Fresh Market

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2018, 09:08 PM
Default Fresh Market

Fresh Market
3740 Wedgewood Lane
TV 32162

IMHO this is the best place for take out in TV.
Good Food and a reasonable price for good quality.
Nice selection of prepared salads. entre and desserts.
Also - faster than most take out restaurants.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilorilori View Post
Fresh Market
3740 Wedgewood Lane
TV 32162

I hear people say similar things all of the time, but I can't seem to find anything there that suits me. It is confusing. Lots of candy and expensive fish and not the kind of cold cuts I enjoy. And the front part, the porch, always looks like it is kinda dirty.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-07-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Gold member

We love their rotisserie chickens.. have one about every 10 days or so. My husband loves the prepared manicotti and of course it’s the only place we buy steak.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilorilori View Post
Fresh Market
3740 Wedgewood Lane
TV 32162

I agree. I hope there is a second Fresh Market at some point in the southern part of The Villages.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:00 AM
Sage

Seafood salad. I don't care if it's fake crab meat. Mmm mmm.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I love Fresh Market. It's the closest thing we have to the pre-Amazon Whole Foods.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I love Fresh Market. It's the closest thing we have to the pre-Amazon Whole Foods.
What do you buy regularly, C.????

Each time I enter with fresh hopes and never see much that calls out to me and it is lit like a cocktail bar. What's with that? Maybe because I shop for ingredients rather than prepared stuff. I just don't understand Fresh Market.

I didn't understand Aldi's until Tomwed mentioned he liked this or that there. I may be a slow learner.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-07-2018 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:08 AM
Sage

We like the routisserie chicken, the broccoli/cranberry salad is great as is the twice baked potato. I like several items from the gluten free selection and the produce is lovely. We don't make a weekly trek over there but need to get there this week. I've found "truth" in their meat being the best as well---even if it seems a bit pricey. Would rather have quality than "cheap".
Old 08-07-2018, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I love Fresh Market. The best butcher counter in the area, great cheese selection. very good prepared foods, wonderful wine selection and great produce. I like their deli counter and bakery. The only thing I don't buy there is fish. Lighthouse seafood market's fish is much better.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What do you buy regularly, C.????

Each time I enter with fresh hopes and never see much that calls out to me and it is lit like a cocktail bar. What's with that?
That's so you won't see the rotting fruit. (KIDDING)

My husband says their meat is exceptional, especially their pork tenderloins. They have Chilean sea bass (not sure if that is sustainably caught) that is excellent. They have cheese variety the likes of which are hard to find elsewhere. They have a paté my husband likes. I like their heirloom tomatoes, I LOVE their malted milk balls and the fact that you can buy jelly beans by the single flavor. Their cracker selection is unique, one of their yogurts (has ginger in it) can't be found anywhere else, and their frozen foods section has some pizzas and other items that are different and quite good.

They have a really wide selection of chocolate bars. That's just a start. I like their baguettes better than anyone else's, I like when they have a dozen rozes for $10, their baked goods--cookies and cakes--are unique, and, and, and...

I don't like to shop in a store that's lit up like a cafeteria. I like the lower lighting. But I think the lighting at Publix and Winn-Dixie are fine too, and not too bright.

They sometimes have adult spinach, which you can't get anywhere anymore except in the farmers markets and then only if you get there early. They have loose mushrooms.

They have wild caught shrimp and Key West pinks.

Fresh Market is an add-on for me. I don't go there for everyday goods like paper towels (don't have) or dish soap (do have).

But I'm not slamming Publix or Winn-Dixie. Overall, the grocery store experience is the US is second to none. Shopping in a large supermarket in Europe is like walking into a gymnasium past due for aeration. With klieg lights.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
That's so you won't see the rotting fruit. (KIDDING)

My husband says their meat is exceptional, especially their pork tenderloins. They have Chilean sea bass (not sure if that is sustainably caught) that is excellent. They have cheese variety the likes of which are hard to find elsewhere. They have a paté my husband likes. I like their heirloom tomatoes, I LOVE their malted milk balls and the fact that you can buy jelly beans by the single flavor. Their cracker selection is unique, one of their yogurts (has ginger in it) can't be found anywhere else, and their frozen foods section has some pizzas and other items that are different and quite good.

They have a really wide selection of chocolate bars. That's just a start. I like their baguettes better than anyone else's, I like when they have a dozen rozes for $10, their baked goods--cookies and cakes--are unique, and, and, and...

I don't like to shop in a store that's lit up like a cafeteria. I like the lower lighting. But I think the lighting at Publix and Winn-Dixie are fine too, and not too bright.

They sometimes have adult spinach, which you can't get anywhere anymore except in the farmers markets and then only if you get there early. They have loose mushrooms.

They have wild caught shrimp and Key West pinks.

Fresh Market is an add-on for me. I don't go there for everyday goods like paper towels (don't have) or dish soap (do have).

But I'm not slamming Publix or Winn-Dixie. Overall, the grocery store experience is the US is second to none. Shopping in a large supermarket in Europe is like walking into a gymnasium past due for aeration. With klieg lights.
VERY HELPFUL and many thanks.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:22 AM

Love Fresh Market . . . buy meats, seafood there . . . Like their Tuesday Specials: Chicken Breast/Ground Chuck $2.99 p/lb
Old 08-07-2018, 08:42 AM

I love Fresh Market for its large selection of Organic Food. I wish they had one in our neighborhood near Brownwood. We have Aldi's, which has the ambiance of a warehouse and a poor Organic vege selection.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:

Fresh Market is an add-on for me. I don't go there for everyday goods...

Me too. There are some things that I can find there that aren't easily found in Publix or Winn Dixie, such as Canned Lupini Beans, Dale's Pale Ale, Patak's Major Grey Chutney, Columela EVOO, Wild Planet Canned Tuna, Sir Kensington's Mustard, Sambal Oelek, Bob's Red Mill Muesli, Humboldt Fog Cheese and so on. I always have to look at the cheeses.

If I do find something in a regular market that usually comes from Fresh Market, it's usually markedly cheaper in the regular market.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

In the "old days" we'd go to the butcher for meats, the bakery for bread that they sliced on a machine for you, the green grocer for veggies, etc. I still shop that way here. Fresh Market for meat if I'm too lazy to drive to Costco, maybe some seafood if on sale otherwise Lighthouse on 466, Brownwood market on Saturday for greens and bread from the French Baker, and so on. Life is good with so many choices. Oh, yeah, and fill in the rest of the list from Publix or the Asian market in Orlando.

Tags
good, fresh, market, nice, prepared

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.