Favorite Mexican Restaurant

Favorite Mexican Restaurant

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 09-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Casa Agave in Wildwood is my favorite. Naldo's is very good and handy by golf cart. Lazy Mac's Taco Shack has homemade Margaritas that are pretty darn authentic.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By no means am I a Mexican food "aficionada" but I found the Chicken Fajitas and the refried beans at Nardos on 466 to be excellent. Of course a Margarita helps everything go down and whenever I say let's have Mexican DH says "you mean let's have a couple of Margaritas". (He's not wrong about that.) LOL

Edit: I see that I did not mention which restaurant the above was intended for -- NARDO's on 466 where the former Crisper's was located.

Last edited by BK001; 09-11-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Old 09-09-2019, 12:26 PM

I actually am not a big Mexican food fan, but my spouse and friends are. I usually order a quesadilla or chicken soup and always ask for mild salsa. We have always liked Habaneros in Leesburg and the Grill at Colony Plaza. Their new favorite is Las Brisas Del Mar on 441, but don't order the chicken soup. It was a large entire boiled chicken leg (thigh and drumstick with bones) in a bowl of broth with rice. It was GROSS! Everything else is good. We will try the other places mentioned here.
Does anyone know the name of the new place that replaced Crispers/Habaneros in Southern Trace?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2019, 01:04 PM

I second the La Fiesta Opinion. My wife are regulars on Wednesdays before 1500 (3:00 PM) to get the lunch special. We consider that pricing to be a great deal.
Best Mexican Restaurant in The Villages
Old 09-09-2019, 01:25 PM

Default Best Mexican Restaurant in The Villages

Hands down it is Fiesta Grande in Colony Plaza. Best margaritas anywhere, food is great and service is quick and friendly.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
<snip> Does anyone know the name of the new place that replaced Crispers/Habaneros in Southern Trace?
Naldo's Mexican Kitchen
Old 09-11-2019, 04:27 PM

My wife and I are new to The Villages. I grew up in Phoenix, Az which is Sonoran style Mexican fare. My favorite dishes are pork green chili burrito (burrito de chile verde con carne de cerdo) and cheese chili relleno (relleno de queso y chile). We are just starting to try Mexican restaurants in the area; but, Ay!Jalisco in Spanish Springs, and Brisas del Mar on 441 in Lady Lake are both very good as Mexican restaurants that I'm used to from Arizona.

Tags
mexican, food, restaurant, wildwood, agave