Evan's Prarie 1/17/20-

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2020, 05:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoNative View Post
What about Evans’ breakfast? I’ve heard good things, but have never gone.

Unfortunately, I agree with pdfortin’s assessment of restaurants here.
We tried breakfast. The person who making omelets, and waffles was MIA. We were seated, employees disappeared. Granted we were 15 minutes after opening, and only 4 other tables were seated.
Someone finally Came out sent the omelet person out. She made one, and left again before I could walk from one side of the buffet to the other.

When staff came back 2 tables had left without eating. Management not available. We only had coffee, which was Luke warm. Offered to pay for coffee, left with out eating.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
......... Did not make a scene but, informed waitress after paying that we were extremely displease with what came from the kitchen and would not be disposed to eat there again.
Why inform the waitress? Did you ask to speak to the manager? That is the only way the food can improve.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilagy View Post
I also agree that telling waitstaff is useless. Tell the manager - in my opinion most people are hesitant to complain in person but fine behind a computer screen. That was nice a 25% tip but doesn't solve problems for others that get bad food there.
Exactly!
Old 01-25-2020, 04:50 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Please let me know which restaurants you enjoy both in and outside TV. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:01 PM

I think you should have showed a manager as how can they improve if the manager isn’t made aware of how bad the food is? The manager would have likely gone back on kitchen to help improve the food for others eating there that day or night if you had told them. I would have asked for another dish of that fettuccini for sure on the spot and asked the manager if he would eat that?

You should have told a manager about that as your issue is still non-existent and unknown and that’s bad. Just have them make you another drink and no olives! That’s simple isn’t it?? Why just get mad and leave? Makes no sense to me why people do that and never care to help improve something? The next customer had that happen too as you didn’t make a difference for people after you. I would have been assertive on that teaching moment!

Last edited by Moderator; 01-28-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

FMK Restaurants operate those establishments. I would send an email via their website to corporate and let them know your experience.

FMK Restaurants

FMK Restaurants Contact Us
Old 01-28-2020, 07:08 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmfltz13 View Post
It seems nobody goes there anymore because it’s so crowded.
A little redundant don't ya think?
Steve
Old 01-28-2020, 09:38 PM
Michael Charles

I stopped going there for breakfast over a year ago. I had 2 very unsatisfactory experiences and I did speak to the manager and voiced my concerns. One major concern was about the quality of the food offered in the buffett line (not warm, dry and the bacon broke when putting it on the plate) the 2nd was the price increase of $2 on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't mind a price increase if more selections were offered to justify the increased price. It was exactly the same as the weekday offerings. The manager looked me square in the eye and said it was because they're were more customers on the weekend! I told him because if that I won't be back ever again. If they've improved since then well good for them. I'll continue to go to cracker barrel, its ALWAYS consistent, IMHO.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
I stopped going there for breakfast over a year ago. I had 2 very unsatisfactory experiences and I did speak to the manager and voiced my concerns. One major concern was about the quality of the food offered in the buffett line (not warm, dry and the bacon broke when putting it on the plate) the 2nd was the price increase of $2 on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't mind a price increase if more selections were offered to justify the increased price. It was exactly the same as the weekday offerings. The manager looked me square in the eye and said it was because they're were more customers on the weekend! I told him because if that I won't be back ever again. If they've improved since then well good for them. I'll continue to go to cracker barrel, its ALWAYS consistent, IMHO.

Maybe the $2 hike is because they have to pay help more on the weekends.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:11 AM
Veteran member

Disagree with your exaggerated comments. Suggest you eat at home
Old 01-29-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage

We have just about given up on eating out in TV, used to go to the Cane @ least once a week, Arnold Palmer once a week & Bonefish once a week

The menus a @ Arnold & the Bone need a little more variety--too boring

Only places we eat out now are Bamboo Bistro, Sakura & believe it or not the Glenview
Old 03-07-2020, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranford61 View Post
It seems like Ma and Pa Kettle, upon relocating from Tree Bud , Ohio, have developed snobbish epicurean taste buds. Should’ve moved to Boca, Del Ray or South Beach once they noticed Bob Evans and Golden Corral.
We cook at home and have tasty peaceful meals.
Via Ann Arbor, Honolulu, NYC(UWS)
I saw your jab at Ohio and then see you are from Michigan.

I personally enjoy Bob Evans.

And BlueFin.

But really like my own cooking best.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelinda91 View Post
Please post places to eat that are good. I’ve been going to TV for years and always find it difficult to go out to eat. Most places are old, run down and not kept clean. Country clubs are definitely not gourmet eating. I did notice Arnold Palmer redid their chairs, almost all were rip and torn for some time. Same restaurants in every square and one is no better than the other. You would think during the summer slow time a major cleanup would take place. Looking for good food, clean atmosphere, any help would be appreciated!
Try the Mallory CC. Great Service, good food reasonable price. Not a part of TV restaurant conglomerate that feels they have the monopoly and can gouge the snow birds.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I saw your jab at Ohio and then see you are from Michigan.

I personally enjoy Bob Evans.

And BlueFin.

But really like my own cooking best.
Directions to Ann Arbor from Tree Bud, Ohio. Hike north across the state line until you smell it, then travel west until you step in it.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
Try the Mallory CC. Great Service, good food reasonable price. Not a part of TV restaurant conglomerate that feels they have the monopoly and can gouge the snow birds.
Mallory is still owned and operated by the original owner who happens to be a professional chef and oversees the daily operation of his restaurant...
Closed Thread

Tags
chicken, fettuccini, dry, tasteless, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.