Eaton's Beach Sandbar & Grill (on Lake Weir)

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Platinum member

There's always one... My wife and I stopped one recent afternoon for some wings and beer. The wings were half done and very fatty. I'm talking visible fat under the skin. Complained to the waitress and she didn't offer to fix anything. She just said that's the way chicken wings are and there was nothing she could do about it. Now, I have eaten my fair share of chicken wings and these were NOT the way chicken wings are. But what irked me more was that nothing was going to be done to try to please us. We drank our beer and left the wings. We are in no hurry to get back to EB.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
There's always one... My wife and I stopped one recent afternoon for some wings and beer. The wings were half done and very fatty. I'm talking visible fat under the skin. Complained to the waitress and she didn't offer to fix anything. She just said that's the way chicken wings are and there was nothing she could do about it. Now, I have eaten my fair share of chicken wings and these were NOT the way chicken wings are. But what irked me more was that nothing was going to be done to try to please us. We drank our beer and left the wings. We are in no hurry to get back to EB.
How about discussing with the manager??
Old 04-02-2014, 12:04 PM

My wife and I did "call ahead" there last night. We called at 4:45 and were told it would be 45 minutes so we left TV immediately. Arrived at 5:15 and were told it would be at least an hour wait. They have a system there were they take your cell phone number and call just before your table is ready. A couple who walked up when we did was told the wait would be 2 hours. We left, ate somewhere else and went home. They called at 8:15 to say our table would be ready in ten minutes.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicaroo View Post
Sunday afternoon at 4:00 there were 14 of us that were picked up by the bus for Eatons Beach.After we arrived we were seated right away outside on the upper deck.We sat for maybe 10 minutes looking over menus and talking when the manager came over and apologized for seating us and not having a server come over and take our drink orders.None of us had complained,the manager did this on her own.She said she was bringing to our table 3 different kinds of appetizers at no charge.And not just 3 plates,it was 6 plates so we all could share. The manager and staff are wonderful.
Where did Eaton Beach's bus pick you up from??
Old 04-02-2014, 04:56 PM

(the bus for Eatons Beach) I did not know we had a bus to Eaton Beach?
Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Default Not so good

Last night 8 of us went with a call ahead. Waited about 1 hr after getting there. They put us at 2 separate tables that could not be put together. also had 2 different waitresses so the checks were confusing as the men sat at one table and ladies at another. I had salmon which was very dry and not hot at all. Told waitress but nothing was done. On the other hand I had a very good experience at lunch a few days earlier, go figure......
Old 04-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahayward65 View Post
Last night 8 of us went with a call ahead. Waited about 1 hr after getting there. They put us at 2 separate tables that could not be put together. also had 2 different waitresses so the checks were confusing as the men sat at one table and ladies at another. I had salmon which was very dry and not hot at all. Told waitress but nothing was done. On the other hand I had a very good experience at lunch a few days earlier, go figure......
Was this some kind of a test for the wait staff?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Location: Too many to mention, then Loveland, OH; Poinciana then Fernandina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
Where did Eaton Beach's bus pick you up from??
I've heard - but don't know any details - if you have a large group you can call Eaton's Beach and they'll send their bus for you.

I've eaten there 4 times and have had a great experience every time - love the shrimp and grits!
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big " Erica Jong

Last edited by FoPAA; 04-04-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Default Eatons Beach bus service

The bus for Eatons Beach picked us up at the home of the couple who organized the group.We all met at their home and were dropped off there when we got back from the restaurant.We asked the driver about picking up people and he said that he goes to SweetBay parking lot to pick up groups also.There is a requirement of 10 people and no more than 14.Each person pays $5.00. The driver also came by our table to see how we were doing and to let him know when we were ready to go back.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicaroo View Post
The bus for Eatons Beach picked us up at the home of the couple who organized the group.We all met at their home and were dropped off there when we got back from the restaurant.We asked the driver about picking up people and he said that he goes to SweetBay parking lot to pick up groups also.There is a requirement of 10 people and no more than 14.Each person pays $5.00. The driver also came by our table to see how we were doing and to let him know when we were ready to go back.
interesting!! the last time I was there (about 6 weeks ago), I asked about have their bus do just that for a group and was told they did not do it. I will dif talk to them again!

tks
Old 04-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Platinum member

They have a form to fill out, describing all the details (date, time, place, contact, party size). Must be dropped off or mailed in advance and they will confirm your reservation by phone.

Skip
Old 04-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
They have a form to fill out, describing all the details (date, time, place, contact, party size). Must be dropped off or mailed in advance and they will confirm your reservation by phone.

Skip
Tks Skip
Old 04-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Gold member

We went Saturday. Had a great time watching patrons arrive then wearily leave much later. Nice clean place, good food, band playing, and a 20 mins ride to "the beach" from Buttonwood - BTW you can call ahead for dinner reservations, and there are no coolers/food/drink allowed to be brought in. Gotta buy there.

Last edited by Ad poster; 01-01-2021 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Platinum member

Saw the bus when we went there tday, but didn't know what it was for.

A word of caution - probably too late now, but worth putting out: We arrived at about 1:30 this afternoon, after having found Gator Joe's jammed. Were told that it'd be almost 2 hours wait! Already hungry, we came back to the Lighthouse and were seated virtually immediately!

Should note much of the crowd were young - we suspect a horde of Spring Breakers. Probably not a good idea to go there (or even to Gator Joe's) on a nice Sunday in late March - early April.

After our snowbird friends go back north and kids go back to school, maybe we'll try it again.

SWR
Old 04-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
Saw the bus when we went there tday, but didn't know what it was for.

A word of caution - probably too late now, but worth putting out: We arrived at about 1:30 this afternoon, after having found Gator Joe's jammed. Were told that it'd be almost 2 hours wait! Already hungry, we came back to the Lighthouse and were seated virtually immediately!

Should note much of the crowd were young - we suspect a horde of Spring Breakers. Probably not a good idea to go there (or even to Gator Joe's) on a nice Sunday in late March - early April.

After our snowbird friends go back north and kids go back to school, maybe we'll try it again.

SWR
I wouldn't plan on the younger crowd going away.Those are mostly locals and will actually increase as it warms. You think it's crowded downstairs or on the beach, wait till summer.

Dr. Seuss
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.