Fast Food Restaurants

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2021, 08:08 AM

Dairy Queen will be here soon. My siblings and I used to take our Dad to DQ every Sunday for lunch. He loved getting the ice cream bar to take home. Then he got a girlfriend and she joined us. We were regulars and they knew our order. We loved it!
Old 02-10-2021, 08:41 AM

My 80 lb dogs love the dollar menu at mcdees
Old 02-10-2021, 08:48 AM

Ruby Tuesdays is good I get emails from them with their deals. Mission bbq also
Old 02-10-2021, 08:49 AM

Yes! Everything here is higher. We are retired, that’s why we moved here.not enjoy the lifestyle on our budget. Not anymore as you learn. All has changed!
Old 02-10-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaVillagers View Post
We are curious as to how many fast food restaurants are in TV? Also, do you find the prices to be higher than they were where you used to live? I've already seen where Steak-n-Shake is higher than here in Georgia. We won't be able to afford to eat in the higher end restaurants that often. I see a lot of those type restaurants mentioned and rarely see anything about McDonalds, Chili's, Applebees, etc. Thanks!
Fast food, really? Fastest way to a coronary. Eat at home.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:14 AM

Almost every restaurant these days has a loyalty program, even the fast food chains. If economics is leading you to fast food then make sure you download their apps. There are some great deals to be had!
Old 02-10-2021, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
If you post that you like fast food people say stuff on here to make you feel like you are white trash. Personally, I don't care what people think about my eating habits. I LOVE my junk food.

There are several McD's, Burger Kings, Wendy's, etc. At least one Applebee's that I know of, there may be more. There is a new chicken strip place called Huey McGoo's that I love.

I wish we had a Red Robin in the area. (I go up to Ocala occasionally to get my RR fry fix.) And I would give (almost) anything to have In-n-Out in Florida. Hope springs eternal!

I don't find prices to be higher here than up north but everything seems to have gone up a bit since the pandemic hit.

Welcome to The Villages!

kathy
As to what people think; I do not care. If, you do, and most people do, you give people power that should be yours.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
We are curious as to how many fast food restaurants are in TV? Also, do you find the prices to be higher than they were where you used to live? I've already seen where Steak-n-Shake is higher than here in Georgia. We won't be able to afford to eat in the higher end restaurants that often. I see a lot of those type restaurants mentioned and rarely see anything about McDonalds, Chili's, Applebees, etc. Thanks!
Prices up? It would take a lot of work to properly study prices. All prices have gone up over time. I remember my friend's father taking us by car, he was one of the few in our neighborhood that had a car. McDonald's burger was .15. I may be wrong but the fries
were less ???? .13. The ad was change back from you dollar.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,614 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlbonivich View Post
Ruby Tuesdays is good I get emails from them with their deals. Mission bbq also
I once saw a sign outside a Ruby's Tuesday that said, "20 entrees for less than 10 dollars". But, when I went inside and ordered 20 entrees, I found out it was false advertising.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
I cook and eat at home.
Hard to believe, but we NEVER eat out. Have spent the last 3 Decembers in TV without ever setting foot into a restaurant. We pack food & snacks in the cooler for the ride down from Ohio, same going home. First stop upon arrival in TV is the grocery store where we stock up on all needs.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:23 PM

Thanks for the input. We are still a few years out from our move to TV. Right now, I am trying to put together as comprehensive a budget as I can before we move so I can be better prepared to how much it's going to cost to live there. The input from current villagers is an invaluable tool and is much appreciated. My wife and I love watching the videos that villagers put on their youtube channels. The only thing is we don't always relate to them because we are middle-class citizens and won't have the money to eat at country clubs and other upscale establishments. At least not on a weekly basis. I'm hoping that one day, someone will start showing videos that we can better relate to. I'm sure we can't be the only ones who will be living in TV that won't live the affluent lifestyle portrayed in most online videos.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Wow! I don't know if the prices are higher, but you are going to love The Villages. There are plenty of fast food restaurants of almost every type.

But, that don’t mean there same where someone comes from
Old 02-10-2021, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the input. We are still a few years out from our move to TV. Right now, I am trying to put together as comprehensive a budget as I can before we move so I can be better prepared to how much it's going to cost to live there. The input from current villagers is an invaluable tool and is much appreciated. My wife and I love watching the videos that villagers put on their youtube channels. The only thing is we don't always relate to them because we are middle-class citizens and won't have the money to eat at country clubs and other upscale establishments. At least not on a weekly basis. I'm hoping that one day, someone will start showing videos that we can better relate to. I'm sure we can't be the only ones who will be living in TV that won't live the affluent lifestyle portrayed in most online videos.

IMO save you’re money eat at home majority of time. I won’t say most but some aren’t worth going to. I find groceries are higher where I came from. Also coupons in paper about every week for some savings?
Old 02-10-2021, 03:09 PM

I wouldn't know - since I haven't eaten from any of them in 47 years.
Old 02-10-2021, 05:25 PM

McDonald’s is much lower priced in Colony Cottage than my home. But that’s in Alaska, where a quarter pounder is $9.50
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, higher, food, fast, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.