Favorite Mexican Restaurant

Favorite Mexican Restaurant

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-05-2019, 08:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Ay Jalisco and Fiesta Grand both are excellent. Went to the one in Wildwood once..won't be going back. Taco Bell...that's a joke right?:

Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011

Old 09-05-2019, 09:29 PM

Fiesta Grande has been our go to location (we agree with all that’s been said about it)....but we are starting to favor Naldo’s Mexican kitchen on Wedgewood lane.

Both are golf cart accessible.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:41 AM
Gold member

Fiesta Grande has my favorite Fajitias of all time (only served at dinner time). It is called Fajitas Bruchetta. I always get the steak. OMG.....so delicious. These Fajitias do not come with the usual compliment of re-fried beans, salsa and tomatoes and shredded lettuce. This version of Fajitas has pineapple, green peppers, onions and the most delicious white cheese which melts on top.

Fiesta Grande has great Margaritas. I drink the classic one with lime and hubby gets the Strawberry Margarita. Both are the best we have had in The Villages.

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-07-2019 at 05:54 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:53 AM
Gold member

I know this is about Mexican restaurants in The Villages area but.....my absolute favorite place for Mexican Food has to be Jose Tejas in Iselin, New Jersey.

The reason I mention this restaurant is because the only item on a Mexican restaurant menu I order is Steak Fajitas. Jose Tejas is the only Mexican restaurant I have ever been to which serves the steak in 1" wide X 4" long pieces of cooked medium (pink inside) flavorful marinated steak.

Does anyone know of a Mexican restaurant in this general vicinity that serves the steak for Fajitas as I described above? I will go there, I promise!
Old 09-07-2019, 07:15 AM

Los Maguey's in Wildwood and Belleview is excellent. Food is great, they $1 taco Tuesday, and $1 Wednesday (Wildwood) Thursday (Belleview) enchilada night. Best happy hour anywhere in The Villages. Happy hour is all day every day. $1.25 for domestic pints, $1.75 for premium pints, and $3.99 for large margaritas.

El Toreo in Ocala is also excellent - some of the best food and salsa I've had anywhere.

Ay Jalisco has improved tremendously over the past 6 months - they were quite bland for a while, but apparently have new cook or cooks. The food is extremely good, and their salsa verde is the best in the area now - very tasty and the right amount of hot (and I like very hot!).
Old 09-07-2019, 07:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
<snip> Went to the one in Wildwood once..won't be going back. <snip>
The problem with this post is that there are two Mexican restaurants in Wildwood:
Casa Agave Mexican Grill, Wildwood Crossings
Los Magueyes Mexican Restaurant, Wildwood Shopping Center
Old 09-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Sage

I prefer Los Magueyas better, but you need to be aware that every year around this time there is about 6 weeks when it is awful. I asked about it once and it seems the chef takes a vacation back to someplace he calls home every year. And the food goes from great to terrible when he is gone. He is usually back around now. But don'e ever go in August.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
The problem with this post is that there are two Mexican restaurants in Wildwood:
Casa Agave Mexican Grill, Wildwood Crossings
Los Magueyes Mexican Restaurant, Wildwood Shopping Center
I was just about to post that info. The Casa Agave Mexican Grill is fairly new, it took over the space that was occupied by Beef O'Bray's next to Pizza Hut carry out. I've heard it was good, but for me to change from Fiesta Grande, it would have to be very good. The one in the Shopping Center near the post office is Los Magueyes and I believe the one Bosoxfan is referencing, and I agree with him 100%, went there once and will never go back. I ordered a taco and I pretty sure they used shredded roast beef instead of ground beef, it was awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean
Does anyone know of a Mexican restaurant in this general vicinity that serves the steak for Fajitas as I described above? I will go there, I promise!
You wouldn't be interested in Fiesta Grande, this photo was taken at Fiesta Grande. You have a cast iron plate filled with steak strips, peppers and onions still sizzling as it's placed on your table and a regular plate filled with the fixin's plus rice and beans, also sour cream which I have them leave off and three soft taco shells. I guess it's so popular on the lunch menu, I've seen the price go from $8.25, to $8.95 to now, it's $9.90, but still well worth it.

The Villages Florida
Old 09-07-2019, 11:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

You wouldn't be interested in Fiesta Grande, this photo was taken at Fiesta Grande. You have a cast iron plate filled with steak strips, peppers and onions still sizzling as it's placed on your table and a regular plate filled with the fixin's plus rice and beans, also sour cream which I have them leave off and three soft taco shells. I guess it's so popular on the lunch menu, I've seen the price go from $8.25, to $8.95 to now, it's $9.90, but still well worth it.

The Villages Florida
Fiesta Grand is our go to Mexican Restaurant here in The Villages. I'm used to the thin steak strips but this restaurant will never surpass Jose Tejas in NJ because of the taste and the size of the steak strips.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Sage

Casa Agave in Wildwood is my favorite. Naldo's is very good and handy by golf cart. Lazy Mac's Taco Shack has homemade Margaritas that are pretty darn authentic.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tags
mexican, food, restaurant, wildwood, agave