Evan's Prarie 1/17/20-

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2020, 08:04 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelinda91 View Post
Please post places to eat that are good. I’ve been going to TV for years and always find it difficult to go out to eat. Most places are old, run down and not kept clean. Country clubs are definitely not gourmet eating. I did notice Arnold Palmer redid their chairs, almost all were rip and torn for some time. Same restaurants in every square and one is no better than the other. You would think during the summer slow time a major cleanup would take place. Looking for good food, clean atmosphere, any help would be appreciated!

Probably not the correct thread, but Bluefin Grill.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:06 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

We also ate at Evans last Saturday. Service and food outstanding. Had the fish and chips and was one of the best I've ever had around here. No grease! That's the mark of a kitchen that knows when to change it's oil and not to fry anything unless the temperature is correct. Mrs. Aloha had the haddock and said it was cooked perfectly.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Why dump on the server, they have absolutely no control over the operation of the restaurant. If the food was so bad you should have not eaten it and called for the manager. That is the only person who can rectify the problem and I wouldn't pay for a meal poorly prepared meal.
Did not dump on server-reread my post. In,fact gave her a 25per cent tip. Did not ask for anything. Told her after all transactions by our group were finished----- very quietly so no others would be aware. Though she should know since she would be the one beat up by more strident customers.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:43 AM
Default Tell management and don't pay for dinner

I also agree that telling waitstaff is useless. Tell the manager - in my opinion most people are hesitant to complain in person but fine behind a computer screen. That was nice a 25% tip but doesn't solve problems for others that get bad food there.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:50 AM

It seems nobody goes there anymore because it’s so crowded.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Did not dump on server-reread my post. In,fact gave her a 25per cent tip. Did not ask for anything. Told her after all transactions by our group were finished----- very quietly so no others would be aware. Though she should know since she would be the one beat up by more strident customers.
You need to reread your post, you said "Did not make a scene but, informed waitress after paying that we were extremely displease with what came from the kitchen and would not be disposed to eat there again." You voiced your displeasure with the person with the least ability to correct the problem. The manager is the one who should have been told this. Your tip doesn't mitigate the the displeasure she received from you. The tip was for service not the food.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:32 AM

Eating out on a Monday or Tuesday evening and you’re likely not getting the “A” Team, after all Villagers wanted days off when they worked for a living. In the restaurant business that’s usually Mondays and Tuesdays for full time prime staff. Best days are Wednesdays thru Saturdays to eat out, otherwise it’s no different than Vegas, just a gamble That may or may not pay off.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:45 AM

Very happy with Tierra Del Sol and the food service after many visits since August. We have not a bad experience yet and others indicate the same good food and service. Yes, servers are busy .Just my personal exp.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:57 AM
Default Agree

We removed this restaurant from out list of places to eat almost 2 years ago. It was noisy (there were 4 of us and we had to almost shout to the person next to us), the food was nothing special and it wasn't a good experience. Some of the country club restaurants are outstanding, some aren't even worth trying. Favorite is Arnold Palmer, they never disappoint. And if you're having a special occasion, they have an unbelievably good Chateaubriand. It's amazing.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Bummer.
great comment
Old 01-21-2020, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
the Admiral had the lobster imperial , it was kept under the warmer too long and was dried out, my sea bass was perfect, the Bonefish replaced her dish and removed the charge from the bill, during high season all staff is over burdened, in all restaurants and its up to you to not settle--
We had dinner out last week at Bonefish ( Top Gun) and myself --- everything was great, only problem they do not have "Ciroc Ten Vodka" seem Top Gun only enjoys Ciroc
Old 01-21-2020, 10:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
Last time I had a drink at Evans Prairie at the bar, I experienced something that made me never want to go to that place again. I ordered a martini with olives. In the preparation for the drink, the bartender engaged in spearing the olives for my drink. This is what she did. She took the spear and laid the olives on the service mat where bar servers would place their trays to pick up drinks. The mat in most bars is soaking wet with spilled drinks, debris from cleaning clothes and other unmentionables. By placing the olives on the service mat, she gained the leverage to spear the olives by just holding them gently with her fingers. So, she managed to place the three speared olives into my martini. I managed to avoid drinking the martini. Not everything requires the assistance of a manager....especially my feet as I left the establishment...never to return!
I can't believe this really happen Sorry
Old 01-21-2020, 11:08 AM

We have found the same problem almost everywhere we go in The Villages. Thought we'd try Glenview after golf the other day, since it's under new management (Suleimans). It was awful. My husband said his grilled chicken sandwich tasted metallic, so he left it on his plate. My chicken quesadilla was rubbery, cold, and almost void of chicken. What was supposed to be Pico de Gallo looked like a bunch of pale chopped tomatoes and onion piled on the plate. The sour cream was warm, and I was afraid to eat it. Awful stuff! I guess we should have known, since our last experience eating there over two years ago was terrible. There was raw bacon on our club sandwiches. New ownership doesn't seem to have changed a thing. We won't be dining there again. What a shame what has happened to the restaurant at one of the most beautiful country clubs in TV. Same is true of Palmer. They could really be showplaces, if someone cared enough and had the real know-how for running a restaurant. Palmer and Glenview restaurants used to be places to take visitors; now the dining rooms look tattered and old, and the food is barely edible. Sad.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:14 AM

We've had only one meal I would classify as poorly done (a sandwich at lunch over a year ago). EP remains one of our favorites along with Legacy, Chop House and Havana). We generally go late afternoon (especially in high season) and have not been disappointed. Charlie, our waitperson, assures all is cooked to our satisfaction. Ivan, the manager, would have certainly rectified the situation if he had known. Most restaurant goals are satisfied diners, let them know immediately if something is not to your liking.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:39 AM

It seems like Ma and Pa Kettle, upon relocating from Tree Bud , Ohio, have developed snobbish epicurean taste buds. Should’ve moved to Boca, Del Ray or South Beach once they noticed Bob Evans and Golden Corral.
We cook at home and have tasty peaceful meals.
Via Ann Arbor, Honolulu, NYC(UWS)
Closed Thread

Tags
chicken, fettuccini, dry, tasteless, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.