Empty Bonefish

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2020, 06:40 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
Have no plans to eat inside at any restaurant. I have no concerns about outdoor seating. I get that Desantis is trying to protect the economy in a state that has no income tax but I'm continuing to look out for myself.
that's terrific ! all of us should as opposed to thinking any govt can do it for us,,, hell, they can't even stop robo calls if 1 lists their # on the do not call site
Old 10-08-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Been going out once or twice a week for past two months and find most are maybe 50% full during the week.

Last Sat at Havana inside was about 50% full and outside maybe 10%.
Had a 6:30 Havana reservation last night. Still had a 20 minute wait.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:16 AM

Thai Rubi was still keeping booths not open to seating, so that there was social distance between customers. I support all wearing masks. I also support people being able to eat in restaurants. Some villagers are under 60 - their chance of becoming seriously ill is very, very low and their chance of death is less than one in 10,000, as I understand it. Driving in a car or catching a different disease also poses such risks - there is risk in life, we cannot live a life with zero risk.

So wear a mask to protect others and yourself. That is no great inconvenience, and may even save a life. If you choose to eat out, it is up to you after carefully considering your situation and the practices the restaurant is choosing.

I believe all restaurants should choose masks/face shields for servers - I believe some should restaurants should maintain 50 or 25 percent capacity if they can continue to stay in business with those numbers. I believe some should be able to fill their dining rooms, posting signs that they allow a full restaurant.

Our small businesses and restaurants are so important, and should not be forced out of business when it is possible for the vulnerable to avoid the venues. If your personal health risk is minimal - if you are not among those with conditions that put you at serious risk , then its great to support business. -

Of course, follow all CDC advise for those with your health conditions and in your age group, which includes much extra care with exposure if you are in a vulnerable group. But I am OK with those who have no serious risk going out to dine. (If they live with those who are vulnerable I hope they act appropriately, however, and I hope they wear masks when they cannot socially distance outside the home).
Old 10-08-2020, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
Have no plans to eat inside at any restaurant. I have no concerns about outdoor seating. I get that Desantis is trying to protect the economy in a state that has no income tax but I'm continuing to look out for myself.
Everyone needs to have your attitude look out for yourself, if you are uncomfortable in a situation take precautions or go home. Those with issues are the most vulnerable.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:31 AM

Lopez, I Hop, Eatons Beach and Gators full with social distancing
Old 10-08-2020, 09:24 AM

I was at Sonny’s LSL yesterday and they are still doing inside seating at 50% capacity with thorough sanitizing between diners. All staff wore masks.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Maybe it’s the fish smell?
Yay thanks for being funny reading all this it’s like I’m being lectured to by my parents
Old 10-08-2020, 11:44 AM

We go put to dinner 2-3x per week. I hope that those that are going to restaurants are tipping generously. If you can afford to go out to dinner, consider that the workers are trying to make a living with 1/2 the number of customers.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

We go out and assume everyone not wearing a mask is dangerous to us so we bypass those places. Plenty of places to eat where management is trying to be cautious. Friends of ours in Orlando has been to a restaurant that had a no mask section. If you come in without a mask you are seated in that section with like minded people, if you come in with a mask you are seated with other like minded people. If you come in a group and you wear a mask and the others in your group don't, they give you choice. Kinda like the no smoking sections of old.....sounds like a viable plan to me.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-08-2020, 08:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Most places are being conscientious and I have been going out to eat and dancing. Thrilled to see things happening again. I have been out about about since early June, back to NJ and back here again. Leaving big tips for staff at restaurants. What restaurants can survive at 50 percent capacity? Some people have to earn a living, in case you have forgotten.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Thai Ruby

[QUOTE=lindaelane;1844509]Thai Rubi was still keeping booths not open to seating, so that there was social distance between customers. I support all wearing masks. I also support people being able to eat in restaurants. Some villagers are under 60 - their chance of becoming seriously ill is very, very low and their chance of death is less than one in 10,000, as I understand it. Driving in a car or catching a different disease also poses such risks - there is risk in life, we cannot live a life with zero risk.

So wear a mask to protect others and yourself. That is no great inconvenience, and may even save a life. If you choose to eat out, it is up to you after carefully considering your situation and the practices the restaurant is choosing.

I ate at Thai Ruby today at 4:45 and there was no problem social distancing. Waitresses were wearing face masks/face shields. I felt safe and really enjoyed the panang chicken.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
We had dinner there last night (Wednesday) indoors and it was very busy.
Were they (Bone Fish) distancing the tables? Do they have their tables close to the booths?

Last edited by coffeebean; 10-09-2020 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

As of this past week, Pho Saigon still had half of their tables taken out and many feet between tables. Servers wearing masks. It's the only time we've eaten inside at a restaurant since lockdown. First time there. Our plan was to just do takeout if seating was at 100%.

I wonder what restaurants do when Snow Bird season starts. That is their bread-and-butter season.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfrench View Post
Lopez, I Hop, Eatons Beach and Gators full with social distancing
So... you're doing a bit off driving when you go out to eat.
Closed Thread

Tags
seating, empty, bonefish, restaurants, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.