lake full of alligators. I would just as soon sit on the deck with a beverage of choice.
__________________
Central Illinois, Missouri, Illinois, Southern Ms, Chicago Il, Atlanta Ga, South Florida, Central Indiana, Village of Collier

Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 04-18-2016, 09:39 PM
CFrance's Avatar
CFrance CFrance is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tamarind Grove/Monpazier, France
Posts: 12,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Try telling your story to beach goers on Chicago's lakefront.
Another Lake Michigan Not-a-Beach...
Attached Thumbnails
muskegon-jpg  
__________________
Happiness is when your life on the outside matches your life on the inside.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 04-18-2016, 09:58 PM
NYGUY NYGUY is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Village of Charlotte
Posts: 1,655
Default

They may not have seen real lakes before, only those ponds in Florida they call lakes.
__________________
Don't take life too seriously, it's not like you're going to get out alive!!!
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 05-19-2016, 07:28 AM
Golfer92 Golfer92 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Sanibel
Posts: 19
Default

Great food, I love taking my grandkids here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.