First & last trip to Bluefin

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2018, 11:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I'm sure there is absolutely no one that is surprised by this.
I was...... expected it weeks ago!
Old 10-14-2018, 01:24 AM

As a future Villager I can tell you I think I’ll be happy with the restaurants I’ve seen and eaten at there. I may have lower expectations but any time I don’t have to cook or clean dishes I’m happy!
Old 10-14-2018, 06:14 AM

I suggest that you professional restaurant critics visit Village Area Restaurant Review on Facebook. Check out what the norm says about Bluefin Grill and Bar.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
NOTHING but the most common commoner here. I don't drink, my wife has one or two drinks sometimes when we go out. She enjoyed a Florida Blueish/Greenish drink in a Martini glass, several of them. We have been there six times and like it a little better each time. We have no complaints because it meets our expectations. We look forward to going there because it is a nice place with great food and coffee.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Chatbrat one day at Xfinity. We spoke for a few minutes and lived 20 minutes from each other in N.J. I must say he is a very nice guy and I took a whole lot of shots at him before we met. He is in my estimation a good guy who is a tough nut to crack on restaurant issues. It is his choice to take those shots. This is a forum for giving and taking information and opinions. His normally don't align with mine but I do respect him very much after meeting him.

Anyone who served our country gets a pass with me on B.S. issues. What if everyone on here agreed on every issue?

Time to take cover! The Popcorn is Orville Redenbacher Brand, not store brand!
What a breath of fresh air post. Something that was an everyday occurrence for years, on this site If you didn’t like what someone posted, it was ok.

After all everyone is entitled to their opinion, without someone telling they they were not bright enough to do research, move to Orlando, or just outright bullying on a post.

Over the years I have read posts that would definitely make a new poster think twice about posting their own opinion.
For those that don’t drink you would have no idea, it’s a short pour. If you put vermouth in a glass it’s either a spray and dump, or pour in a glass swirl and dump. A martini glass should be filled to close to brim of glass either neat or otherwise.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
What a breath of fresh air post. Something that was an everyday occurrence for years, on this site If you didn’t like what someone posted, it was ok.

After all everyone is entitled to their opinion, without someone telling they they were not bright enough to do research, move to Orlando, or just outright bullying on a post.

Over the years I have read posts that would definitely make a new poster think twice about posting their own opinion.
For those that don’t drink you would have no idea, it’s a short pour. If you put vermouth in a glass it’s either a spray and dump, or pour in a glass swirl and dump. A martini glass should be filled to close to brim of glass either neat or otherwise.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:28 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post

Congrats to both of you. You are nice people. I definitely weigh all my words and delete a lot of my posts before I hit submit.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I find it amusing that some people move to "the middle of nowhere Central FL," to a retirement community where most people are on a fixed income, yet they are appalled when they can't find the "dining experience" that they demand. I think most people, before they make a move, do their research and define their priorities as to what they want in a retirement community and then decide what community is the best match to those priorities. The Villages may not be the dining experience that some enjoy, but, it is a conscious choice. We consider ourselves "foodies".... but this was our choice. So if we complained about restaurants in The Villages I would think we were reckless in our choice or just pompous in our attitude.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:18 AM

My wife and I had dinner there last week and both of us gave it 5 out of 5, but we did get wine rather than a martini. Food was great and priced accordingly. If we wanted cheap food we would have gone to McDonalds.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
NOTHING but the most common commoner here. I don't drink, my wife has one or two drinks sometimes when we go out. She enjoyed a Florida Blueish/Greenish drink in a Martini glass, several of them. We have been there six times and like it a little better each time. We have no complaints because it meets our expectations. We look forward to going there because it is a nice place with great food and coffee.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Chatbrat one day at Xfinity. We spoke for a few minutes and lived 20 minutes from each other in N.J. I must say he is a very nice guy and I took a whole lot of shots at him before we met. He is in my estimation a good guy who is a tough nut to crack on restaurant issues. It is his choice to take those shots. This is a forum for giving and taking information and opinions. His normally don't align with mine but I do respect him very much after meeting him.

Anyone who served our country gets a pass with me on B.S. issues. What if everyone on here agreed on every issue?

Time to take cover! The Popcorn is Orville Redenbacher Brand, not store brand!
You seemed to have learned a lot in just "a few" minutes.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You seemed to have learned a lot in just "a few" minutes.
Bonnie told me the same thing, Bogie. I know/knew both of them and both of their opinions have great value to me...……………………………...BUT

We all have been aggravated to death by something, someone on this forum. We only THINK we are all sweet souls and objective in our views. We have all had bad days, hurt somewhere, have recently lost someone, or are just plain annoying and have always been.

We don't have as much time left as we did yesterday and we still have the first amendment rights to make a fool of ourselves in print.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-14-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:56 AM

We had the same issue. We love Rob Roy's, that is our go to drink when we go out to eat at a "restaurant"as opposed to a pub. We ordered the scotch with one drop of dry vermouth stirred not shaken. I didn't see the bartender pour the scotch but I saw that she was holding a double shot glass when she picked up the vermouth and filled the small side 1/2 oz with vermouth. That is a far cry from a drop or 2. She started to shake the drink which killed us but we just smiled. When she delivered it we commented on the amount of vermouth and the fact that she was shaking it...( we both tended bar part time for over 30 years each and we know that shaking a drink adds volume...if I wanted a watered down drink I would order it on the rock) she told us that this was the way that they told her to make them. We kind of felt bad for her as she was just following the rules, so the lesson learned at Bluefin is if we want to enjoy their food it will be a beer or a glass of wine. We can go to Ricciardi 's enjoy a great drink and then go to Bluefin for dinner...
Old 10-14-2018, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I don't drink either. I was NEVER any good at it and addiction is a genetic quality so I quit. Too many addiction genes present in my family.

However, I am not a look down your nose at those who do person. There are some that the quality of booze and how it is prepared and served matter a lot. I wonder what percentage that would be? Ten %? There are those who have a very refined palate and can tell which side of the hill the basil and thyme was raised and that would be...…..4%?? There would be those who enjoy a well prepared meal not easily done at home and like "going out to dinner" and that would be 70%???

I guess I am impressed by the fine taste of others, but find it easier to enjoy if they don't brag about it. It doesn't take a house to fall on us to understand when someone is bragging and someone is refined. And sometimes they are both, I guess.

I brag too. You want to hear about our grandchildren?

Tags
bar, bluefin, martini, stop--, measurer--

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.