First Watch reviews

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2011, 06:10 AM
Default Coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalibaba View Post
Seasoned Potatoes are very good. English Muffins are awful. They need to use Thomas brand, toast them a bit longer and not smother them in butter.

Love all the complainers about price. Go here for $3.00, go here with a 20% off coupon, etc. If price is your primary goal you should try staying home for breakfast. Potatoes $2.50 for 5 lbs, eggs $1.29 a dozen and Bread at $1.50 a loaf. Add it up and you'll finally be happy.
where are the coupons?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
where are the coupons?
Suggest you ask zcaveman as he posted the following:

We will eat there again. But I will probably go to Denny's more than First Watch. They ARE cheaper and I have my 20% discount coupons.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Eternal Member

Coupons are in the ad insert sections in the Sunday newspaper. Longhorn, Olive Garden, Logan's, Red Lobster, Perkins, Denny's, TGIF to name a few. I also signed up at each site to get coupons by email. TooJays give great specials by email.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalibaba View Post
Seasoned Potatoes are very good. English Muffins are awful. They need to use Thomas brand, toast them a bit longer and not smother them in butter.

Love all the complainers about price. Go here for $3.00, go here with a 20% off coupon, etc. If price is your primary goal you should try staying home for breakfast. Potatoes $2.50 for 5 lbs, eggs $1.29 a dozen and Bread at $1.50 a loaf. Add it up and you'll finally be happy.

Today i asked for burned toast and cold coffee and cold eggs - the waitress told me she could not do that - but i told her i had that here yesterday
Old 09-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Veteran member

Mr.MAC9 and I had brunch there today. Nothing had any flavor. My roast beef sandwich was like eating unseasoned mushrooms. The tomato bisque soup was great. The pancakes that he had were dry and tasteless. Even butter and syrup couldn't help them. With 2 coffees, bill was $19.63 before tip. Didn't think that the prices were bad, just that the food was awful.
He had joined their club so that his meal was free with the coupon that we received. We will try it again and have something else. Could have been a bad day. Always like to give it a second try.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmeat View Post
No, just 20% tip
2 breakfasts @7.59= 15.18
2 coffees @2.39= 4.78
Tax @ 7% = 1.40
Total 21.36
Tip 4.00
Grand total 25.36

Add it up!!
YIKES! I go to the Fruitland Park Cafe next to the Dinner Bell. $3 breakfasts and coffee = 50 cents. Love that place!!! Has that old diner feel.

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 09-23-2011, 01:58 PM

I love fruitland park cafe and the dinner bell, great mom and pop places
Old 09-23-2011, 02:04 PM

Best darn pancake I have ever had. Yes, only one because it is huge and fills the entire dinner plate with pacan goodness in a unique and excellent batter. You can buy one or more. Less than $3 no coffee. Good service and very clean. I'll be back.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsandstrom View Post
Best darn pancake I have ever had. Yes, only one because it is huge and fills the entire dinner plate with pacan goodness in a unique and excellent batter. You can buy one or more. Less than $3 no coffee. Good service and very clean. I'll be back.
Went there this morning. Had a pancake... it was filling but far from what I would call the best I ever had. Hard to eat and it was kinda grainy. Too cakey. The syrup made it fall apart and hard to pick up with a fork. I also thought it was quite pricey. Wifey had wake-up special: 2 egs, homefries, etc and coffee. Me: 1 pancake, 2 link sausage, and coffee. Bill was still over $20. Get the same with more food in Belleview for $13. Probably won't eat there again.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:03 AM

So you'd spend gas money and time to drive to Bellview to save roughly $7.00?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfal View Post
So you'd spend gas money and time to drive to Bellview to save roughly $7.00?
Absolutely! But it doesn't cost me $7 to drive 8 miles and back. Plus, while in Belleview, I buy my bread at the Merita bread at $1.75 a loaf and I stop at the Market of Marion for my veggies that are half the price and fresher than any of any of the local Publix or Walmart markets. But beside the cost savings... the food quality, large portions, and service are better than any place I've found in my 10 years in The Villages. I figure my breakfast is almost free by the time I'm finished. But... to each their own!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Default Very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Noticed they are open now, anybody want to give us a review? In case some do not know, they are a restaurant that will serve until late afternoon only....Suppose to be a great place for breakfast....They are located where blockbuster use to be on 441/27...
Haven't been to this one, but there is one in New Tampa the we loved. Glad it's coming to TV. Only had breakfast there but doing a week stay, we ate there 6 times!

Don't think you can go wrong.

Butch
Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Platinum member

I thought it was quite pricey. Too much $$$ for me. Probably won't try it again!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe52 View Post
I love fruitland park cafe and the dinner bell, great mom and pop places
the Fruitland Park Cafe is definitely the best place around for breakfast and lunch, the dinner bell, not so much (mediocre food for good food prices)

eggs, bacon, toast are $1 each and coffee is .5o, I usually get the corned beef hash with 2 eggs over easy and toast = about $4.50 + .50 for the coffee
all cooked beautifully
Old 11-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Went to First Watch this morning with Pooh and our spouses. Good food and good company. I had the Pumpkin French Toast special and my wife had Eggs Benadict. We'll definitely go again!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.