The Future of Restaurants

Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Actually, I don't remember SARS. Maybe things will go back to normal, but I can't imagine anyone forgetting the Coronavirus.
Time didn’t heal , SARS , a qualified government did
Old 05-17-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by remarks006 View Post
I wouldn’t miss any of the restaurants that are in ,The Villages, let’s close em all and give different places an opportunity.Lets face it if bars didn’t have to serve food, the Villages would be full of neighborhood taverns, with pretzels on the bar.
That is a bit harsh, there are quite a few good ones here
Old 05-17-2020, 12:46 PM

If you are laid off and drawing unemployment, once you are called back to work from where you were originally working, if you refuse to return you will be denied future benefits. Also if you refuse work that pays the same per hour and benefits that you originally had you can be denied.
Old 05-17-2020, 03:02 PM

Here's hoping that June 1st comes soon. That's the date I've heard for First Watch to open. Being an AVID breakfast eater, First Watch is definitely our favorite. A little pricey BUT always great food. Try the Floridian French Toast and ask for two compotes. Wonderful servers as well (Cara, Barbie, Shannon, Jen, Mia, Rachelle, Deb, etc) great at their job and friendly as well
Old 05-17-2020, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

The ones renting in Villages-owned space will be under greater stress. TV is well known for not budging on rent. They’ll let space remain vacant for a long time rather than agree to less than their asking rate.

Look for some in and around the town squares to go first. Katie Bell’s is already at the top of the list of failures.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,504 Posts
Default Answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcooper70 View Post
If half of all small businesses will go under from this .... why isn't the stock market much lower? And have the Morses given all their renters three months free to keep them in business?
An oversimplified but quick answer is that small businesses generally are not in the stock market.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:47 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

This just the beginning of the failures. Expect to see a lot of restaurants close and if people do not go out to eat more now that they are open, there will be even more failures. Everything will get back to normal again it always does but there are going to be a lot of dead leaves on the ground first.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:50 PM
Thumbs down

I enjoy the Restaurants for the most part in the Villages! How about the employees who lost or will loose there jobs?
Would you rather expensive places empty, because the average person cannot afford the prices, think about it?

[/B]
Quote:
Apparently, some restaurant experts think that about 25 percent of the restaurants in the country will close permanently. I think that may also be true in The Villages. In my opinion, the ones that will survive will be upscale restaurants and franchise chain restaurants, especially fast food places. The low priced, independent ones are less likely to remain. Personally, I will not miss any restaurant that goes away. The restaurant offerings will only get better when the Coronavirus crisis is over. I am interested in what others think.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:52 PM

Had a really good meal yesterday at Bluefin Grill & Bar

Servers were masked and gloved, diners were seated at 6' intervals.

As always, service was exemplary.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
The ones renting in Villages-owned space will be under greater stress. TV is well known for not budging on rent. They’ll let space remain vacant for a long time rather than agree to less than their asking rate.

Look for some in and around the town squares to go first. Katie Bell’s is already at the top of the list of failures.
Given what is going on they might have to cut their rents or look at large sections of empty storefronts
Old 05-17-2020, 07:37 PM

I spent 40 years supplying food products to hundreds of independent restaurants. When someone says I won't miss them, try to remember they are not always the best business people, but they are the hardest working and most passionate people you will ever meet. Their business is their life. The 25% failure number, to me, might be low. Don't forget to tip if you are financially able to. Support the independent restaurants - you would miss them if they don't survive this
Old 05-18-2020, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
When I hear people say things will never be the same I have to wonder. Remember SARS? It was really scary for a little while then we DID go back to normal. As they say, time heals all things.
I don't remember SARS at all. Nothing in my life changed as far as I know. Everything remained normal in my world. This virus is a horse of a different color.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Actually, I don't remember SARS. Maybe things will go back to normal, but I can't imagine anyone forgetting the Coronavirus.
I just said the same thing but different wording. Guess I'm not alone.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonbrown View Post
Had a really good meal yesterday at Bluefin Grill & Bar

Servers were masked and gloved, diners were seated at 6' intervals.

As always, service was exemplary.
Unless the servers are trained how to don and remove gloves without contaminating their hands, I prefer to NOT see the servers wearing gloves. Then they feel they do not need to wash their hands. When they take off their gloves and contaminate their hands not realizing they have contaminated their hands then do not wash their hands. There is no need for gloves. Just wash hands frequently. It is safer for the customer that way.

If the server has a problem with cracking and drying hands from washing more frequently, then by all means wear gloves. But wash hands with the gloves on so the exterior of the gloves are cleaned of all the germs that attach themselves to the gloves. Keep the gloves clean and keep the skin from cracking and drying out. Win Win.

Last edited by coffeebean; 05-19-2020 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Coffeebean hit the nail on the head...
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, restaurant, remain, personally, miss

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.