The Flying Biscuit has crashed!

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2021, 04:24 PM
Thumbs down The Flying Biscuit has crashed!

I went with 2 friends for breakfast at The Flying Biscuit in Sumpter Landing on Monday June 21st. Here is the list of problems we encountered:
The Bacon was burnt and greasy worst I ever tasted could not eat it.
The over easy eggs were broken and overcooked.
One pancake was not brought out with the order and only came after the person was done eating.
After I asked for a well toasted English muffin it came barely toasted at all. Then when I showed it to the waitress and she agreed and I asked for another one well toasted after about 10 minutes she brought back another one that again was barely toasted and she said "they said this is the best they can do" This was the worst part and it was not the waitresses fault but the cooks need to go! SAVE YOUR MONEY! The Flying Biscuit has crashed landed!
Old 06-24-2021, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,914 Times in 2,445 Posts

I find in most restaurants you think you have control over the cooking, but you get what they bring out. I NEVER ask for it to be taken Back and done over. Remember the song, “ no one knows what goes on behind closed doors” and if you did you wouldn’t be back.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 06-25-2021 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,036 Times in 5,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ View Post
I went with 2 friends for breakfast at The Flying Biscuit in Sumpter Landing on Monday June 21st. Here is the list of problems we encountered:
One pancake was not brought out with the order and only came after the person was done eating.
After I asked for a well toasted English muffin it came barely toasted at all. Then when I showed it to the waitress and she agreed and I asked for another one well toasted after about 10 minutes she brought back another one that again was barely toasted and she said "they said this is the best they can do" This was the worst part and it was not the waitresses fault but the cooks need to go! SAVE YOUR MONEY! The Flying Biscuit has crashed landed!
Who thought it was that hard to toast an English muffin. Learning new things every day
Old 06-24-2021, 06:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

I went there once and didn’t care for their menu.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:51 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

If you sit outside at breakfast you'll think you're in Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds.
There are a bunch of birds that sit on the umbrellas and roof, waiting for people to leave. When you do they all descend on the table and pick it clean.
I felt like Tippi Hedren.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:42 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I find in most restaurants you think you have control over the cooking, but you get what they bring out. I NEVER ask for it to be taken Back and done over. Remember they song, “ no one knows what goes on behind closed doors” and if you did you wouldn’t be back.
I whole heartedly disagree.If you don't bring it to management's attention they will never know they have a problem and the problem will continue. Sounds like a piece of equipment is failing. But they won't know it's a problem if you don't inform them. YOU are the customer. And although the customer is NOT always right, the customer's input is invaluable to letting ownership know there might be issues to deal with.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

We eat there every time we're down in TV...

So far, over a dozen times over the last 20 months. Never a bad meal... In fact, it's probably our favorite place for breakfast. Go figure...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-24-2021, 10:10 PM
Veteran member

Could be they recently hired inexperienced cooks because (like almost every other business in the country) they don't have enough employees. This post will probably get deleted if I say why that is but we all know the reason ...

kathy
Old 06-25-2021, 01:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,602 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post

So far, over a dozen times over the last 20 months. Never a bad meal... In fact, it's probably our favorite place for breakfast. Go figure...
Same, always have a good experience
Old 06-25-2021, 04:42 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post

Me too. No issues ever. And unless food is totally inedible, I would never send it back! You never know whats going to be added to it upon return
Old 06-25-2021, 04:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Just curious if you asked to speak to a manager about the poor food quality, and let the manager know. The server I am sure was aware of what was being sent out of the kitchen. Give the”Biscuit” another try could be just a bad day the cook didn’t show up.
Old 06-25-2021, 04:43 AM

Quote:
We were there about a week ago and had an overall good experience. Maybe it was just an off day for them?
Old 06-25-2021, 04:52 AM

We've been there a couple of times and have had very good service, especially from the wait staff. Maybe the cook is new, recently freed up from making solar cells?
Old 06-25-2021, 05:18 AM

Went there Saturday with friends, the service and food were great. We’ll continue to go to one of our favorites. Maybe you should just go somewhere else.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:26 AM

I’ve been there recently and found it great
Closed Thread

Tags
toasted, flying, biscuit, asked, worst

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.