Flippers near Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2017, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts
Default Flippers near Brownwood

So the pizza at the new location is wonderful....which was expected. The wait for it was 45 minutes which was not expected but I attributed that to the learning curve of the kitchen. The place was packed. While waiting I pondered....did they underestimate the volume of business the south would bring, was the crowd just checking out the place and would diminish after a period of time and if it doesn't where do they expand? As we were leaving, folks were still coming in.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-26-2017, 10:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

We left 51 minutes after our ordered and no pizza. Bad luck, maybe. One couple leaving said good food horrible acoustics.

Listening to hear what your experiences were...
Old 08-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Sage

No business is worth waiting 45 minutes. After all it's only pizza [emoji487]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2017, 06:14 AM

We dined there a few weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon. No wait, scrumptious pizza in about 10 minutes. Maybe word hadn't spread just yet of its opening.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:27 AM

For us take out at Flippers Brownwood is six minutes away. Best pizza south of 466 and no problems with a long wait to date.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We go to MVP Health Club @ Brownwood every morning and usually leave around 11:30, perfect time to lunch. We try to mix it up with something different everyday. The steak lunch fijitas for $8.99 at Fiesta Grande @ Colony is my favorite, we'll hit that every week. Also we go to McAlisters every week, they've got a lot of good club sandwiches to choose from. I like the Classic Breakfast at Bob Evans, scrambled eggs, slice of ham and 2 pancakes for $6.99. Since McDonalds has been running the 2 Egg McMuffins for $3.50 for many months, we'll fit that place in once in awhile.

We added a couple of new spots to our lunch. World of Beer on Mondays, nice hamburger for $5 but what was really good was the wings. I say better than Gators Dockside, but 5 for $7 is a little high, although they gave us 6. Gator's Dockside has a wings lunch special that's not on the menu, 6 wings, fries and cole slaw for $7.99 or for $10.99 you get 10 wings and the drink included. The only problem, they have 30 choices of wings and it's really hard to say, just give me Buffalo Wings, and they don't understand.

I bring up these places to show the variety and since opening, Flippers has been on our regular tour. Twice the first week and once the last two weeks. I guess lunch time is different, we never waited more than 15 minutes for 2 My Pies except once. At lunch drink is included for $6.99 with the My Pie and I really like the pizza. It's probably not good for me, but I'll just exercise a little more on those days. This past Friday was the exception, we waited 20 minutes but then we realized why. A large table was set up 11 employees of a electrical company who had ordered 4 large pizzas ahead. In addition I've noticed a lot of people coming in for carry out, I think the pharmacy at Publix was one. Pizza Hut and Dominoes in Wildwood will probably lose some business. I guess we beat the crowd, generally we're leaving as about a dozen people are headed in, so the secret is to get there about 11:30.

Last edited by John_W; 08-27-2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: corrected a price
Closed Thread

Tags
expected, place, diminish, business, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.