Fine meat store?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Taltarzac
Default Fine meat store?

Anyone know of a fine meat store in or near the Villages where you can get prepared fine meats like Chicken Kiev, kabobs, etc. We had a really great place where we used to live in Palm Harbor, Florida-- Harr's Surf and Turf Market http://www.surfandturfmarket.com/ -- but that is a long way (about 90 miles from TV) to go for these fine meats. They also had excellent beef-- steak and ground chuck?

Publix, Winn-Dixie, etc. cannot compare to Harr's. Perhaps, SweetBay will? http://www.sweetbaysupermarket.com/home.shtml
Old 10-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Default Re: Fine meat store?

I don't know about some of the things you ask for - but I hanker for a real butcher !! I'm from europe and we eat some stuff that never appears on shelves in USA supermarkets ..but is the best tasting stuff in the world ...I just want a butcher that knows what I want when I order calves sweetbreads 'cos I'm doing Riz De Veax tonite ...Dream on !!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:16 PM

Take a look at the Sweebay that's already open in Bellview. Great meats, and very cooperative butchers. The one in The Villages is set to open 10/27, and will be much larger. I've been looking for a real "old fashioned" butcher all over the place for 4 years, and have given up.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Veteran member

We have been using Bellview Meats on the southbound side of 441 in the first block north of 301 intersection. First time a little difficult to locate but it is one of the better meat markets we've found.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:25 PM

anyone know of a butcher or food store (deli?) that has prepared 'dinners? (home cooked meat, a potato, veggie, gravy, etc?).. frozen or thawed - pop in oven for 35 mins and its good to go.. something quite and easy for a future TV single?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:11 AM
Sage
Default Weirsdale Grocery

One of the contractors that worked at our house last week raved about the quality of the meats at the Weirsdale Grocery. The town of Weirsdale is 3-4 miles east of the Lady Lake Post Office on Route 25. The grocery was described as small and unassuming, located just a little east of the small Weirsdale "downtown".

I intend to try this place out soon, but I thought I'd pass along at least one recommendation from a "local". If anyone has tried this place, I'd like to know.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Pete

I would like to find a source for "smoked" meat. Smoked bacon, thick sliced, and smoked ham and smoked pork chops are my favs.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:44 AM

Keep us posted Kahuna... hopefully Weisdale is a combo 'homestyle German / Itailian Pork store' facility.....life is good!
Old 10-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Platinum member

ripwho:
Believe it or not, Publix does a nice job on your "prepared" dinners! Before I came to TV, I spent one Thanksgiving with my brother (not a Villager, but a Weirsdale resident) and his family. They have a very small kitchen and weren't about to cook a "traditional Thanksgiving Dinner" in it! So they ordered "the whole nine yards" from Publix.
There were some logistical ramifications to this (coordinating heating temperatures and times, and fitting everything in to the oven at once), which we overcame with "superior minds" at work! Food was very good, and plentiful!
I go away on a cruise now for this eating holiday, but I think my brother still does the Publix thing some years!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Eternal Member

I have not gone to it but there is also a butcher shop in Wildwood. If you are south on 301 it is on the left right past the mall that has the Radio Shack sign.

I am looking for ready made pork bracciola (sic). I used to get it at Shoprite in NJ. I have made my own but it is not as thin cut.

And as stated below, Publix has an area of already made meats including kabobs, etc.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Default 5 packages-$19.99

That's the sign on the meat market in Wildwood (301). Fresh cut meats just the way you want them when you call ahead. And we've gotten their chops on the 5 for $19.99 deal and they were superb. Haven't gotten to the Belleview market yet but plan on doing so soon.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,360 Times in 872 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Fresh Market in Cincinnati has the prepared meets like Chicken Kiev and other ready to cook specialty meat entrees. I am sure it is the same here.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:27 PM

Oh Yes Ms. Graciegirl the Fresh Market has wonderful prepared meats. This is a wonderful little store!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Smile Fine meats

What a great idea for a business! We go to a meat market in our city (Boca Raton) that is called The Meating Place.

This would be a must! One actually at The Villages would do great, I think.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Thumbs up

Try the new Fresh Market. They have a wonderful meat counter. All hand cut, no packaged meats..
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.