The Fenney Grill from Farm to Table

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2017, 02:12 PM
Default Lunch at Fenney Grill

Went today to give it a try. Arrived about 12:15 and there was a 20 minute wait for indoor seating. Indoor seating at tables/booths will support about 50 customers plus another 15-20 at the bar. Outside seating available for about 50 more customers. Menu was a copy of TDS as stated earlier. Service was very good and the food was country club standard which means good, but nothing special. We probably won't make the trip just to eat there again but would go back if we were in the area for another reason.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I LOVE a fried egg samich every once in awhile. Sometimes with cheese and bacon but always with Hellmann's Mayonnaise.

YUM.
Gracie, dear. I'll join you for that sandwich!

I had read literally thousands of cookbooks, and remember reading way more than once that west of the Mississippi Hellman's is the same product as Duke's. Have you ever heard that? And have you seen the new commercials for Duke's on the TV? wonder what's up with that.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Platinum member

We've been away for three months and decided to try Fenney Grill for lunch yesterday on our first day back. At 1 PM there was a 20 minute wait for a table, so we ate lunch at the bar. The Boulevard IPA was very good. Service was fine. However we were disappointed with lunch. Wife had the corned beef sandwich and I had pastrami. The meat on both sandwiches was ice cold, just out of the fridge. What made it worse, the corned beef was unusually fatty. The fries and cavatappi macaroni salad sides were fine.

I realize that Fenney Grill has only been open 3 weeks but common sense should tell them that you can't take either of these two particular meats directly from the fridge, slap it between two slices of bread, and expect it to taste delicious!

We weren't expecting NYC deli or even Toojays deli, but this was sufficiently disappointing that we have no plans to try Fenney Grill again any time soon. Looking forward to Metro Diner opening in the fall.
Old 07-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
We've been away for three months and decided to try Fenney Grill for lunch yesterday on our first day back. At 1 PM there was a 20 minute wait for a table, so we ate lunch at the bar. The Boulevard IPA was very good. Service was fine. However we were disappointed with lunch. Wife had the corned beef sandwich and I had pastrami. The meat on both sandwiches was ice cold, just out of the fridge. What made it worse, the corned beef was unusually fatty. The fries and cavatappi macaroni salad sides were fine.

I realize that Fenney Grill has only been open 3 weeks but common sense should tell them that you can't take either of these two particular meats directly from the fridge, slap it between two slices of bread, and expect it to taste delicious!

We weren't expecting NYC deli or even Toojays deli, but this was sufficiently disappointing that we have no plans to try Fenney Grill again any time soon. Looking forward to Metro Diner opening in the fall.
Maybe you should have told them. No?
Old 07-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Maybe you should have told them. No?
No one asked if we enjoyed lunch or would we like something else, so we left with the impression that no one cares. We suspect the manager either has no experience in this type of business or that as long as people keep filling the restaurant every day that's all that matters. After all, we know you can't please everyone. Just hoped this was going to be a new find for us off the beaten path.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Gracie, dear. I'll join you for that sandwich!

I had read literally thousands of cookbooks, and remember reading way more than once that west of the Mississippi Hellman's is the same product as Duke's. Have you ever heard that? And have you seen the new commercials for Duke's on the TV? wonder what's up with that.

West of the Mississippi, Hellmans is called Best Foods.

Real Mayonnaise | Best Foods(R)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

had a burger today cooked perfectly, mid rare. service was good
Old 07-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,315 Times in 384 Posts

That menu is so boring I wouldnt waste gas in a golf art to get there.

Boring with a Capital B
Old 08-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Gold member

Visited Fenney today to look around and have lunch at the Fenney Grill. The village is really beautiful. I don't know anything about "old Florida," but this was very pretty.

Had a HUGE fried fish sandwich that was really good, fresh and crispy. Honey had a turkey sandwich that looked kinda plain to me, but he liked it. Very cold beer on tap.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
That menu is so boring I wouldnt waste gas in a golf art to get there.

Boring with a Capital B
Thank you, with a capital T. This will help the rest of us get a table more quickly.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:58 PM
Veteran member

You could have my table. The service was excellent. The drinks were good. The food was just average. Unless you live in Fenney I wouldn't waste the gas to go there.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:37 PM

We were there again today for lunch. They have great salads. Get there early. The place is packed by 12. It's almost a 30 minute drive from Summerhiil but worth it. We sit on the porch. Nice breeze even in the August afternoon.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Visited Fenney today to get my Fenney pin and checkout the Fenney Grill. As they didn’t have a menu to give to me, I took pictures of it for me and you. They are open from 8 A.M till 5 P.M. I assume the Sales & Information Center at the Fenney Recreation Center is a temporary location.

Dropbox - IMG_1835.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_1837.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_1838.JPG

Dropbox - IMG_1839.JPG

Breakfast menu

Dropbox - IMG_1842.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nho8uavbp2..._1843.JPG?dl=0

What's a Fenny pin?
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, menu, center, grill, information

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.