The Flying Biscuit has crashed!

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2021, 09:48 PM

Last time I was there there was a long line and a forty-five minute wait to be seated. And the restaurant was only half full. Someone told me there was a staffing shortage. That no doubt affects the cooks too. Same problem everywhere. Needless to say, I left without breakfast.
Old 06-27-2021, 12:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

So I had to look up the restaurant as I had no i tea where it was. While on there site I took a look at the menu. There is so much that is offered it looked confusing. I started looking and reading and this is not for me. Chicken sausage, some type of funky bacon and a number of other things that seemed strange to me. Just not my type of breakfast place.
Old 06-27-2021, 07:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
So I had to look up the restaurant as I had no i tea where it was. While on there site I took a look at the menu. There is so much that is offered it looked confusing. I started looking and reading and this is not for me. Chicken sausage, some type of funky bacon and a number of other things that seemed strange to me. Just not my type of breakfast place.
Not a fan of chicken sausage anything, but their bacon is excellent. Four of us go to breakfast, order one breakfast tacos, one peaches and waffles, and 2 sides of bacon. Eat family style, and still have leftovers. If you grew up on grits, theirs are excellent, not my granny’s, but very good
Old 06-27-2021, 10:58 AM
Sage

IMHO - I found Victor at Darryl's Diner in Southern Trace makes great blueberry pancakes! He also makes a very good omelette.

I go to Billy's for omelettes. It's so hugh, I can only eat half and bring home the other half to be reheated for another meal.

Been to Flying Biscuit several times. Breakfast is not to my liking and somewhat expensive. I'm not a grits kind of guy.

My son loves "First Watch". Everybody's entitled to their opinion.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 06-28-2021, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
We eat there every time we're down in TV...

So far, over a dozen times over the last 20 months. Never a bad meal... In fact, it's probably our favorite place for breakfast. Go figure...
I agree, great place and good staff…one visiting and complaining over a few issues…
Old 06-28-2021, 05:59 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,106 Times in 1,338 Posts

Great shrimp and grits.
Closed Thread

Tags
toasted, flying, biscuit, asked, worst

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.