Fenney Bar and Grill

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2017, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
You not doing a service to anyone by not being critical--if a place is not good, future customers should be warned and the restaurant should be given a heads up, to what their doing wrong
But everyone has different expectations and views. I have never eaten octopus and I will never eat octopus, I wasn't brought up eating octopus, but I was brought up eating souse and headcheese and calf brains. We are all different. That doesn't mean we are more skilled at assessing food, just different.

I stop going to places that people find mice in the salad. I can't help myself. One's man's liver and onions is another man's yucky.

BUT someone can ruin a "decent" restaurants business by nay saying it without reasonable cause. I don't care what kind of booze is served. I don't drink anymore. I found I wasn't any good at it.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
You not doing a service to anyone by not being critical--if a place is not good, future customers should be warned and the restaurant should be given a heads up, to what their doing wrong
There are more than enough critics out there. My one voice won't be missed.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:33 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
I don't feel it's my job to "warn" anyone if I don't like a restaurant. We all have different tastes. Some people are more tolerable than others. What bothers one person, may not bother me at all. I never listen to reviews if I haven't tried a place. I have to decide for myself. I don't need anyone to decide for me.
Even restaurants I like have things I don't like, but I wouldn't tell anyone not to order something. It could be just my taste buds.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I don't feel it's my job to "warn" anyone if I don't like a restaurant. We all have different tastes. Some people are more tolerable than others. What bothers one person, may not bother me at all. I never listen to reviews if I haven't tried a place. I have to decide for myself. I don't need anyone to decide for me.
Even restaurants I like have things I don't like, but I wouldn't tell anyone not to order something. It could be just my taste buds.
Bonny, I agree with you. I usually do not write negative reviews and I do like to try places myself.

And, I especially agree with you that some people are "more tolerable" than others.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I agree with Chatbrat. This forum is a conversation, and not a complaint board per se. A candid summary of your experience is always appreciated both good and bad.

If you see a movie, or eat in a restaurant, we expect your honest opinion. If you rave about every movie, or every restaurant, one begins to wonder if you're a Pollyanna or just have low standards--or maybe no taste. I have no axe to grind when we try a new restaurant. Would it be more reasonable to try a particular restaurant five times before you express an opinion publicly. Perhaps, but we're not professional restaurant critics, and we'd like to be impressed whenever we eat out. If a restaurant fails in TV, it's probably due to poor management than bad reviews on TOTV. It's also human nature to "complain" about poor food or poor service, than offer praise when it's due.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:22 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
I agree with Chatbrat. This forum is a conversation, and not a complaint board per se. A candid summary of your experience is always appreciated both good and bad.

If you see a movie, or eat in a restaurant, we expect your honest opinion. If you rave about every movie, or every restaurant, one begins to wonder if you're a Pollyanna or just have low standards--or maybe no taste. I have no axe to grind when we try a new restaurant. Would it be more reasonable to try a particular restaurant five times before you express an opinion publicly. Perhaps, but we're not professional restaurant critics, and we'd like to be impressed whenever we eat out. If a restaurant fails in TV, it's probably due to poor management than bad reviews on TOTV. It's also human nature to "complain" about poor food or poor service, than offer praise when it's due.
I don't believe it's "human nature" to complain. If I did complain, it would be my honest opinion. I just don't like to complain.
It's like when people complain about an Italian restaurant saying it's the worst they ever had. It's almost always about the flavor of the sauce. Our taste buds are all different.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:26 PM

It is good for us.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I don't believe it's "human nature" to complain. If I did complain, it would be my honest opinion. I just don't like to complain.
It's like when people complain about an Italian restaurant saying it's the worst they ever had. It's almost always about the flavor of the sauce. Our taste buds are all different.
Conveniently taken out of contex. My comment was an observation that people will more often report a bad experience than take the time to write a positive review. It's wrong. If you're going to report your restaurant experiences, please share both positive and negative. I'd personally love to hear about any restaurants that you've tried and decided not to return. We're trying to have a conversation.
Old 08-27-2017, 03:44 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Conveniently taken out of contex. My comment was an observation that people will more often report a bad experience than take the time to write a positive review. It's wrong. If you're going to report your restaurant experiences, please share both positive and negative. I'd personally love to hear about any restaurants that you've tried and decided not to return. We're trying to have a conversation.
I just reread the post. Not sure how it was taken out of context.
I thought I was having a conversation here.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:01 PM

Fenney Grill is a busy place. Went there at 1:30 today......an hour wait for two people.
I'll try again sometime.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:08 PM

We've been there in the past for lunch and breakfast. I thought it was great. Went Sunday about 10:30 AM. Half hour wait and the food was so so. I think they need more help. Alot of empty tables. I'll give it another shot.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Thumbs up

I liked their grilled chicken sandwich.

Breakfast - Lunch - Casual Dinner | Fenney Grill
Old 10-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We went on Saturday for lunch. We are on a hot streak. Another fantastic lunch and our waitress was very good. Try to fit in the Onion Rings. Even if the Weight Watchers Police is watching just test a couple of them. I love Fenney. I thought the whole moving thing was put to sleep but it's been put on the front burner again. We'll see.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
We went on Saturday for lunch. We are on a hot streak. Another fantastic lunch and our waitress was very good. Try to fit in the Onion Rings. Even if the Weight Watchers Police is watching just test a couple of them. I love Fenney. I thought the whole moving thing was put to sleep but it's been put on the front burner again. We'll see.

Good for you man. You’re a great guy. Go for it, Fenny is the new black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2017, 06:54 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

It's amazing how fast these homes are going up down here. The putt and play is a huge hit as there are more and more players there every day especially on weekends along with the Croquette and Lawn Bowling. In a couple weeks the golf courses will be open and that should bring a lot more down just to try their unique designs out. They have already started the next village I believe named Desoto just east of Fenney.
Closed Thread

Tags
grill, fenney, dinner, bar, reviews

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.