Thank you
Just type Fenney Grill in the search box. Already lots of threads on Fenney
Old 08-23-2017, 11:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise View Post
Reviews on Fenney Grill lunch or dinner

Thank you
Went 2 weeks ago for lunch. Nice menu and the food was good. An issue was the temperature in the restaurant. It had to be in the 50's. there were 2 couples that actually had blankets wrapped around them. We sat down and the seats and table top was ice cold. Finally went outside and waited for an exterior table on the porch. Server said they had a condensation problem so the temp had to be kept cold. ????⛄️⛄️⛄️. Don't know if it's been corrected.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise View Post
Reviews on Fenney Grill lunch or dinner

Thank you
Went for lunch with the hubby a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. Huge, fresh fried fish sandwich, good fries, cold beer.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:49 PM

We there Sunday for lunch. Sat at the bar. Service was excellent. Bartender Christian was great. Manager Kip was also great. Food was very good. Large portions. I've been there for breakfast a couple of times thought it was very good as well. Worth the drive!
Old 08-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

Have been there twice now, didn't have to wait, great waitress, good menu selections, everything was good including the prices. Glad to have it so near to home, we can walk there. I understand they will be open later starting this fall.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Platinum member
Default Disappointed

Arrived Saturday at 2:50 only to stand around wondering if we walk in & just sit down....2 minutes later the hostess shows up. I thought a smile & hello would be appropriate. How many? Lunch? Name? 15-20 minute wait. There were 2 in front of us to sit inside. We were seated at 3:15 and received our sandwiches at 3:40. We got a fish sandwich, hot Italian sub, 2 fries, coke & tea. The food was just ok. Server was slow in re-filling drinks until at the end of the meal. Saw dirty tables that remained dirty the whole time seated.

Upon entering a smile & hello goes a long way. And how about leaving too....thank you for coming.... hope you enjoyed your meal....have a nice life...SOMETHING.... Hostess was MIA coming & going. She seemed to spend more time in the kitchen away from the front door than greeting guests that bolted directly to the bar that were waited on by 1 barmaid that had a bar full. At least she was interested in her customers.

I hope this place makes it. Right now they have a lock on the area....there's nobody else....yet.

Last edited by F16 1UB; 08-26-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
Arrived Saturday at 2:50 only to stand around wondering if we walk in & just sit down....2 minutes later the hostess shows up. I thought a smile & hello would be appropriate. How many? Lunch? Name? 15-20 minute wait. There were 2 in front of us to sit inside. We were seated at 3:15 and received our sandwiches at 3:40. We got a fish sandwich, hot Italian sub, 2 fries, coke & tea. The food was just ok. Server was slow in re-filling drinks until at the end of the meal. Saw dirty tables that remained dirty the whole time seated.

Upon entering a smile & hello goes a long way. And how about leaving too....thank you for coming.... hope you enjoyed your meal....have a nice life...SOMETHING.... Hostess was MIA coming & going. She seemed to spend more time in the kitchen away from the front door than greeting guests that bolted directly to the bar that were waited on by 1 barmaid that had a bar full. At least she was interested in her customers.

I hope this place makes it. Right now they have a lock on the area....there's nobody else....yet.
Are you asking us to convey your suggestions to management?
Why didn't you?
Old 08-26-2017, 09:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why didn't you?
If management cared about the experience, they'd ask before you left. We had a similar experience in early July, and you asked the same question. Did we complain to management? Management is obviously MIA, and doesn't seem to care if folks are satisfied.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why didn't you?
Bogie -- not everyone wants to complain to management! Very unpleasant for all concerned.
We never complain -- we just don't go back!
Old 08-27-2017, 07:01 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,445 Posts

between my wife and I and wife and her friends we have been their a total of 5 times. Always a pleasant experience for both of us both with service, friendliness and food. We are glad to have it so near to us. Whenever we have a bad experience at a restaurant we give it a second chance, if sill bad we simply stay away. If you go in thinking it will be bad, it will be bad no matter what they do, go in with a positive mind and it usually ends up being a good experience. There are lots of reasons for having bad service, maybe that day there were employees missing or management missing, it happens. We have been to several of the country club restaurants twice and will not go back, we also will not bad mouth or name them, we just stay away.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:51 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Went there for late lunch couple weeks ago with friends.

1. Surprised with the building progress; hadn't been there for 3 months (tour). Shouldn't be surprised tho - this IS TV...
2. The area is so different from TV "North of 44". rustic, country, peaceful, etc.
3. The Rec Center is so nice - and the Sales area depicts what is coming and will be down there.
4. the Boardwalk was not open then - but...what a nice feature.

The Grill:
1. Food was pretty OK, actually quite.
2. Service just fine,
3. Sat inside - too hot out, but the screened in patio next to great pool...nice.
4. Our only negative (and it was HUGE). The restaurant has all hard surfaces - so nothing to absorb noise. And there was PLENTY during our 80 minute stay. Bar (center of seating areas) was full and boisterous. Sam, Diane, Woody, and Carla were hoppin'. Cliff was yappin', and when this big guy came in they all yelled "NORM!!!". Kidding - BUT - OMG WAS IT LOUD!!! Non-stop from minute 1 to 80. It was one of those 'I can't hear so I'll just speak LOUDER'. Multiply that by 30 and no db absorption. I was going to mention it to the bartender but he was one of the loudest. We wrote it off to the booz and happiness - so be it. But if this is the "Norm" (sorry...) they should look into sound-sucking materials. We will definitely give FG another go - perhaps on the patio once the 80s return.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
between my wife and I and wife and her friends we have been their a total of 5 times. Always a pleasant experience for both of us both with service, friendliness and food. We are glad to have it so near to us. Whenever we have a bad experience at a restaurant we give it a second chance, if sill bad we simply stay away. If you go in thinking it will be bad, it will be bad no matter what they do, go in with a positive mind and it usually ends up being a good experience. There are lots of reasons for having bad service, maybe that day there were employees missing or management missing, it happens. We have been to several of the country club restaurants twice and will not go back, we also will not bad mouth or name them, we just stay away.
And that's the whole point.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:13 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Same here. There are restaurants I don't go to and some I don't like. I have no need to complain about them I just don't go. Other people like them and that's fine by me.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:20 AM
Sage

You not doing a service to anyone by not being critical--if a place is not good, future customers should be warned and the restaurant should be given a heads up, to what their doing wrong
Closed Thread

Tags
grill, fenney, dinner, bar, reviews

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.